2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

I'm watching Baseball Tonight on ESPN, getting ready for the Yankees and the Sawx! I just hope this won't be the typical 3 or 4 hour New York/Boston marathon. I think this will be a contest to see who stays out of the cellar in the AL East.

Tomorrow's Baltimore/Tampa game should be a goody.

Looking forward to watching the Dodgers tonight. Can a 240+ million payroll buy a division title and a pennant? Time will tell, the Dodgers look good on paper, but then again so did the Lakers and look how that turned out. It's almost time to play ball!

baseball-glove-smiley-emoticon.gif

I'm watching Baseball Tonight on ESPN, getting ready for the Yankees and the Sawx! I just hope this won't be the typical 3 or 4 hour New York/Boston marathon. I think this will be a contest to see who stays out of the cellar in the AL East.

Tomorrow's Baltimore/Tampa game should be a goody.

Looking forward to watching the Dodgers tonight. Can a 240+ million payroll buy a division title and a pennant? Time will tell, the Dodgers look good on paper, but then again so did the Lakers and look how that turned out. It's almost time to play ball!

baseball-glove-smiley-emoticon.gif

The general concencus is that yes the Dodgers can win the division. But the Nationals are getting the love when it comes to getting it done in the playoffs. We should save this page for next Sept and see how stupid we are. I still believe in my Orioles and say they are not getting enough respect. The Yankees I am shocked to see are getting none for the first time since I can remember. Boston is a bit of a mystery and so are the Indians. Many changes. Boston cant be worse than last year. No way. Can Toronto be this good? As they are selling me? I do not believe until I see. In this case anyway. I like Baltimore's rotation and bullpen. I like their lineup. Can Markakis and Roberts play and stay healthy? If not do they have enough to fill the loss of Reynolds? Marchado is a key. He has to come through. The staff, they are praising guys like Hammel and Tillman and Arietta but they are overlooking one Miguel Gonzalez who I am sky high on. Lets see what happens. I expect big things from this kid on the mound. Matt Weiters is going to have a season that will remind you of Johnny Bench. He was hitting home runs in spring training and no reason to think he wont now. Tampa? How good are they? Without Shields? Did they get better? Are they the same?

DO NOT FORGET, MLB CHANNEL IS FREE NOW FOR A FEW DAYS.

^^ No it's not on my computer, it's on my cable and I just saw the crawl across the bottom of the screen that Extra Innings is free, for now. Not sure for how many days it's going to be free. Interleague every day, should be interesting.

The Mets piling up the runs today. I guess they are fortunate to be playing a team that could be worse off than them this year. At any rate, I'll take it.

:party:

I dove right into the action. I took Wash and the Mets with Atlanta, KC and Colorado. Wash and Mets appear to be in the bank. I also took the Tigers and Angels in parlays. Colorado just fucking blew it. 3 hits in the inning and no runs. Two fucking runners stranded on third base. Terrible base running. MLB is fun becaue you can jump around from game to game.

INTERLEAGUE EVERY DAY IS GREAT

Mets hit grand slam!!!!!! 11-2!!!!!!

I threw Seattle in also with King Felix at Oak

Many are picking Baltimore. I have seen nobody at any sports site or respected site pick Boston. I was happier than hell when they came back on the Yankees to win that series. But your team is not quite ready to contend this year in my opinion. I do not think you have the pitching

Well we can agree to disagree I pay no attention to those so called experts more often than not they dead wrong with their insight on teams. and you are dead wrong picking the Sox to finish dead last,I do enjoy your rants though..Its a long season and a lot of teams look good on paper or had a good year last season some of that will carry over to this year and to me the Red Sox are better off all the way around this year,they got rid of that piece of shit Beckett and I do like the new manager he will keep the team in check.The AL East is going to be tighter than you think..We stick by our teams through good and bad thats what makes true fans..Best of luck you and the O's

yankeessuckkid.jpg

Smoke 'em if you got 'em. Braves putting an early beatdown on the Phils. A Mets win and Phillies loss would really make my day.

the Phillies had their chance with bases loaded but the Braves pitched out of it and have opened up a good lead...

baseball_zpsa6498512.gif

Well we can agree to disagree I pay no attention to those so called experts more often than not they dead wrong with their insight on teams. and you are dead wrong picking the Sox to finish dead last,I do enjoy your rants though..Its a long season and a lot of teams look good on paper or had a good year last season some of that will carry over to this year and to me the Red Sox are better off all the way around this year,they got rid of that piece of shit Beckett and I do like the new manager he will keep the team in check.The AL East is going to be tighter than you think..We stick by our teams through good and bad thats what makes true fans..Best of luck you and the O's

yankeessuckkid.jpg

Well I am always happy to see the Yankees get pounded. Nice one. I may be a bit hard on Boston but its because they were so bad last year. I just do not know how a team can totally go from that to division champs in one year. That is all i am saying. This division is very very hard to pick this year the experts say. Guys like Peter Gammons and the MLB crew who I have some respect for. They did not pick the O's either as they seem to be on the Tampa wagon? Why I don know. Some are picking Toronto also. Dickey is going to give our teams hell. I think Baltimore is in the race. I will stand by that. Its the toughest call in baseball this division. I cant remember how long since the Yankees got this little respect.

I hit a nice parlay topped off by Atlanta. Escaped with my ass as I layed a run in all three games. Good contest on MLB.com/ Pick a player to get a hit daily. The Streak

King Felix is mowin them down in Oakland

Of course I know it's a long season & I don't expect the Sawx to win the division but they might be better than advertised. Let's see how they do when they have to play the teams expected to be at the top of the AL East.

I wonder if MLB Extra Innings is still free today, I might get to watch Dickey pitch for the Blue Jays. Orioles/Rays is going to be on MLB Network, any fear of David Price for the O's fans reading this?

baseball-066.gif

Of course I know it's a long season & I don't expect the Sawx to win the division but they might be better than advertised. Let's see how they do when they have to play the teams expected to be at the top of the AL East.

I wonder if MLB Extra Innings is still free today, I might get to watch Dickey pitch for the Blue Jays. Orioles/Rays is going to be on MLB Network, any fear of David Price for the O's fans reading this?

baseball-066.gif

If its on the same schedule as MLB channels then YES. All week you get it. I have MLB for the entire year given the Oriole return to respectability. I have just told off one asshole on CBS Sportsline that bashed my Orioles saying "hope you enjoyed last year because the organization stinks and so does the team". Yeah, Ok. that guy is so full of shit. Look at our lineup. I say, not too shabby. I love our pitching staff and Bundy will be here soon. Gonzalez is not getting much attention. Good. Remember, you heard it here first how good this kid is going to be. I loved what I saw from him last year. My boy Matt Weiters, and oh, I have my new jersey to go put on for the game, is going to hit alot of HR's. Go O's!!!!!!!!!

I love Oakland and Texas to bounce back today

Plus you have one of the best managers in baseball, Rick - IMO.

He single handidly managed alot of those victories during that long stretch of extra inniing wins that almost broke the all time record. There is no reason to think we cannot be in the race. None. The so called non believers are those that are wanting us to fail for their hatred of the owner. We have 3 gold gloves and a good young staff, and we were second in the majors in home runs. I think we are the most underated team in baseball. I hope we can ruin Tampa's home opener today.

Archived