2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

I'm surprised at how many are picking the Nats in the NL East again? Maybe they think last year was an anomaly & the Braves have had some key injuries to their rotation.

And Dillon Gee as the Mets opening day starter doesn't exactly inspire confidence in me. Fat ass Colon doesn't take the bump til Wednesday...

:hysterical: And don't forget our boy Fielder. I think its that Davy Johnson magic? Strasburg should have a big year? We know Atlanta will be right there, as they always are. When are the Cubs going to break through? I really wish they would.

Strange opener for the Yankees. Down in Houston. My boys have to go with Boston right out of the gates. I hope Tillman is on

Chris Tillman. The clone of Jim Palmer? Last year they did a video comparison of Palmer and Tillman and it was absolutely incredible how much Tillman resembles Jim. The delivery is almost identical. Maybe Palmer had a bit more smoke. But Tillman is young. He has what it takes to be a great pitcher. So yours truly will pick him to win 20 plus and one Cy Young. And if good pitching is contagious, expect big years from Gonzalez and Jiminez and Gausman and Chen.

Gee pitches a hell of a ballgame and of course, the bullpen guys come in & can't throw a damn strike. To be a Mets fan... smiley-sad006.gif

It's gotta be rough...like being an Angel fan. But still not as dire as being a Cubbie.

Oh my goodness, poor Don Baylor and everyone who had to witness that freak accident last night. I heard some descriptions but chose not to watch the video.

My "Captain Obvious" comment of the day for the fans whose team lost yesterday (like mine) - the beauty of the pro baseball schedule is that you don't have much time to cry in your beer.

Freaking comical...same old Angels. It's gonna be a long season, oy vey! But that one game last night pretty much encapsulates the Angels.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79784268/

I bet an opening day parlay of the Orioles and Seattle. Went to bed thinking Seattle was dead. 3-1 Angels in the 5th. Woke up to a very nice surprise, a 10-3 comeback win. Seattle is my "most improved team". We will see. Tommy Hunter came through, getting big Poppie to fly out. He was my main concern in the 9th

Crap. As if the Mets needed more bullpen issues, now Bobby Parnell looks to be headed to the DL and the Mets might have to try out the Tigers castoff "Papa Grande" as their closer. We're in for a world of hurt...

:ahhh:

It does not look good. How about opening day for the Marlins and Fernandez. And the Phillies put up two TD's.

^^ Yeah, your NL Cy Young pick looks good so far & the Phillies and Rangers apparently have no idea what "pitching" is. Wonder if any shenanigans will go down in tonight's Dodgers/Padres game....

My money is on the Dodgers to pound them with Greinke going. We shall see. Lets see if Oakland can get their bats going? Watch out for those Mariners this year

Who can figure this game out; Astros pound the Yankees.

Bartolo Colon for the Mets today; who knows how that will go...

I took the Nats and laid a run. I say its going to be a long year for the Yankees. And I am hoping Jiminez comes out with some good stuff tonight. Get better fast Manny.

It sucks Kershaw is out a month. I do not think it will hurt the Dodgers too much looking at the big picture.

I took the Nats and laid a run. I say its going to be a long year for the Yankees. And I am hoping Jiminez comes out with some good stuff tonight. Get better fast Manny.

It sucks Kershaw is out a month. I do not think it will hurt the Dodgers too much looking at the big picture.

Not just Kershaw, Rick Olé, but Brian Wilson joins him on the DL.

Killing time before work watching KC @ Detroit...Scherzer dealing on the mound for the Tigers.

Not just Kershaw, Rick Olé, but Brian Wilson joins him on the DL.

Killing time before work watching KC @ Detroit...Scherzer dealing on the mound for the Tigers.

I have the baseball package as I assume you do? I was watching the Twins just take a 5-3 lead over the Chisox. Aside from my regular wagers i put a small parlay on Minny, the Cubs and Rockies. A long shot parlay. Hey, the Cubs are not going to lose 162 games. Ha. I just have a feeling they may win tonight. I am hoping Jiminez opens with a good showing for the O's. The Tigers still have a hell of a starting rotation. Gee, I hope your Angels are not going to be as bad as their first two. Even though it was against my surprise team the Mariners. I think I am the only one that has Seattle getting to the playoffs? But I have to see. If I was a Yankees fan, I would be mighty damn worried. They may need to borrow my walker at 2nd and short between Jeter and Roberts. And I know Jeter is going to be celebrated everywhere he goes. But how about a little repect for Konerko also. He is retiring and has had one heck of a career for the White Sox

Archived