Scam Emails

Pagesbow

I get these type of emails all the time into my junk folder. Basically "Mr Frank Santiago" wants me to send him $149 via Western Union. It made me think: could anybody on planet Earth (who hasn't been living under a rock without internet access) actually fall for this type of 419 scam anymore? But surely someone must be or they wouldn't still bother?

Subject: PAYMENT INSTRUCTION

Attention:Honorable Beneficiary,

To The Owner Of This E-mail, How are you today, I write to inform you that we have already sent you $5000.00 US dollars through Western union as we have been given the mandate to transfer your full compensation payment total sum of US1.5million,via Western Union by our Government. I was calling your telephone number to give you the information through phone but you did not pick up my calls throughout that yesterday even this morning. Now, I decided to email you the MTCN and sender name so that you will pick up this $5000.00 to enable us send another $5000.00 today as you know we will be sending you only $5000.00 per day.

Please pick up this information and run to western union to pick up the $5000.00 and call me back to send you another payment today, payment officer Mr.Frank Santiago Email:(franksantiagongwu1@gmail.com
) call or email me once you picked up this $5000.00 today. Here is the Western Union information to pick up the Money.

SENDER'S NAME: ABDALGANI ADEL MUSAMI
MTCN: 003-208-1402
AMOUNT: $5,000.00 US DOLLARS
TEXT QUESTION: WHO IS KING
TEXT ANWSER: GOD

I am waiting for your call once you pick up this $5000.00,Please email me your direct telephone number because I need to be calling you once we send any payment for the information.

Thanks

Mr.Frank Santiago
Payment Officer Western Union
Lagos Nigeria
Tel:+234-802-991-8731
Direct Contact Email:franksantiagongwu1@gmail.com

This next email actually had me going for about five seconds, as I had applied for a few jobs on a website (that I now do not use) called "Gumtree" and at first glance it almost had an air of believability about it (obviously, when you re-read it there is nothing believable about it, at all) However, I thought I had a job for those five seconds. When I realised it was a scam email it made me quite angry (again, for about 5 seconds) as to try an extort money out of genuine people looking for work strikes me as being even more morally repugnant than the "send me $149 dollars to get 1.5 million" Nigerian scammers who surely can't get find many gullible people these days. I feel the email bellow might work on someone who was really desperate for a job; and that is sad. I don't know how these people can live with themselves.

Dear Stuart,

I'm Anderson Noise, the manager of the DHL Warehouse in Birmingham.

After your application for our advertising on gumtree for working in our company, we are glad to inform you that after carefully reviewed your CV, and we saw some interesting things in, you have been selected to join our team. There will be a 3 day induction and training which will start on the 18th and end on the 20th of March 2013 from 10AM to 6PM each day at the Aston Cross Business Park, 50. Rocky Lane, Aston, Birmingham B6 5RQ.

DHL is a delivery company, we are one of the biggest delivery company in the world.

The three day training will be fully paid for and you are expected to come with your original documents;

Passport / Identity Card (to show your right work in the UK)

National Insurance Number

Bank Account details (for Your wages)

The pay rate for your position will be £7.65 an hour, your shift pattern will be 8 hours a day, 5 days on and 2 days off, there is also Full time and Part time positions to choose from, the normal shift is from 10AM-6PM, but we have always overtime if you want to earn more money.

Please e-mail us back in the following days, on or before the 17th of March 2013;

Your uniform sizes (Shirt, Trousers, and Hi Viz)

Payment for your CRB check.

As a result of recent Government changes to the vetting and barring scheme (VBS) the cost of Enhanced CRB check is £44. Due to insurance purposes and our client’s policy we can not accept CRB check done outside the company.

The Ukash is a new safe and secure payment method that we use for effective payment of CRB fees. The post office, newsagent shops and off licence top up shops with a Paypoint, Payzone or Epay services can issue you an Ukash voucher. The Ukash voucher is an 19 digital numbers is what we require you to email us back for your CRB payment fees.

You will get the refund of the CRB check with your training payment in all case for sure, if you will get the job permanent, or if not, but we have to it as it is rule.

The deadline for the submission by email of your uniform sizes and £44 Ukash voucher numbers will be on the 17th of March 2013. We are extremely busy in this period and may not be able to respond all enquiries, but if you have any question, do not hesitate to contact me. We will give you any more information needed on the training day and we are glad to welcome you in our company and of course in our successfully team.

