2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

Looks like they may give Miguel Gonzalez a shot at a complete game? 6-0 O's. Tillman has one. Hey EBK, do you really want an Orioles vs Nats series? Having obvious like for the Nats as your second favorite? I would like to see the O's and Dodgers. I like Vin Scully too. But as long as we win, I really dont care who we beat. How about those Cardinals? LOL

Looks like they may give Miguel Gonzalez a shot at a complete game? 6-0 O's. Tillman has one. Hey EBK, do you really want an Orioles vs Nats series? Having obvious like for the Nats as your second favorite? I would like to see the O's and Dodgers. I like Vin Scully too. But as long as we win, I really dont care who we beat. How about those Cardinals? LOL

If the St. Louis Cardinals do make it to this years World Series, I really do not care who they play. Now I would like to see the Cardinals play the Orioles.

2014 World Series: the Saint Louis Cardinals versus the Baltimore Orioles.

Edited by kingzoso

The only downside of an O's-Nats series would be that I would be poor by the end of it :)

Yes, please be My guest and share them with the forum and the Mods. I would like to see and read what vulgar pm's and e-mails I have sent you in the past. Please refresh My memory of what I sent you. You definitely raised My interest (and that of others who want this to be true). Start with My first vulgar pm to you and what that date was and then I might want to recall the rest of the things I never said to you. I would like a date, time and content for all these vulgar pms and e-mails that I NEVER sent you. How many did Me and My cronies send you? Please be specific.

You are COMPLETELY LYING. I have NEVER sent you vulgar pms and emails because:

1). I have only pm'd 2 two people on this forum. A friend of mine from Saint Louis and another person I met at the 2000 Led Zeppelin convention in Cleveland, Ohio. I HAVE NEVER PM'D YOU ANY VULGAR MESSAGES, EVER.

2). I have never e-mailed you because I do not have your e-mail address and I have NO reason to ever e-mail you about anything. I don't even like you so why would I have reason to e-mail you. As for my cronies, who or what "cronies" are you referring too? I want specific name or aliases of these supposed cronies of Mine. The more you can name and state the stronger your case could be. Please names or forum names. If they are actually real, then My cronies would have to be listed in the official index. Who are they?

What you posted is slanderous and Slander is a very serious offense, whether in a Led Zeppelin forum and especially in a Real World situation.

And I consider this Both. If you have the proof and the gall to say what you say, then you have the burden of proof to back up what you say with actual proof and/or evidence. I would like to see or read your evidence. That is, words or anything that you can tie me to your Bullshit allegations.

Either you prove to Me what you posted about vulgar pm's and e-mails I personally sent to you or I expect a public apology because what you posted is factually not true and I do not see your point in trying to slander and defame My name (besides trying to make Me look bad by yours and your words alone). I demand Truth and Proof of your "alleged" evidence about My (non-existent) vulgar pm's and e-mails that I sent you. When were these "supposed" pm's and e-mails sent, what was the content of them and who or which of My cronies also sent you such?

As for Me trying to bait LedZeppfan77 into saying something to try and get him banned is another of your deliberately misdirected (or possibly calculated) inferences. I do not and have never wanted to get someone "banned" just because I do not agree with them or they do not agree with me. He knows that I Love My Cardinals and I know the He Loves his Orioles. This is America. We can Like, Love or Hate whoever or whatever We choose, and I do not Hate anyone. I don't even Hate you, strider, but I do not like you either. You are the true and real instigator by posting what you posted and knowing that it is completely not true. If, as you say, that I am simply trolling, then YOU ARE PURELY LYING!!!

If you do not, can not or will not prove the slanderous post that you made against Me, then I might be the one to share this with the Mods. That is how much I know that you are LYING. How about that? Lastly, why would you make up something like that when you and I know that what you are alleging is completely NOT TRUE? Believe Me, I am not weak or easily manipulated intimidated by false threats, especially threats that are complete falsehoods.

Back to the main topic at hand: My Cardinals are now 2 games ahead of Milwaukee. The Cardinals and the Pirates play an early afternoon game later today.

