PAUL McCARTNEY FREE CONCERT IN HOLLYWOOD!

Strider

I'm going to try to get into this Monday...more interested in the Paul McCartney show than the Justin Timberlake one the next day. Either way, Hollywood traffic is going to be hell the next few days.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/09/paul-mccartney-justin-timberlake-and-jimmy-kimmel-to-screw-hollywood-traffic-for-two-night-concert/

I have to admit seeing Paul McCartney last July at Safeco Field in Seattle blew my mind. I had 11th row center seats and he played 3 hours non-stop without one moment being boring. His backup band was terrific. Great show. It was the first full length concert at Safeco. Being 71 years old he was amazing! The 3 remaining members of Nirvana joined him for the encores. Amazing. I enjoy JT movies, but can do without his music.....he's very talented for what he does but the music is not my cup.

Free?! I thought there is still quite a lot of money in Hollywood!?? How about Kampuchea!!??

How fascinating. Not. Obviously you didn't read the link.

I've decided to pass on going to the McCartney concert. There are other things I want to do and I have already seen Macca five times. Plus, since this is for the Jimmy Kimmel Show, it'll be on TV later tonight as well as the internet, I'm sure.

Undecided about Timberlake tomorrow...I do like some of the new album.

I have to admit seeing Paul McCartney last July at Safeco Field in Seattle blew my mind. I had 11th row center seats and he played 3 hours non-stop without one moment being boring. His backup band was terrific. Great show. It was the first full length concert at Safeco. Being 71 years old he was amazing! The 3 remaining members of Nirvana joined him for the encores. Amazing. I enjoy JT movies, but can do without his music.....he's very talented for what he does but the music is not my cup.

no contest for me, i would jump at the chance to see macca! one of the most brilliant composer/performers of our time!

no contest for me, i would jump at the chance to see macca! one of the most brilliant composer/performers of our time!

There seems to be some confusion...Macca and JT aren't performing the same day. Macca's Jimmy Kimmel concert is today and Timberlake's Kimmel concert is tomorrow. So there's no choice necessary to be made. You could theoretically go to one or both or neither.

There seems to be some confusion...Macca and JT aren't performing the same day. Macca's Jimmy Kimmel concert is today and Timberlake's Kimmel concert is tomorrow. So there's no choice necessary to be made. You could theoretically go to one or both or neither.

i understood that. i was just meaning that it would be no question .... chance to see a macca concert? YES!

How fascinating. Not. Obviously you didn't read the link.

I've decided to pass on going to the McCartney concert. There are other things I want to do and I have already seen Macca five times. Plus, since this is for the Jimmy Kimmel Show, it'll be on TV later tonight as well as the internet, I'm sure.

Undecided about Timberlake tomorrow...I do like some of the new album.

I do too!

His horn players are Berklee Alum..

Way cool.

Saw him in 89' and 90' in Chicago. 89' was at a small venue if you can believe that, not sure which one but I think it was Rosemonte Horizon. Amazing, awesome show. When I saw him at Soldier Field the following year...meh, nothing to brag about. Except for Fool on the Hill and a few of his new songs at the time the rest of the concert was forgettable, almost rote. Not sure why, maybe he was simply tired, they guy had been touring for a year and this was the last show I believe.

I really felt lucky to see him in 89', I think this was the first time he toured since 76' and like I said, he was amazing with an amazing backup band which included two former Pretenders players.

• 4 weeks later...

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2465913/Paul-McCartney-surprises-2-000-fans-Covent-Garden-secret-lunchtime-gig.html#ixzz2i7YJdRRz

"...Workers on their lunch break, shoppers and tourists got a huge shock on Friday when Sir Paul McCartney performed an impromptu gig in the heart of Covent Garden.

The 71-year-old drew a massive crowd of 2000 fans after he hosted a free concert in central London to promote his latest album New.

Crowds of people swarmed to get a spot in the packed piazza as rumours of the gig spread across Twitter before the Beatles musician took to the stage at 1pm."

Archived