2013-14 NBA Season

Strider

Rick, you gotta stop with the Knicks talk, man! Haha, you cannot seriously think they are a playoff contender? They're a joke. It's strictly a two-team conference in the East...Miami and Indiana. The early rounds in the East are going to be boring and brutal.

Rick, you gotta stop with the Knicks talk, man! Haha, you cannot seriously think they are a playoff contender? They're a joke. It's strictly a two-team conference in the East...Miami and Indiana. The early rounds in the East are going to be boring and brutal.

When did I ever say they are going to the finals? I only pointed out how hot they were all of a sudden. They went into San Antonio and won. Won at OKC. I mean, if that does not get the eyes to open what does? Sure, they have crashed back to Earth. Like the Wizards. I know its a two team race in the East. The 76ers got freakin killed out West. I mean killed.

The West is another story. Many think OKC is going to breeze. I say the Clippers are right in the mix. They have been playing very well. And Portland has also. Tonight OKC at Portland

I agree with Strider, the 1st round of the Eastern Conference playoffs are going to be brutal. Of course, I've said many times that they should just do away with the 1st round altogether & cut the number of teams that do make the playoffs in half. Why should the Heat or the Pacers for that matter have to waste time and energy on the Nets and the Bobcats, who are sitting at #7 and #8 right now....

I agree with Strider, the 1st round of the Eastern Conference playoffs are going to be brutal. Of course, I've said many times that they should just do away with the 1st round altogether & cut the number of teams that do make the playoffs in half. Why should the Heat or the Pacers for that matter have to waste time and energy on the Nets and the Bobcats, who are sitting at #7 and #8 right now....

Paul, for one thing, there is a thing called revenue and fan interest. Bringing the fans to the game is going to be done by allowing more teams in. The Bobcats have actually played pretty well of late. I expect Golden St to win tonight. Miami has to be tired and have no reason to be up for this game before the all star break. So I took Golden St. Also the Clippers and Bobcats with points. Those Clippers are looking pretty darn good. Now that CP is back, look out. I believe they are on a collision course with OKC.

Oh man, the agony of the Lakers continues...Nash tried to play last night and of course he gets hurt and has to leave the game...AGAIN! I would be in tears if it weren't so comical...and predictable. I saw this coming...all the injuries (the Lakers resemble a MASH unit more than a basketball team), all the apathy, all the disarray, all the empty seats, all the losses.

Hey, but at least Chris Kaman fans got their wish. D'Antoni finally remembered Kaman was on the team and started him at center. All right Chris! :bagoverhead:

Oh man, the agony of the Lakers continues...Nash tried to play last night and of course he gets hurt and has to leave the game...AGAIN! I would be in tears if it weren't so comical...and predictable. I saw this coming...all the injuries (the Lakers resemble a MASH unit more than a basketball team), all the apathy, all the disarray, all the empty seats, all the losses.

Hey, but at least Chris Kaman fans got their wish. D'Antoni finally remembered Kaman was on the team and started him at center. All right Chris! :bagoverhead:

I had Utah parlayed. The Clippers are the only team in LA now

• 2 weeks later...

The Heat only a game and 1/2 behind the Pacers for the top seed in the East. Clippers with a big win over the Thunder, although I would say statements are usually made in May and June, and if I had to put money on it, I would take the Thunder in a 7 game series....

Of course you would Paul. Firstly to get under my skin!!! LOL.

Here's how little I have been paying attention to the NBA this year. I was completely oblivious to the All-Star Weekend and also forgot about the Celtics coming to town to play the Lakers last week, which is something I usually never miss. As bad as the Lakers have been this year, we still swept the Celtics this season. I guess Boston is tanking better than we are this year. ;)

Well I do not know what the above poster is talking about but the last two nights in the NBA I have picked up $350. Clean sweep two straight nights including Minny straight up over Phoenix. Tonight I am waiting for lines on Clippers, Golden St, Utah, whoever the Lakers are playing. Clippers are playing lights out. Home and rested and Houston played at Sac last night. I had Houston also for the record. So betting on the NBA has been good to me. Its far better to bet on basketball and baseball than football. Even hockey is better. Football is the worst sport to win on. But it draws the most gamblers

OKC must have had their heads hangin after losing to my Clippers. Cleveland went in there and beat them. And NO I did not bet that game. It was a 15 pt spread. Someone gave me good advice years ago. Stay away from those large spread games. And I do. I need the Clippers to win tonight vs a very good Houston team that played last night. If they do, I will take down the house agian

I wonder if the sky is falling in OKC; 3 straight losses with Westbrooke back in the lineup. They will be fine though; I still foresee a Heat/Thunder NBA Finals in the future...

dribbling-smiley-emoticon.gif

I am going to have to slap some sense into you aren't I? Are you blind? Have you not noticed the LA Clippers? And what they are doing? Taking down all contenders and the are going to have a tougher road to the finals than you guys in that weak conference. You will no doubt play Indiana who could beat you. And if you beat them, the Clippers will be waiting for you. I just hope that it does not take too much out of them winning the West. They will have to beat OKC, Portland and Houston. But are better than all 3 easily

Slap me silly Rick. :P But seriously, I would like a Heat/Clippers NBA Finals, that would be very entertaining as well. And yes, the road to the Finals will be tougher for whoever comes out of the West, no question. Personally, I've stated many times my lack of enthusiasm for the first round of the NBA playoffs, especially the Eastern conference portion...

Slap me silly Rick. :P But seriously, I would like a Heat/Clippers NBA Finals, that would be very entertaining as well. And yes, the road to the Finals will be tougher for whoever comes out of the West, no question. Personally, I've stated many times my lack of enthusiasm for the first round of the NBA playoffs, especially the Eastern conference portion...

May not be as easy. Teams are getting better. Even Charlotte has gotten much better. Indiana is the only true competition for the Heat in the East. I beat them by a half a pt with Orlando tonight. Took the 14 1/2. Picked up another $300 on my off shore accounts. 4 night winning streak. But more on hockey. Hockey pays big if you can win by more than a goal. And that TV game in the snow got me a big score. Over 5 1/2. Had to sweat it. Clippers are kicking butt again right now. I do not see anyone beating them in LA. I like the Clippers big time

Watching SportsCenter right now; I see Lebron went off tonight. Maybe that race for league MVP isn't in the bag for Kevin Durant after all....

Best game of his career against a very improved Charlotte team. I like Houston tonight because they are home and rested. Miami played last night and maybe still be celebrating Lebron's game. Houston and Dwight Howard will not be celebrating. They will be hell bent on beating the Heat. Good spot for them to get it done

Archived