This is post for strider:

A day later and I am still waiting for the nonsense about Me sending you vulgar pm's and e-mails. I again urge you to produce and show the people on this Baseball topic and the Moderators themselves what you "claim" I sent you.

You and I know that you cannot and will not because YOU MADE UP YOUR POST (#1201). Your attempt to get ME banned has failed unless you can produce the evidence that you say you still have. That would be the vulgar pms and e-mails I "allegedly" sent you, along with My "cronies". Again, please provide an actual date, time and content of these vulgarities.

I will give you another 24 hours to produce your evidence. If you fail to do so, then I expect a full public confession in this topic that you knowingly and willingly LIED for your own gain (and I would think that would be to disparage ME and slander Me, etc... for whatever gain you thought you could/would achieve).

I think that is only fair. If I accused someone of what I am being accused of and slandered for, I would have evidence to back up My claim(s). However, I am not a malicious or vindictive person. I am nothing like you strider, I do not make up LIES and NONSENSE just to disparage or try to blacklist someone I may not agree with.

I really want you to respond to this post. I am very eager to see or read of these "vulgar" pms I sent you. If I happen to be completely wrong and I did send you what you claim, I would LOVE to see what I sent you because I obviously forgot. Real Proof Please and no BS explanation. I want see and remember a sentence or a paragraph I sent you. Verbatim, please. That means the exact vulgar words I sent you. In a row, in the exact sentence I wrote. Please, I can't wait to read what I NEVER wrote you. Thanks in advance.

Edited to add: Never count out the Saint Louis Cardinals in the month of September. For the past 3 years the Cardinals have seemed to play Their best baseball leading up to the National League Pennant Chase.

GO CARDINALS!!!

P.S. A No Comment is More Incriminating then A Comment.

Edited by kingzoso

This is post for strider:

A day later and I am still waiting for the nonsense about Me sending you vulgar pm's and e-mails.

You know, for the first time in a week I had a day off. Was I going to spend it at the beach or hunched over a computer arguing with you? No contest...the beach won.

Yes, kingzoso aka Izzoso aka Bouillon aka whatever other names you've had here over the years, I know you don't like me. Ever since you and your pals Joel, Del Zeppnile, Brad Hamilton, and whoever else was banned several years ago, you've been convinced that it was me or Knebby or Electrophile who turned you into the mods. Even though I told you I didn't and even invited you to check with any of the mods if I had asked for you to be banned, you and the others still persisted with this obsession that I was pals with the mods and had gotten you all banned.

Your attempt to get ME banned has failed unless you can produce the evidence that you say you still have.

You see, that is a very telling statement on your part, for it shows you're still obsessed with the idea that 1) I want to get you banned; and 2) That I somehow have the power to get you banned.

Neither of which is true.

I don't want you banned. I usually just ignore you and I should have ignored you this last time, only you dragged poor ebk into it and I just couldn't see that happen to her and allowed my emotions to trump common sense.

But this is a baseball thread...and I have well over3,000 messages and e-mails to sort thru. In other words, winning this spat is not important enough to me to derail this thread and spend hours trying to find those messages.

Plus, I made a promise to someone that I would never reveal those e-mails and even though that person is no longer here, keeping my word of honour is more important than this battle.

So I concede...I withdraw everything I said. Call me a lier and every name in the book. Dance on my grave. I don't care. And I don't and never have wanted you banned.

From now on I will just ignore you. I won't give you the oxygen of attention.

I still pick St. Louis to win the NL Central.

Now, back to baseball...

Rick, the Angels lost AGAIN to the Astros! Can you believe it? The way it stands now, I think Baltimore beats the Angels in a 7 game series.

You know, for the first time in a week I had a day off. Was I going to spend it at the beach or hunched over a computer arguing with you? No contest...the beach won.

Yes, kingzoso aka Izzoso aka Bouillon aka whatever other names you've had here over the years, I know you don't like me. Ever since you and your pals Joel, Del Zeppnile, Brad Hamilton, and whoever else was banned several years ago, you've been convinced that it was me or Knebby or Electrophile who turned you into the mods. Even though I told you I didn't and even invited you to check with any of the mods if I had asked for you to be banned, you and the others still persisted with this obsession that I was pals with the mods and had gotten you all banned.