See you on the training day!

Anderson Noise

DHL - Manager

Frankly, I've never been fooled by these e-mails. For one thing, they are always so pitifully written with syntax and spelling mistakes galore, that only someone with no knowledge of the English language could mistake it as a legitimate offer. By the second sentence of that second DHL e-mail I knew it was bogus. No company worth a damn would send out such a poorly written job offer, and I wouldn't want to work for one that did.

These ruses are so obvious and transparent, and the warnings have been in the media for decades now, that I have no sympathy anymore for the dolts that are taken in by them. The Darwin rules in effect.

Nigerian fraud.

Some programme here once re-did the nasty trick back on them, which was great fun to watch.

The last geezer who ever sent me three of these mails in a row got one mail back from me, stating that I "as being a member of the KKK didn't deal with......." For some reason he never spammed me again, maybe he didn't like me being a bigger liar than him.

I too get these a lot but would never fall for them. So many say they want you to contact a certain person to pick up an inheritance of 10 million dollars, pounds or whatever. The money was intended for someone else, they reportedly die and this person contacts you to send you the money. Someone you have never met in your life nor have ever heard of and wants you to have this vast amount of dough! I don't think so.

All scams. Usually ask for contact info as well as bank account numbers, SS# etc. to get hold of your personal info so they can completely drain you financially! Just per scum and is difficult to find these people. Just chain them with a 100 lb stone tied to there feet and drop them in the middle of the Atlantic. Fine with me and what they deserve. Ruining peoples lives like this financially to me is just as bad as many physical crimes. How you stop this over the internet is another thing. Don't fall prey to these scams and don't get involved with monetary things that are unsolicited by you. Only, when you make the choice and from an outsider you are very familiar with. Probably a better way to explain this, but you get the idea.

That right there,should've set off the alarm bells!

.......And alarm bells are noisy. But yeah, that name is so arbitrary. Surely, if you want a scam email like that to have more success, you would go with a generic, bog standard name to kick it off. Had I had applied for a job to be a DJ in a club in Ibiza, then "Anderson Noise" might have been apt.

Frankly, I've never been fooled by these e-mails. For one thing, they are always so pitifully written with syntax and spelling mistakes galore, that only someone with no knowledge of the English language could mistake it as a legitimate offer. By the second sentence of that second DHL e-mail I knew it was bogus. No company worth a damn would send out such a poorly written job offer, and I wouldn't want to work for one that did.

These ruses are so obvious and transparent, and the warnings have been in the media for decades now, that I have no sympathy anymore for the dolts that are taken in by them. The Darwin rules in effect.

The only reason I did a double take with this particular email is that I had applied for (what I thought was a legitimate) job at DHL. I don't understand why these type of emails are always so poorly written, and If I were going to try and scam someone I would make sure that the email I sent out had perfect grammar and spelling to give my ruse the best possible chance of success. It almost feels as if they want to make it obviously fake; then if one is stupid enough to send them money, by that logic, any guilt is assuaged and "If the person is stupid enough to fall for it" then it is their own fault.

There is unfortunately some niave people out there

got one today, on my mobile phone ....

" we have been trying to contact you ..... " oh yeah? i have no missed call from you ..... lol

" you are entitled to a large sum of money ..... " jeez, do people actually fall for this? still?

We are belonging to Microsoft and wish to scan your very nice desktops for the widespread panic of Oicu812 Trojan replacements. Please contact us for special time FREE scan providing ours with yours visa or mastercard for validation porpoises only.

microsoft_team@gmail.com

We are belonging to Microsoft and wish to scan your very nice desktops for the widespread panic of Oicu812 Trojan replacements. Please contact us for special time FREE scan providing ours with yours visa or mastercard for validation porpoises only.

microsoft_team@gmail.com

For validation "porpoises" only. Now tell me: who wouldn't want to be validated by a porpoise?

I

I believe that is where the blowhole comes into play.

Wow, you really do learn something new everyday...

However, I'm too worried to contemplate the logistics of Porpoise validation at the moment after receiving some rather alarming news into my junk email folder earlier which I feel duty bound to share with with you, and please, try to stay calm:

TOXIC BELLY BUGS infest 9 out of 10 people (are you one of them?)

Archived