YOSEMITE FIRE AS BIG AS CHICAGO

Strider

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/26/us/california-yosemite-wildfire/?c=&page=0

What a disaster. To think of such beautiful country being scorched by this fire is heartbreaking. The fire is so large it can be seen in space.

My main thoughts and concerns go out to the more than 3,600 brave firefighters out there trying to stop this blaze. My well-wishes go out to all of them and may they all be able to return to their friends and families soon.

terrible news :(

fires are so devastating. we are well aware of them here in oz, and our season is not far off.

i hope they can contain it soon, and with no loss of life. the poor wildlife, though .... :( :(

That what I always think about.

I love Yosemite, I've spent two vacations there in the last five years, absolutely stunning scenery. Definitely a must see before you die kind of place.

I'm not so much worried about the park burning down. What I am concerned about is the people that live up there, the firefighters, and the facilities that cities depend on (San Francisco's key water and power sources).

It's a humid, breezy day in L.A....hopefully the winds aren't too severe up there.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived