english Premier league forescat

weslgarlic

WILFRIED ZAHA could not resist a £15million move to Manchester United — even though it meant turning down his childhood team Arsenal.

The Crystal sensation, a lifelong Gunners fan, thought he was set for the Emirates before United entered the race.

Zaha, 20, signed for United in January before being loaned back to play-off chasing Palace.

The winger said: “It was always Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal in terms of where I could be going.

“I have always supported Arsenal. I did not expect United to come in but they did. Arsenal are a good team but United are one of the best in the world.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4901872/Wilfried-Zaha-Im-an-Arsenal-fan.html

WILFRIED ZAHA could not resist a £15million move to Manchester United — even though it meant turning down his childhood team Arsenal.

The Crystal sensation, a lifelong Gunners fan, thought he was set for the Emirates before United entered the race.

Zaha, 20, signed for United in January before being loaned back to play-off chasing Palace.

The winger said: “It was always Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal in terms of where I could be going.

“I have always supported Arsenal. I did not expect United to come in but they did. Arsenal are a good team but United are one of the best in the world.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4901872/Wilfried-Zaha-Im-an-Arsenal-fan.html

Sounds like a right glory hunting twat.

• 2 weeks later...

So the only thing still up for grabs is the final Champions And Also-Rans League slot. Who do we think will get it...and more importantly, who do we want to get it?

Spuds are home to Sunderland, and they need to win, which they should. They also need Arse not to win, at Newcastle. On paper, it should be very easy for Arse....but you never know.

My heart says Spurs...my head says Arse.

We pulled it off!

Hahaha, a Goner! That's very brave of you to admit that, Charles. Hmm, let's see... :Thinking: ....wasn't the last thing you 'won' that FA Cup final you stole from Man Utd?

Still, I expect you're pleased to see RVP flourishing, now that he's in a team worthy of his talent? :bubble:

We were relying too much on RVP's goals last season. This season we've played more as a team and haven't really missed him in the end. Last season's goal tally was 74 in the league, this season it's 72. Our points tally last season was 70, this season it's 73. Goals conceded last season was 49, this season 37. The second best defence in the league!

Just proves that no one is bigger than the club.

Did you know that Arsenals net spend for the last 10 years is 9 million? Incredible!

What a lot of people don't realise is how much buying the new stadium has hampered us, which Wenger said it would back in 2006. That he's managed to keep us in the top four during those years is incredible really. Now the new stadium is just about paid for.

• 2 years later...

Where have all the bloody English gone?

Opening weekend of English Premier League and not a peep about it from anyone here? I know Americans outnumber the UK here on the Forum but I didn't know it was by so large a margin that nobody would bother to talk footie.

Liverpool FC won their opener and Arsenal lost theirs...so :yay:

• 2 months later...

I'm attaching a MLS car to the EPL train for a very important announcement: perennial cellar dwellers Toronto FC are in the playoffs for the FIRST TIME EVER. They will be playing Montreal Impact in Montreal (hostile enemy territory of the terrible Frenchies) on Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 7pm EDT. MI has Drogba; TFC has Giovinco. Watch history happen. 

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/impacts-drogba-tfcs-giovinco-star-attractions-canadian-mls-201324608--sow.html

*Le sigh* Montreal won. It wasn't exactly World Cup material. Or EPL material. Or the league below that. There are probably some guys on an English beer league somewhere thinking they can resurrect their football careers in the MLS. 

Congrats, you wretched Frenchies! Hoping they do well as the only Canadian team left.

*Le sigh* Montreal won. It wasn't exactly World Cup material. Or EPL material. Or the league below that. There are probably some guys on an English beer league somewhere thinking they can resurrect their football careers in the MLS. 

Congrats, you wretched Frenchies! Hoping they do well as the only Canadian team left.

Hahaha, your carping about the 'wretched Frenchies' brings to mind the wonderfully silly scene in "Monty Python & the Holy Grail" wherein King Arthur gets involved in a pissing match with a looney French guard of a castle. "I fart in your general direction."

Ugh, MLS. I am sorry your Toronto footies couldn't get it done against Montreal. But I just can't bring myself to care enough about MLS to watch...and that's even with a team (Los Angeles Galaxy) that has won multiple MLS Cups and had the starpower (dimmed from his peak though it surely was) of Mr. Posh Spice himself, David Beckham.

I have a friend who is a rabid soccer fan and she has season tickets to the Galaxy. We'd go to games, but after a while I just couldn't take the poor level of play anymore and I began to start creating excuses not to go...gotta work, gotta babysit, gotta get my teeth cleaned.

I'd rather watch women's basketball or softball than MLS.

Archived