2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

Haven't seen any highlights, but judging from the boxscore, same old problems for the O's; no hitting and not great starting pitching...

Getting ready to settle in to the Mets/Angels, who knows how that will go. Colon will be pumping fastballs, hopefully he hits his spots....

^^ Yes, thank Bartolo Colon for throwing those straight-as-an-arrow fastballs right down the middle of the plate and given the state of the Mets bullpen, fatass had to stay in the game & wear that ass whoopin'.

Hopefully, Zach Wheeler will have a better showing tonight, although he's pitching in a bandbox in Arizona, so it could be another long night....

:unsure:

^^ Well, if there is an upside for the Sawx, it's that you're only 2 games back with plenty of baseball left to be played. I like to think the Sox will turn it on at some point, just like I think the Brewers are not as good as their record says they are. Time will tell...

^^ Heh, the only intrigue with this O's game was whether or not Chen was going to throw a no-no. Not tonight, just hope the birds can take advantage of this offensive output tonight.

Yes I hope they can keep it going. I see your Mets put it to me. Unreal how bad Arizona has started. I did not see Milwaukee coming and I did not think Arizona would be in this much trouble so early. I may have made a fatal error picking Arizona and KC to get in. But maybe Boston is in for a long year? i hope so

I still think the Brewers are due for a bad stretch and this series with the Cards may be it. And I still think the Red Sox will turn it around, their situation is hardly as dire as say the D-Backs. I knew the NL West would be tough, but for Arizona to be this far back already is a bit shocking....

I still think the Brewers are due for a bad stretch and this series with the Cards may be it. And I still think the Red Sox will turn it around, their situation is hardly as dire as say the D-Backs. I knew the NL West would be tough, but for Arizona to be this far back already is a bit shocking....

I heard there are problems with Pedroia being hurt. If they lose him it will be bad news for them. I am not so certain they will turn it around. Their pitching is suspect.

My pitching staff is coming around. Our bats are coming to life. O's up 3-0 in bottom of 6th. Miguel pitched very well. Tomorrow the Red Sox will face Tillman. I see the Yankees have an off day with a two bagger against the Scrubs. It will all even out. I hope. They will probably send us to the Dodgers. Rise you O's!!!!!!! Rise!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3-0 O's in the 7th. Hey EBK, if you read this, do you know what happened to Gausman? He was really doing well and I have not seen him? I am going to look and see if he was traded? And how is Bundy doing? Will he get a call up?

Disregard. I found him. IN AAA. Britton is now in and they are loaded. Should have left Miguel in. We need a double play

Yu Darvish and King Felix tonight; something tells me this matchup will not live up to any of the hype it might get. It might even be an all out flop like last year's Yu Darvish/Justin Verlander game....

I like King Felix to win that one and Fernandez to win for Miami. I am dumbfounded by your Mets Paul. Shocked. And they did me in on two 3 teamers also. They may be coming around. And I cannot believe Arizona. Never saw this coming. I knew losing Corbin would hurt but God. Congrats to your Mets. Maybe you will have something to cheer for this year. Can they stay in the race? I still think Atlanta and Wash are the cream of the crop in the NL EASt. But who knows. Nice win today for my boy Miguel Gonzalez and our staff is coming around. Manny Machado was to run the bases today after another day of running a couple of hundred yard dashes. Our D is still playing well. On to Boston and Tillman will lead things off.

Archived