You see, that is a very telling statement on your part, for it shows you're still obsessed with the idea that 1) I want to get you banned; and 2) That I somehow have the power to get you banned.

Neither of which is true.

I don't want you banned. I usually just ignore you and I should have ignored you this last time, only you dragged poor ebk into it and I just couldn't see that happen to her and allowed my emotions to trump common sense.

But this is a baseball thread...and I have well over3,000 messages and e-mails to sort thru. In other words, winning this spat is not important enough to me to derail this thread and spend hours trying to find those messages.

Plus, I made a promise to someone that I would never reveal those e-mails and even though that person is no longer here, keeping my word of honour is more important than this battle.

So I concede...I withdraw everything I said. Call me a lier and every name in the book. Dance on my grave. I don't care. And I don't and never have wanted you banned.

From now on I will just ignore you. I won't give you the oxygen of attention.

I still pick St. Louis to win the NL Central.

Now, back to baseball...

Rick, the Angels lost AGAIN to the Astros! Can you believe it? The way it stands now, I think Baltimore beats the Angels in a 7 game series.

Probably the only way they could meet would be in the ALCS. And I believe that can happen. much may depend on what happens with the Tigers,. And I love Seattle to win that one off wild card game if they can get there. I will be happy to see Pearce back. I still do not get that last trade with Boston. The guy has not played yet. We do not need him. St Louis has a huge series at Milwaukee. Of course its bigger for Milwaukee. The Brewers pretty much need a sweep. Detroit and SF will be very interesting

^^^

That would be something if the AL West sent 3 teams to the playoffs. I don't think anybody expected the division to be that strong...most assumed it would be the AL East with Boston, Baltimore, Tampa and NY duking it out.

I liked Seattle from day one as I picked them in the contest along with Oakland And I knew the Angels had too much talent to repeat last years debacle. I am not surprised. I also picked KC and Detroit. I had to leave someone out. I just did not see Boston crumbling to this degree. And I was just plain stupid to pick Cincy. That is the worst division in baseball, but the Cubs are going to be very good. You just watch out for that team next year. I love them to take that division next year.

No more posts from the King. McDonalds must be open

Edited by LedZeppfan77

^^ Wow, I see what you mean ebk--just checked the scores on ESPN.com, 7-7, I imagine things might be a bit unsettling....

Hardy came through with the bases loaded. Going to bottom of ninth and Zach is in to try and put this away as its 9-7 Orioles. Angels have blown a 4-0 lead. 4-4

And we will catch Striders Angels by the weekend. If they blow this one run lead at Minny we are one back for best record

Now that the schedule-maker has tossed us Minnesota, the Angels might hold off the Orioles a little longer. At least the Angels are thru with the mighty Astros for the time being.

Now that the schedule-maker has tossed us Minnesota, the Angels might hold off the Orioles a little longer. At least the Angels are thru with the mighty Astros for the time being.

I grew up with the Mighty Houston Astros when I was a kid in the mid to late 1970's. I lived in Houston,Texas at that time. I still remember seeing them play when Nolan Ryan and the rest of the long forgotten Astros were a Great team. A great team that never made it to the World Series.

Tigers take 3 of 4 from Cleveland....just what we needed. V-Mart gets offensive player of the month for August and is closing in on the AL batting title lead. I'd like to see that happen.

But nobody will catch my boy Cruz in HRs. And your boys have a huge couple of series coming up with San Fran and KC

But nobody will catch my boy Cruz in HRs. And your boys have a huge couple of series coming up with San Fran and KC

Don't I know it ! Looking forward to every series. I will never let myself forget the many years of meaningless Fall baseball in this town.

I remember at the beginning of the year when all the experts thought Nelson would be the worst signing for any team in the majors to make. Got to give the Orioles credit for taking the chance, but I bet even their management is shockingly pleased at how well things turned out for him.