NBA season 2012

LedZeppfan77

Memphis is killing the Lakers. Is it too early to throw dirt on LA's season?

No its not. Put a fork in them. Kobe said it. Too old. Cant run with the young teams and Howard is not jiving with Gasol or Nash. I am shocked with that. I thought the Lakers would at least be unstoppable but they have stopped themselves. Its a two team race, OKC and the Clippers and I still love the Clippers when they are healthy. Chris Paul will be back. They will need him for the playoffs for sure. He is day to day. Indiana was on a roll. Then they lose to Portland. Go figure.

Memphis is killing the Lakers. Is it too early to throw dirt on LA's season?

No. Actually, you're kind of late to the party. Hell, I threw dirt on their season months ago...and I'm a die-hard Laker fan.

But I'm also a realist.

The Lakers currently stand at 17-25. To get the #8 seed and make the playoffs, they most likely need to go 31-9 the rest of the way. Not bloody likely the way they've been playing.

And now there are whispers of a Dwight Howard to the Clippers rumour.

All hail your new New Orleans PELICANS!!!

No. Actually, you're kind of late to the party. Hell, I threw dirt on their season months ago...and I'm a die-hard Laker fan.

But I'm also a realist.

The Lakers currently stand at 17-25. To get the #8 seed and make the playoffs, they most likely need to go 31-9 the rest of the way. Not bloody likely the way they've been playing.

And now there are whispers of a Dwight Howard to the Clippers rumour.

All hail your new New Orleans PELICANS!!!

The Clippers are deep and loaded. Can you imagine them with Howard? They could give up three good players that would solve the Lakers woes and take home the title doing it

Watching the closing minutes of the Knicks/Celtics game. As bad as the Celts have looked this year, I would still be a bit wary of them if they are the 8 seed going against Miami at # 1. Maybe it's just me.

They fold like tents in the fourth quarter. Old dinosaurs cant run

Watching the closing minutes of the Knicks/Celtics game. As bad as the Celts have looked this year, I would still be a bit wary of them if they are the 8 seed going against Miami at # 1. Maybe it's just me.

That door may be closed and locked.

Rondo torn ACL, probably out for the season. Ugh.

Both of the top powers in the NBA go down today. I thought the Lakers would get stomped today but credit to them for playing ball & out hustling OKC. Still don't think the events of today will prevent a Thunder/Heat rematch in the the Finals, however.

bth_smiley_emoticons_basketball.gif

Oh dude. DUDE!!!!!!!! :mad: Would you stop swimmin in the kool aid. First of all, Miami are the huge favs in the East. Only NY, Indiana could probably pull an upset. Unless Philly gets Bynum and transforms into what they were becoming. Or the Nets or Bulls pull a huge upset. But understand that the Clippers with CP and chauncey are the real deal.

^^ Remind me again, how many games have the Clippers lost recently? ;) But seriously, I understand the Clips are dealing with some injuries & should start rolling again whenever Chris Paul gets back but I got to see the Clips do it in the playoffs before I start drinking their Kool-Aid. :P

^^ Remind me again, how many games have the Clippers lost recently? ;) But seriously, I understand the Clips are dealing with some injuries & should start rolling again whenever Chris Paul gets back but I got to see the Clips do it in the playoffs before I start drinking their Kool-Aid. :P

OKC has lost to bad teams too. Every team has nights when they do not show up. The Clippers have a good excuse for losing lately. NO CHRIS PAUL. and NO CHAUNCEY BILLUPS. amoung others. When healthy they can beat anyone including Durant and Westbrooke. If they had kept Harden I believe then maybe they would have had too much of a starting 5. But they did not keep him. The Clippers can put a better bench on the floor than any team. Ask Hubie Brown and Steven A Smith. That is all you need to do Mr Burrito Bandito

I love Houston tonight and Indiana also. I bet Houston flat and so far so good. I bet Indiana with Golden St. Golden St is in and Indiana winning. They got fucked in Utah the other night on a ridiculous call to end the game. If I was the coach I would have thrown the ball at the refs and hit them with it. Down two with seconds left, Utah had to inbound the ball from under their basket. They hit the back of the glass with the ball on the inbound pass. Turnover!!!!!!!! TURNOVER YOU DUMB ASS REFS. They let Utah get away with it. The announcers were dumbfounded. Like all sports these days no enforcement of rules.

This Memphis trade I am wondering who got the better of? I put a bet on Memphis and bought in up to 10 1/2 pts. I may need more now? They made a big three way trade and sent Gay packing. Golden St is a 3 pt fav over Dallas and I suspect the will beat Dallas. Golden st is a very good story this year. I have always liked them since the days of Rick Barry. My all time fav along with Jerry West and Dr J.

^^ So, do you still think Memphis is a serious contender in the West? They play the Thunder tonight, I guess we'll have an answer to how good they are without Gay.

I do not think you can just write them off. They could be better now? They are no pushover. They are on the short list and Golden St must be considered a sleeper. I thought Dallas would be better with Dirk's return. They are done for this year.

Archived