2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

Hey Rick....how's the reception for Cruz been down in Baltimore?

You will have to ask EBK that as she is a home towner. I live in upstate NY even though I am a life long Orioles fan. You must remember I watched guys like Ripken, Baylor, Grich, etc play here in the minors before they went up. Baltimore fan since 1969 but I do not live there. From what I have seen on TV so far so good. Some of the other guys have to find their bats but its only two games. I hope Davis and Jones stop swinging at these low pitches out of the strike zone. If their coach's have learned anything that is something they should have stressed. I am not a big fan of giving Jiminez the nod over guys like Gonzalez and Chen who have been there. But they have confidence in him. He gave up two HR's. Game killers. I am hoping Miguel has a big year and I think Gausman will be far better than advertized

Looking at the boxscore, it appears as if Zach Wheeler had a decent day until the bullpen guys came in & threw gasoline on the mound. And speaking of relief issues, it looks like Jim Johnson is having some for Oakland. How Rick and ebk must be glad to be rid of that headache...

Btw, are the Astros really going to sweep the Yankees tonight. I know it's way too early to call something like that devastating but this is a Yankees team people had contending this year. But as always, we go to that tried and true mantra: "It's EARLY!"

Looks like weather might be an issue with today's Orioles/Tigers tilt, as if facing Anibal Sanchez wasn't challenge enough...

Its cold and drizzling and Miguel Gonzalez has blown a 2-0 lead and hit two batters. He hit 3 in all of last year. Wild pitch with bases loaded gave them a 3-2 lead, current score, and then he got Cabrera to fly out somehow. He has best get better or Buck needs to yank his ass. Its a short lineup with Machado, Hardy and Wieters all not playing

Just thew out that bitch ass trying to extend a single into a double.

^^ The Sawx got their World Series rings today, so jb picked a good game to go to.

This looks like it could be a pretty lengthy rain delay in Detroit. Haven't been counting the minutes but I am wondering if Sanchez will be able to go back out & pitch. He was in a bit of a groove after a rough beginning...

That rain delay certainly didn't hurt the Tigers bats....

Or the shitty day Miguel had pitching either. There is no way we are going to be competitive with Wieters, Hardy and Machado all out. We will likely have Hardy back today and Wieters is a certainty as he was simply rested, but Machado will be a sight for sore eyes. I have no idea how he is doing? I hope his return is very soon. I would guess within two weeks. Davis is hitting at least. No homers yet but him and Jones have shown more patience with those low outside pitches. Jones especially. I am hoping we get to them today and pay them back. Its very early but we do not want to keep this up. I see Milwaukee ruined Boston's home opener. The Yankees will not be playing Houston and Toronto forever either. Lets see how Strasburg does today. Vs those pesky and always good Braves

Exactly, we're not even past the first week of APRIL!

It's NEVER too early for the Angels to suck ass and be in last place in the division while Scioscia twiddles his thumbs with a befuddled look on his fat face.

Rick, I wouldn't be too disheartened about yesterday; after all you are playing arguably the best team in baseball, and I say that with all due respect to the Boston Red Sox.

As for the Angels, at least they beat the Astros last night & beat 'em soundly. But if the Angels have another subpar April I have to wonder yet again about Mike Scioscia who seems to be bulletproof as far as "Firing" goes. I have to think the goodwill Scioscia has in Anaheim has to run out at some point....

Well, I can talk about it now, good pitcher's duel going on in Oakland, King Felix going for Seattle. Was perfect for about 3 and 2/3, but Seattle busted that up.

O's off to a rough start, but that's one hell of a schedule right out of the gate; the Sawx and the Tigers. Don't know if things will get any easier when Baltimore plays the Yanks....

Damn... the O's suck.

I'm trying to take comfort in being able to go back to the old phrases from a few years ago. It's not working.

Its only 4 games in. We almost rallied in the 9th. When we have all our players, Machado back especially we will get it going. Tillman vs Verlander tomorrow. We need this one. I expect Tillman to be good. We have to get a couple on Verlander. I am not going to give up on them after 4 games. And 3 of the loss's were not only tough but we were short manned. Two weeks from now you will change your tune

Look at the trouble Boston is having with Milwaukee. The Yankees got a gift of a schedule and cannot score. So you cannot write us off after 4 games

Giants pound the Dodgers again, making all of us who picked Dodger Blue in the West look real smart. :rolleyes:

Braves apparently own the Nationals all over again. But as always, it's early, so maybe all the people who picked Washington to win the NL East will still be proven right.

And just one reason why baseball is the greatest game in the world:

Giants pound the Dodgers again, making all of us who picked Dodger Blue in the West look real smart. :rolleyes:

Braves apparently own the Nationals all over again. But as always, it's early, so maybe all the people who picked Washington to win the NL East will still be proven right.

And just one reason why baseball is the greatest game in the world:

Paul. ITS EARLY. Do you think the Dodgers are going to fold their tents? Or my birds? Tillman is mowing them down. Now we need to hit Verlander. Did anyone see Milwaukee going into Boston and winning the first two? Hell no. Hurry back Machado

Damn. Hardy is out AGAIN

Archived