2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

OK, I'll bite....

First, you have said a number of times after work you sit down, drink Budweisers, smoke Marlboros, and surf this website. That was your self-proclamation. Given the time and content of your nonsensical post, it is not much of a stretch to say you'd been drinking.

As far as stirring up sh!t goes, you've been called out on a number of times, in a number of threads, by a number of different members, that you come in and just keep repeating yourself, hoping to incite some form of reaction to your pointless posts and horrific language arts skills.

As for your personal attack against me, you seem like such a lonely individual, there is not much I could say to put you down any lower than you already appear to be.

Back to baseball (one word)......

First game of the season yesterday. Weather was glorious. The game, otoh... the Tigers killed the Nats in a 3 1/2 hour slugfest. What a snooze. Ah well...

No game today, but we're sooooo looking forward to dinner at Bern's tonight!!

First game of the season yesterday. Weather was glorious. The game, otoh... the Tigers killed the Nats in a 3 1/2 hour slugfest. What a snooze. Ah well...

No game today, but we're sooooo looking forward to dinner at Bern's tonight!!

Enjoy, ebk! Today should be even better weather than yesterday! My son is going with his grandfather to see the Cards take on the Braves at LBV. His grandfather knows many in the Cardinals organization and they are guests of the head of the umpires union, so they are gonna get to go on the field, in the instant replay area, etc. Last week we went to the Yanks/Astros game in Kissimmee and had 3rd row seats behind home plate. The kid is getting a good start to the season, that's for sure! ;)

Hope you have an awesome dinner tonight at Bern's! I still haven't gotten over there to enjoy that legendary place, but its on my list to take Mrs. Walter, after we get past this "life bump". :)

Sounds like the snoozefest was worth it for the weather alone. Will you get to see any Os games?

Hope you have an awesome dinner tonight at Bern's! I still haven't gotten over there to enjoy that legendary place, but its on my list to take Mrs. Walter, after we get past this "life bump". :)

Imagine how sweet that dinner will be when it happens? Hope it is soon.

Less than three weeks to freezing my butt in Fenway. Yahooooooo!

jb126, we're seeing the O's vs Jays at Dunedin tomorrow afternoon and O's vs Twins Monday evening at Sarasota. So we managed "home" teams for all three games this year.

Walter, to echo jb126, hope you and Mrs. Walter get to Bern's real soon! It's an annual ritual for us. Hope it becomes one for the two of you!!

ebk.....you got out of DC just in time, it was COLD Thursday morning! .......knock on wood for Cruz whenever he rounds first and makes his way to second , he's good for at least 1 hamstring injury per season.

ebk.....you got out of DC just in time, it was COLD Thursday morning! .......knock on wood for Cruz whenever he rounds first and makes his way to second , he's good for at least 1 hamstring injury per season.

And it's gonna snow Sunday into Monday. So sorry I'm missing that...not :)

As long as it's only one injury a season, we're good

• 2 weeks later...

Only 4 days 'til the unofficial or is it the official opening night of the season? Whatever the hell it is, I look forward to it...

Darvish will start the season on the DL. ...... we have no rotation down here. Going to have to slug our way to first place while Darvish,Lewis, Harrison get ready.

I see Miggy Cabrera got a big contract extension today. You never know how these deals will work out; Miggy is the best player in the world right now, but it doesn't seem that long ago when many were lauding Albert Pujols as the best hitter in baseball and look how far south his career has gone seem coming to Anaheim. Hmmm....

I guess if Cabrera continues to hit 40+ bombs and drives in 130 every year, the contract will be justified. But you never know how long it will be before that great hitting prowess deteriorates. As I mentioned before, Albert Pujols. Who knows if he will ever regain the stroke he had in St. Louis....

I don't know if this makes Walter feel any better, but I see a lot of the talking heads on MLB Network are picking the Yanks to make the postseason either as the division winner or a Wild Card...

I see them picked second last. CBS has Baltimore winning the East. So I have a question for you all. Do you believe its very tough to beat any team in their park in their home opener regardless of who is pitching? I used to believe this pretty strongly. Not sure if its as solid as in the old days. But it has always been a bit of an edge, being the home opener IMO

Is the MLB Extra Innings package doing the "free week" preview like they did last year or will I have to go online to watch the Mets?

Unsure Paul. I think it would have happened already? Many opinions out there. So far Walter is the only one I have seen picking the Yankees to make it. If they don't it will just break my heart. :heartbreaker: Go O's!!!!!

I'm surprised at how many are picking the Nats in the NL East again? Maybe they think last year was an anomaly & the Braves have had some key injuries to their rotation.

And Dillon Gee as the Mets opening day starter doesn't exactly inspire confidence in me. Fat ass Colon doesn't take the bump til Wednesday...

Archived