2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

^^ Good to hear you're having a good time ebk. Good food and baseball, can't beat that. B)

Rick, have you got MLB network hooked up yet?

Paul yes I do. And the wife will most likely hit me with a skillet. Its ordered. Only because the Orioles have promise.

I do not know how anyone can watch pre season baseball. Some of the regular season games are hard to sit through. How can you really judge teams in pre season? Are the Dodgers not supposed to be pretty good? In the race? I am expecting big things from my boys.

And I'm with you Rick, preseason baseball means squat. If it did, then that would mean the Royals are going to the World Series! :rolleyes:

Gentlemen, please. I wasn't watching the game with money on the line or an active rooting interest in which team won. I was merely watching while eating my lunch and allowing my mind to take a break from work.

I watched so as to begin to reacquaint myself with the rhythms of the game. The sight of crisp white uniforms against beautiful green grass. The glorious crack of the wood bat against ball. The parabolic arc of the ball in flight.

All reminders that spring is here and hope springs eternal for all teams.

A game doesn't have to mean anything or have a bet riding on the outcome for me to enjoy the play of it.

Gentlemen, please. I wasn't watching the game with money on the line or an active rooting interest in which team won. I was merely watching while eating my lunch and allowing my mind to take a break from work.

I watched so as to begin to reacquaint myself with the rhythms of the game. The sight of crisp white uniforms against beautiful green grass. The glorious crack of the wood bat against ball. The parabolic arc of the ball in flight.

All reminders that spring is here and hope springs eternal for all teams.

A game doesn't have to mean anything or have a bet riding on the outcome for me to enjoy the play of it.

That is beautiful

I just dont know. In a game where they play 162 games in the regular season I just cannot watch one pitch of spring training. Never could. Never will

A local radio host that I fight with all the time got a caller that said the Yankees will win the series. The host, a well respected analyst said "Ill give you a hundred dollars and you give me a quarter" and that will be the bet if the Yankees win it. That is how confident he is that they will NOT win it. And he is a big big baseball guy and is not a Yankee hater like me.

^^ Given all their injuries and age, the Series does seem a little far-fetched, but the playoffs are a real good possibility. As I've said before, don't bury the Yankees just yet. Something tells me they will be heard from in the AL East.

I hope not. I am hoping Baltimore can find a way. Toronto is the early favorite. I would think Baltimore has to be considered. I like our chances.

I just dont know. In a game where they play 162 games in the regular season I just cannot watch one pitch of spring training. Never could. Never will

A local radio host that I fight with all the time got a caller that said the Yankees will win the series. The host, a well respected analyst said "Ill give you a hundred dollars and you give me a quarter" and that will be the bet if the Yankees win it. That is how confident he is that they will NOT win it. And he is a big big baseball guy and is not a Yankee hater like me.

He's just trying to drum up callers for his radio show. There is no way the Yankees are winning it this year, unless they get some unforeseen help from young guys coming up. Too old, too injured and not enough pitching depth - IMO.

He's just trying to drum up callers for his radio show. There is no way the Yankees are winning it this year, unless they get some unforeseen help from young guys coming up. Too old, too injured and not enough pitching depth - IMO.

That is what he said, no way are they winning it. He is so confident that he would give the caller a hundred dollars and he would only get a quarter if he is right and they do NOT win. But he is on the Toronto bandwagon. He always puts down my Orioles the prick. I say Baltimore is the team to beat in the East. Tampa lost Shields so that cannot help. But they still have Price. But I love our rotation. Especially Miguel Gonzalez. Go O's

Was it Mike Francessa from WFAN! They all do this and he's a big Yankee fan.

Don't count the Boston Red Sox out just yet.....

I am counting them out right now!!!! Toast. Nada. My fantasy team is all Orioles except for DH and that is Reynolds of Cleveland. Gee, where did he come from? Boston is toast. Yankees are Melba Toast.

Only 4 more days until we have real baseball to talk about, although I'm kind of conflicted because the opening night game coincides with the Heat/Spurs game, but I guess that's why a smart man invented the remote control.

Only 4 more days until we have real baseball to talk about, although I'm kind of conflicted because the opening night game coincides with the Heat/Spurs game, but I guess that's why a smart man invented the remote control.

That Spurs game could be the one that makes or breaks them catching the Lakers long standing streak

Why dont we all make our predictions, either here or another thread, and do it before March 31st, April 1st as the deadline, and see how we do by seasons end? We can predict each division, and then our playoff teams, and who wins? It will be a fun contest. Lets say 5 pts for division winner, 3 pts for wild card, and then ten points for the first playof series, twenty pts for the Pennant winner of each league and 50 for the Series winner. If you have a better way to do it I am all ears. First let me see how much interest we can generate. I have already joined some fantasy leagues.

^^ I'll bite, it could be fun...

National League:

Division Winners: Washington, Cincinnati, San Francisco

Wild Cards: Atlanta, LA Dodgers

NL Pennant Winner: Washington

American League:

Division Winners: Baltimore, Detroit, LA Angels

Wild Cards: Tampa, Oakland

AL Pennant Winner: Detroit

World Series Prediction:

Washington over Detroit in 6.

Well, there are my predictions, did I leave anything out Rick? I didn't do a complete playoffs predictions only because we don't know who will match up with who as far as which division winner plays the wild card, plus what the format will be this year although I believe I heard MLB will go back to the 2-2-1 format for the first playoff round. Play ball!

Why dont we all make our predictions, either here or another thread, and do it before March 31st, April 1st as the deadline, and see how we do by seasons end?

Sure. I'll try to remember to do this by Monday, I need to think on it some.

It's almost here! Going to a game at Fenway in April (so far, I'll probably add more later). I look forward to the feeling I get when coming up the ramp behind home plate and seeing the Green Monster looming in the outfield, hearing balls clang off the manual scoreboard, hearing "Play Ball!" and even sitting in the cramped seats.

Good luck to all of the forum's baseball fans, let's hope for a good season.

I just bet $5 future that the Orioles will meet the Nationals in the World Series. 300-1. Later, I may toss the Dodgers in there. The Astros and the Marlins you can get 300,000-1

I am shocked the Orioles are the longest shot to win the AL East. That is just bullshit

Archived