2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

I'm still trying to figure out how the Astros of all teams got elected to kick off the season in primetime, but I'll probably end up watching anyway. :rolleyes:

Because it's Houston vs. Texas, the first game as an AL team for the Astros, signifying the new realignment and rivalry with Texas.

I'll make my picks later today after I've had some coffee and woken up.

NATIONAL LEAGUE

NL West: San Francisco

NL Central: St. Louis

NL East: Atlanta

NL Wild Cards: LA Dodgers, Washington

NL Pennant: Dodgers

AMERICAN LEAGUE

AL West: Angels

AL Central: Detroit

AL East: Baltimore

AL Wild Cards: Oakland, Tampa Bay

AL Pennant: Angels

WORLD SERIES

Angels over Dodgers

OK, it was my idea so here we go:

AL East Baltimore

AL Central Kansas City

AL West LA Angels

Wild Cards: Toronto and Texas

NL East Washington

NL Central St Louis

NL West LA Dodgers

Wild Cards San Francisco and Atlanta

World Series Baltimore over Washington in 7

Cy Young Miguel Gonzalez

I bet $5 on a future and took Baltimore and Washington to meet in Series

Will play one more with Baltimore and LA Dodgers

American League:

East: Blue Jays

Central: Tigers

West: Angels

Wild Card: Rays, Royals

Pennant: Angels

National League:

East: Nationals

Central: Cardinals

West: Dodgers

Wild Card: Reds, Giants

Pennant: Nationals

World Series:

Angels

AL:

East - Baltimore

Central - Detroit

West - Los Angeles

Wild Cards: Toronto and Oakland

AL Champ: Toronto

NL:

East - Washington

Central - St. Louis

West - San Francisco

Wild Cards: Los Angeles and Atlanta

NL Champ: Washington

World Series Champion: Washington

Interesting Walter. You have the Orioles winning the division and yet the Blue Jays getting to the Series as a Wild Card? I was on the fence with Texas and Oakland as wild cards. There are many possible outcomes. Funny how I have not seen one pick for the Yankees even making the playoffs.

Rick's sporting the O's avatar allready, not a good sign for the Sabers...LOL. I'll be changing my blueshirt signature pic if ( when ) they lose the next game........ I'm surprised there is little talk about the A's in the west. I think the Angles will implode with the overstocking of super-ego......The Rangers will go as far as Harison and Holland can take them. Lewis will be a nice addition once he is back from Tommy John.....Darvish will be solid.

Rick's sporting the O's avatar allready, not a good sign for the Sabers...LOL. I'll be changing my blueshirt signature pic if ( when ) they lose the next game........ I'm surprised there is little talk about the A's in the west. I think the Angles will implode with the overstocking of super-ego......The Rangers will go as far as Harison and Holland can take them. Lewis will be a nice addition once he is back from Tommy John.....Darvish will be solid.

Well its the start of the sesason and certainly the O's have more promise than my Sabres at the moment. I am not losing any of my lifeelong love and loyalty to my Sabres, dont get me wrong. Miller is 16-2 vs Boston in the regular season,. Nuts. If we do beat them again we are still pretty much alive. But I am more interested in what Pegula and Black will do with Darcy and if they make any blockbuster trades?

Regehr is the guy that is killing us and he is on the ice AGAIN!!!! Get rid of him

Well, after what seems like forever, the regular season finally kicks off & I couldn't be happier, even if it is just the lowly Houston Astros kicking off the season (WTF?!?). But, dog team aside, I got my seeds ready & I'm ready for what should be an exciting year. The greatest game in the world is back, Play Ball!!!

baseball_zpsa6498512.gif

Well, after what seems like forever, the regular season finally kicks off & I couldn't be happier, even if it is just the lowly Houston Astros kicking off the season (WTF?!?). But, dog team aside, I got my seeds ready & I'm ready for what should be an exciting year. The greatest game in the world is back, Play Ball!!!

baseball_zpsa6498512.gif

Talk about a shit game. I am sure its because they are returning to the AL. Easy fucking pickings for the teams in their division.

Astro's just got fucked. The ump calls out the guy at second and the replay was easy, he was safe. You could see he was safe without the replay. So already they are fucking screwing teams. Houston does not deserve to get fucked by the UMPS

Boston was horrible last year. You really think they can overcome their problems in one year in this sport? No way

ya that was freaking last year and yes they can overcome the Bobby Valentine experiment gone horribly wrong. John Farrel is a good Manager and has the team ready for the season as the face the Yankees tomorrow.. Its no crazier than you thinking that Baltimore is going to win the AL East.

ya that was freaking last year and yes they can overcome the Bobby Valentine experiment gone horribly wrong. John Farrel is a good Manager and has the team ready for the season as the face the Yankees tomorrow.. Its no crazier than you thinking that Baltimore is going to win the AL East.

Many are picking Baltimore. I have seen nobody at any sports site or respected site pick Boston. I was happier than hell when they came back on the Yankees to win that series. But your team is not quite ready to contend this year in my opinion. I do not think you have the pitching

I don't know how crazy it is to say the O's are going to win the AL East. How close did they come last year, only 2 games behind the Yanks. I know everyone wants to hand the division to the Blue Jays, but I'm still skeptical about them.

Don't look now, but the Astros are 3 up on Texas. Oh my!

Looking forward to that Giants/Dodgers game tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if the Dodgers are more than paper champions.

I don't know how crazy it is to say the O's are going to win the AL East. How close did they come last year, only 2 games behind the Yanks. I know everyone wants to hand the division to the Blue Jays, but I'm still skeptical about them.

Don't look now, but the Astros are 3 up on Texas. Oh my!

Looking forward to that Giants/Dodgers game tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if the Dodgers are more than paper champions.

I will say this. NO FUCKING WAY DO THE RED SOX FINISH AHEAD OF US

Well, so much for the Astros being the mutts of the West. Bwa-ha-ha-ha. :lol: But of course, I know it's just one game in a 162 game season, so I won't get carried away but concern for Texas?!?!?

What do I have to look forward to tomorrow. Jonathon Niese starting for the Mets against San Diego. It's going to be a long year. :unsure:

Watching the MLB prediction show. Peter Gammons is amoung the analysts. They really love the Angels and Nationals to win their divisions. But I have not finished watching. I taped it and they have not gotten to the Al East or Central yet. Edit, they pick the Tigers to win by 10 games over the Indians. I believe KC will surprise and do much better.

Billy Ripken does too. He picks KC second and says Francona will help Indians. Some believe Tigers will run away and some do not.

AL East is predicted as the closest and toughest to predict. Some think Boston will be much better. Some think they will finish dead last. like me. Is Baltimoroe for real is one big question. Why not. Look at their roster. Is Toronto for real is my question? Yankees are being picked for 4th and that is a shock in itself.

Gammons says do not count the O's out but is picking the /Rays. I dont see it, expecially with losing Shields. Tampa and Blue Jays are both being picked by a couple of them. The O's are picked for 2nd by some. I think they are putting too much emphasis on the one run miracle run and not enough on the young staff that will be better. And they will not see Miguel Gonzalez coming. I will.

Archived