2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

Paul. ITS EARLY. Do you think the Dodgers are going to fold their tents? Or my birds? Tillman is mowing them down. Now we need to hit Verlander. Did anyone see Milwaukee going into Boston and winning the first two? Hell no. Hurry back Machado

No, the Dodgers are not going to fold their tents, but those Giants are pesky. Maybe as pesky as the Cardinals. Speaking of the West, do the D-backs qualify as baseball's biggest disappointment so far in this "early" season?

Don't know what's going on with the O's, but as I've said before, you have a bitch of a schedule to deal with; right now I'm watching my Mets own the Reds.

^^ I'm catching bits and pieces of the Heat game, but as far as the NBA is concerned, I feel like I'm biding my time til the playoffs come.

And for something MLB related, if only the Angels could play the Astros for 157 more games....

Astros up 3-0. My birds up 2-1 heading to the bottom of the 8th. 4 hitter for Tillman. We need this one. 6 outs to go.

HR for Wieters. 3-1 Orioles and Tillman takes a 4 hitter to the 9th. No way do I take him out. let him pitch the whole game. But I know damn well they will go with Hunter. I hate this new mentality that a gy cannot pitch a complete game. Huge game for us. I hope whoever comes through and shuts the door on these fuckers

Congrats Rick and your old adage about how tough it is to sweep a series seems to be coming through today. Mets just went down & I see the Astros are beating the Angels, Nats over Braves.

And on the flipside, it looks like the Brewers will sweep the Sawx. Who had that result before that series started... :wacko:

Congrats Rick and your old adage about how tough it is to sweep a series seems to be coming through today. Mets just went down & I see the Astros are beating the Angels, Nats over Braves.

And on the flipside, it looks like the Brewers will sweep the Sawx. Who had that result before that series started... :wacko:

It looks like the Brewers are going to do the unthinkable. I guess Boston has crashed down to Earth. Still doubting us EBK? Its a long season And we started with a tough schedule. On to NY. Keep our heads above water until Manny returns. Alot of strange games going on. Astros might be for real?

The tough to beat a team 3 straight times adage seems to be going on with the Phillies/Cubs series as well. Brewers are about to shake up the world, but I still see Boston as one of the top teams in the AL. They just had one of those hiccups all teams are prone to over the course of 162 games.

It looks like the Brewers are going to do the unthinkable. I guess Boston has crashed down to Earth. Still doubting us EBK? Its a long season And we started with a tough schedule. On to NY. Keep our heads above water until Manny returns. Alot of strange games going on. Astros might be for real?

You need to remember to take everything I say here with a grain of salt... ;)

We're not even into double digit dates in April. We'll be fine.

You need to remember to take everything I say here with a grain of salt... ;)

We're not even into double digit dates in April. We'll be fine.

Now you are seeing the light EBK. I will not have you giving up on us so soon. Look at Boston. Swept my Milsquakee. Love it. Now we go to play the Yankees. I am sorry. I am not afraid. Not of these Yankees. They do not have Detroit's caliber pitching or Boston's caliber hitting. Paul, those Mariners are going to he hell all year. I am a bit shocked Cleveland got whacked again. By the Twinkies. I need the Dodgers tonight. Have them with with Arizona who is lookin good. Our O's will be fine EBK. But we cannot get Manny back soon enough. Cruz is going to be a huge help

Pirates beat the Cards 2 out of 3... :yes2: If today's pattern holds up, the Giants won't be able to complete the sweep of the Dodgers. With Greinke on the mound, LA might be a good bet, although Matt Cain pitching for the Giants is no pushover.

Red Sox will be fine, although I get the feeling some are panicking already. John Farrell still knows how to manage, still got 156 more to play...

Pirates beat the Cards 2 out of 3... :yes2: If today's pattern holds up, the Giants won't be able to complete the sweep of the Dodgers. With Greinke on the mound, LA might be a good bet, although Matt Cain pitching for the Giants is no pushover.

Red Sox will be fine, although I get the feeling some are panicking already. John Farrell still knows how to manage, still got 156 more to play...

And I hope he loses 156 of them. LOL

I guess you better hope the Dodgers still have some hits in their lineup minus Puig. Matt Cain might be a tough one to navigate though. Greinke looked great in the top of the 1st...

I think the Dodgers will win tonight. I still think Arizona is the second best team in the division.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em. Matt Kemp smokes 2 Matt Cain pitches over the seats & the way Greinke is throwing, 4 runs is plenty....

smiley-whacky069.gif

Well the Dodgers prove they can win without Puig. Greinke is their ace until Kershaw returns. They may not have the cake walk that most experts predicted but you still have to like them to win the West. I believe Arizona is a good team. I have them as one of my wild cards in the NL. I am hoping this Jiminez pitches well for us at some point. one site I go to likes the Yankees today because they say Kuroda is better in April than Jiminez. But I believe the Orioles have a far better lineup all the way through. Of course that is with Hardy. Machado will not be back as fast as I would like I am sure. but we need Hardy to be ok and I hope he can go today. If he had a pulled muscle he may need more time? We wont see Sabathia and they wont see Tillman. We need to out hit them. Very short list of games today and no NBA. Why? For this lousy stinking NCAA final?

^^ Heh, I'm very intrigued by this Texas/Boston series. I still think Boston is the favorite in the East, will be interesting to see if they bounce back today vs. Tanner Scheppers who got bludgeoned his first start of the season.

Ubaldo Jimenez will hopefully earn some of his contract today, I just hope I can find the Baltimore feed of the game online, lest I have to deal with the damn YES Network announcers. smiley-shocked001.gif

^^ Heh, I'm very intrigued by this Texas/Boston series. I still think Boston is the favorite in the East, will be interesting to see if they bounce back today vs. Tanner Scheppers who got bludgeoned his first start of the season.

Ubaldo Jimenez will hopefully earn some of his contract today, I just hope I can find the Baltimore feed of the game online, lest I have to deal with the damn YES Network announcers. smiley-shocked001.gif

Maybe Milwaukee exposed them? Or maybe Milwaukee has something none of us saw? Maybe they are going to be the huge surprise team? Too soon to say but it was a shocking outcome to a series. I have no idea where we got this Schoop guy? And I see some new faces I do not know. A new backup catcher for Wieters. I would expect a slugfest in Boston today. Could be one of those 13-12 games.

Archived