2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

Yes, the Mets put the broom to the D-Backs, but we have the big, bad Braves coming up. Depending on what they do against the Phils, this could be a big series for New York, to see if they are contenders or pretenders. I'm not holding out much hope...

Biggest win in a long time. The series. I cannot believe fucking Miami. They cant lose and then Fernandez just let Wash tie them at 3-3 after it was 3-0. I have them with Seattle (up 2-0 with King Felix) and KC. I hope Miami does not blow this game. Tomorrow,I feel pretty good sending Tillman. He had the misfortune of losing that one game despite pitching a 3 hitter. The O's have since found their bats a bit.

Holy crap!

Fucking done in again by your damn Mets and Fernandez blows a 3-0 lead. At least I had my O's and they swept Tampa. Waiting for Boston's bitch ass's to come back from the Windy city. They have to face Sale today and Tillman tomorrow. Ha. Yankees go to Tampa and they are going to find Tampa in a foul mood. Nice to see our starters coming around. Solid game by Miguel Gonzalez. I am anxious to hear how Manny Machado made out with his base running? I cant wait until he is back.

^^ Well, to be fair, King Felix didn't blow that 2 run lead, it was a collective effort by the closer & a real bonehead play at 2nd base.

Watching the Tigers/Indians game right now....

Oh, thats right. Thanks for the reminder. I have the MLB package so I can get all the afternoon games. My boys are in beantown waiting for the Red Sox. I think they are going down to Sale tonight. Sale is pitching great. And so is Tillman. I think Dickey and Toronto are playing at the Twinkies this afternoon too? So much for Milwaukee rolling over vs the Cardinals. Where is that Cards guy? His trash talking has died down a bit. LOL

I'm guessing it's too late to change my AL Cy Young pick from Verlander to King Felix, lol... :wacko:

Well thank God you did not take Dickey. He got his ass lit up, I am pretty shocked by the Twins. I have always respected King Felix. Seattle scored 6 runs top of 3rd. 6-6 last check. Mariners coming through for me so far. If you go to MLB.com they have that Streak contest again this year. Its fun. You have to pick a bunch of days in advance so you do not forget. You can double down too. Pick two guys in one day. . You have to pick a guy to get a hit, any type of hit to keep your streak alive

That Cy Young award Dickey won must seem like it happened a lifetime ago. I'm sure there have been many instances of pitchers who have one or two great years then fall off the cliff, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. Rick, you've been watching big league ball for a lot more years than me, I'm sure you can think of a few.

Now, that I think about it, Eric Gagne is one who comes to mind....

Orioles beat Boston 8-4 behind Tillman. Love it!!!!!

Yankees getting murdered. Pitcher just hit last two batters

Tillman had a tough time there. He barely made it through the 5th. But...we win!!

Tillman had a tough time there. He barely made it through the 5th. But...we win!!

Yes we win. And Tillman is going to be fine this season. Miguel and Chen are pitching better and now we see what Norris can do. I suspect Gausman will be up later. The Yankees pitching, or lack of depth in relief was exposed big time last night. Girardi was going back and forth with what to do. I would have just took the shallacking and left Kelly in the BP. What does it matter if you lose 11-5 or 15-5? Save your pitcher. He chose not to. He may pay the price again today. Life after Mariano. Pretty nice for us non Yankee fans. Now lets go in there and hit a few off the green monster.

Archived