2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

Damn those Dodgers. Losing to Philly I would have cleaned up if not for them. I still did well as the O's crushed Toronto. Our bats are coming to life. I am hoping Jiminez finishes the job tonight. With more run support he should. Time to go on a streak. A bit surprised by Boston and Yankees result. Something is not right with Boston as a friend of mine said that is a fan. And its nice to see the lack of pitching in Tampa

Orioles get a double play with the bases loaded in the 9th. Cruz hits a grand slam and we beat them 10-8. I took Wash on a parlay and cannot believe how I got it. Strider must be sick. 4 runs in the bottom of the 9th beat the Angels. Ouch. I need Greinke and the Dodgers to cash out two 3 teamers. Watch the Phillies burn me

And I had Arizona and got a miracle in that game too

Glad to see Nelly making a difference up there.

Texas sweeps the A's. Still think Oakland will rise to the top in that division, but I think they have some issues as far as closing out games is concerned....

It's like baseball Christmas down here. With everyone on the DL nobody thought we'd be in or a game out of first. The best we could hope for is to play 500 ball. Wash gets a lot of props in my book keeping the Rangers on a winning track. Now to take the next 2 up in Seattle, then we have the A's again Monday in Arlington.

Well, Dillon Gee has been breezing along for 5 good innings; so if the pattern for the Mets starters is true to form, he'll get his ass lit up in the top of the 6th. We shall see....

Btw, zepscoda, what is the deal with your Rangers and how they have King Felix's number. I think Hernandez is 0 for his last 7 vs. Texas...

Edited by paul carruthers

Starting this Friday in Minnesota we will have our team back. Manny Machado is slated to play Friday. He opened up 4 for 8 in the minors with several extra base hits. He is right on course. So Tillman goes against the Pirates tomorrow and we have to wait until Friday to get our team back. We sit at 500 and right in the race early so when Manny is back we are suddenly a far better team. Davis is having an MRI but they do not suspect its any big deal. I cant stand it when they rest Wieters. Its a big price to pay going from Wieters to Clevenger. I cant wait to get a bench seat for him and possibly Flaherty. Is it worth having Flaherty in just for defense like we did with Mark Belanger for years? Lombardozzi is ok but not as good defensively as Flaherty. Schoop, Devon Young and Lough have all been good additions. But Cruz is the huge addition. We need to solve our rotation. Tillman and Chen are fine and solid. Gonzalez is up and down. I say Britton is moved up to starting role very soon and Gausman will be called up. I do not know the situation on Bundy. But he could sure help if he pans out. So I just read Davis is out until at least May 11th. Maybe they can teach him to stop swinging at garbage in the dirt. I do not think Davis being out is a killer. You may think that is crazy but getting Machado back is far bigger.

I think the Brewers are going to be around. They are going to be last years Pirates. I cannot believe Arizona is this bad. What a mistake that was picking them. I still believe Seatte will make a run. No regrets there.

Yeah, the Brewers might be alright, if Braun doesn't whack anymore of his teammates with a bat.

My NL Central pick of the Pirates is looking real good right now. :rolleyes: I can only imagine how many points I've lost in the MLB contest...

Welcome to the party pal. I was just looking over the International league scores going back two weeks. Norfolk in particular. I could give a rats ass about the home town Red Wings. I see Gausman got lit up like a Xmas tree vs Gwinett? Where in hell's creation is that? McFarland pitched great. So I think he is closer to a recall. Bundy is not on the roster nor Machado which means they are in AA. Why do they rehab a guy like Machado in AA rather than AAA? I do not get it.

Welcome to the party pal. I was just looking over the International league scores going back two weeks. Norfolk in particular. I could give a rats ass about the home town Red Wings. I see Gausman got lit up like a Xmas tree vs Gwinett? Where in hell's creation is that? McFarland pitched great. So I think he is closer to a recall. Bundy is not on the roster nor Machado which means they are in AA. Why do they rehab a guy like Machado in AA rather than AAA? I do not get it.

They rehab him in AA because it's only about 40 miles from Baltimore. Instead of 3-4 hours to Norfolk.

What is wrong with Davis other than the fact he is STILL swinging at garbage in the dirt? Man up and get out there. Was it the ball that hit him? Cruz looks like he could care less when he is playing and he has been a gift from above. I can't wait to see Manny back. then our infield is once again the best in baseball. Him and Hardy are great. Davis too. But are we better with Lombardozzi or Flaherty at second? Lombardozzi has a better bat but not by much. Maybe Schoop can be used there because he has power?

Isnt it something how often and effective the shift is? And I heard the stats the other day. In the 70's the percentage of a starter finishing a game was like 30-40 percent higher than now. In the future they think a 12 man rotation per game may be needed and used. If a ;pitcher is going good, I am for leaving him in if you are up by more than a run especially. Give him a shot to finish if he is on. Why take a chance of a cold pitcher coming in and losing you the game.

I was just looking at the standings, Yanks in first, who knew? Apparently not me. Twins in 2nd place in the Central, Texas and Oakland tied in the West, while Seattle to my non-surprise continues to underachieve.

Mets in 2nd place, might they be able to compete for a Wild Card in what looks to be a weak National League this year. I can only hope....

I was just looking at the standings, Yanks in first, who knew? Apparently not me. Twins in 2nd place in the Central, Texas and Oakland tied in the West, while Seattle to my non-surprise continues to underachieve.

Mets in 2nd place, might they be able to compete for a Wild Card in what looks to be a weak National League this year. I can only hope....

I would not put much stock in the standings in April . Not at all. I know for a fact we are going to be a far better team with Machado. The Yankees might be in first now, but my money says it wont last. When they get beat they get beat but good. And that is due to their middle relief. And no more Mariano. The West is going to be a race too. As for the NL I think Milwaukee will hang around. The Dodgers should be the team out West and nobody is really arguing it. But the East to me is still Wash and Atlanta. Philly, Mets and Miami are all hanging on for now. If anyone has news on Davis please let me know. I heard it was not major. Manny back in Minnesota Friday is the word. Him and Hardy on the left side are a machine in the infield

Well, Dillon Gee has been breezing along for 5 good innings; so if the pattern for the Mets starters is true to form, he'll get his ass lit up in the top of the 6th. We shall see....

Btw, zepscoda, what is the deal with your Rangers and how they have King Felix's number. I think Hernandez is 0 for his last 7 vs. Texas...

Its strange how they have his number.

Rick's pick for the NL Cy Young continues to look good as the Braves take what seems like for them, a rare ass whoopin'. Usually it's the Braves who are beating somebody down. Not tonight....

And if we ever play again Tillman can get to 4-1. Hey EBK, is it raining pitchforks down yonder? Damn

And if we ever play again Tillman can get to 4-1. Hey EBK, is it raining pitchforks down yonder? Damn

I think I'm gonna have to canoe home... :) Doubt there will be baseball tonight here.