2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

10 game losing streaks must be catching on. The Rays are really going south--so far south, their may be no way to dig themselves out of this hole.

And I wonder how Detroit will do in their series vs. the Sawx. It wasn't that long ago I thought the Tigers were going to run away and hide with the Central division, but the White Sox are creeping up on them.

As for the NL Central, Brewers still hanging on to the top spot. Cards 5 games back, but 5 games is nothing at this point in the season.

With all the money they spent, will the Dodgers feel good about sneaking into the postseason as a Wild Card, possibly looking at being "one and done" if they get in that way? I guess money can't always buy a pennant....

Well like you just said, 5 games is not much at this point and that is very true. We have some huge games coming up. Oakland is coming in. Gary Thorne said we are up against it tonight due to travel and rest. I am hoping Chen pitches great. Lance Lynn might be what it takes for the Cardinals to go into Toronto and win. My money says Seattle will beat Tampa. I do not see what has changed. Seattle has played well and look who else is starting to win, yes the Arizona team that I thought would have a much better record. Huge sweep they just pulled off. I would expect the Dodgers to go into Colorado tonight and win. Ill be shocked if they dont. I hope we can hit at home like we did on the road. Go O's

Stealing home? Really?? You thought that was going to work???

Sigh...

Yeah with Cruz? But I still say Marakis was safe. His hand touched the plate before the tag. Robbed of victory. And then Hardy seals the deal with another stinker. He muffs another ball and then he strikes out trying to avoid being shelled. I would put Flaherty in tomorrow. We cant afford this shit. Pissed

Yeah with Cruz? But I still say Marakis was safe. His hand touched the plate before the tag. Robbed of victory. And then Hardy seals the deal with another stinker. He muffs another ball and then he strikes out trying to avoid being shelled. I would put Flaherty in tomorrow. We cant afford this shit. Pissed

They'd better win tomorrow. I'll be there...it's Manny Machado bobblehead night!

Trying to steal home, that was bizarre. I'm just wondering if there are going to be any shenanigans in today's game--I have to think someone from Baltimore is getting drilled at some point for payback for Josh Donaldson getting hit.

The biggest concern for us it Gausman and how he will pitch. If he is on, he should be able to hold down a spot. These two backup catchers, Joseph has been exceptional. He got the night off. I assure you he plays tonight. His defense has been great. Would be nice to get Wieters back and its a real mystery to me. So much of the St Louis Cardinals. This is not their year. No help from them even with Lynn going.

Can we just hand the NL West crown to the Giants now? My goodness, 8.5 games up--I know it's only June but it's hard for me to imagine the Dodgers overcoming that deficit.

As for the Cardinals, I wouldn't throw dirt on them just yet. As I've said before, the Cardinals are hard to kill....

Can we just hand the NL West crown to the Giants now? My goodness, 8.5 games up--I know it's only June but it's hard for me to imagine the Dodgers overcoming that deficit.

As for the Cardinals, I wouldn't throw dirt on them just yet. As I've said before, the Cardinals are hard to kill....

Sale is pitching for the White Sox today. And the Cubs send Samardzija. Parlay

I hope they release Jiminez today and hope Santana is working out. Gausman is here to stay. Jiminez stuck it up our ass's but good. He walks the bases loaded and then gives up a grand slam. I do not know why Buck left him in. Dumb. Toronto getting beat good too. I hope this fucker never pitches another game for us

The TIgers were just going through a bad streak. All their starters were pitching waist high and getting nailed except for Sanchez, and he can't get any luck. Our rookie 3rd baseman Nick Castellanos is starting to hit quite well, V-Mart is on fire, and Miggy seems back to his old self. We sure miss Eglasias at Shortstop though. We've also got some holes in the bullpen again, and I'm not sold on the new manager either, but I think we'll be fine as the season wears on. Heck, we went 4-14 and only lost 2 games in the standings. We've sure got Boston's number though. The Blue Jays looked for real to me. A nicely balanced lineup and some good pitching will take you far.

Edited by Bong-Man

I see King Felix pitched one hell of a ballgame today but didn't get a W. Apparently, no runs were scored when he left the contest.

The Blue Jays finally lose, for all the good it does the rest of the AL East. Baltimore got taken to the proverbial "woodshed" by the A's (ouch).

I see King Felix pitched one hell of a ballgame today but didn't get a W. Apparently, no runs were scored when he left the contest.

The Blue Jays finally lose, for all the good it does the rest of the AL East. Baltimore got taken to the proverbial "woodshed" by the A's (ouch).

I'm glad I exchanged my tickets for today for the game last night....

I'm glad I exchanged my tickets for today for the game last night....

I have seen enough of Jiminez. Gausted is in the rotation to stay as Buck said if he pitched well he gets his shot. Well he has it. And jiminez should be on a train or bus to Norfolk. We do not need a pitcher that walks the bases loaded and then serves up a grand slam to an average hitter. Disgusted. It was not costly because the Yankees also lost and Toronto and I think we can beat Boston in this series.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24584220/matt-wieters-elbow-not-progressing-to-his-liking-hell-see-dr-andrews

Matt Wieters will see Dr Andrews in Florida Monday. His elbow is not healing to his liking. Surgery is possible. this truly sucks. I hope he comes through this and we lock him in long term. If he cannot come back this year Joseph has played very well. His bat is not Wieters but he has been solid on defense. I hope the Dr can do something.

Nice game by Norris tonight. Boston blanked. Twins tied the Jays in the 8th only to lose in extras. We will have to take care of them ourselves

Hey! I know that I do not post on this baseball topic a lot, and when I do to, only to boast about My favorite Team, the Saint Louis Cardinals, and You already know this, but I just happened to come across this game between Your team and My second favorite team, the Texas Rangers. (Yes, I know that I made one long sentence with a lot of commas, but I found this clip both Funny and Amazing). Do you remember this game?

How embarrassing and degrading for any team to endure. I mean this in fun. Not to infuriate you. Being you are an Orioles fan and I am a Cardinals fan, maybe that will be who will contend for the 2014 Championship.

Rick, Manny suspended for 5 games? Ouch! I'm sure you don't agree with the decision, but was there prior bad behavior that preceeded this suspension?

It hurts us. .But this is our chance to gain ground in the standings. He is a big piece but I think we can hold our own without him for 5. He will miss the Toronto series. But we have guys that can step up like Pearce.

The little bit of day action that went on, I see the Blue Jays got waxed by the Twinkies. 2 out of 3, not bad work by Minnesota. I'll be watching the Mets at 7, but I'm kind of torn on whether I should flip to the Tigers game at 8--Verlander is on the mound, but he hasn't exactly been vintage Verlander his last several starts. Hmmmm.....

I post this again to all the Baltimore Orioles fans that this must be most embarrassing and most pitiful display of any baseball team during any game.

Texas 30: Baltimore 3.

No comment is more incriminating than A comment.

See My Post # 593.

Edited by kingzoso

What is this crock of shit posted by kingshitzo above? Was that the score of a game from years back? Pretty lame just like your cardinals. What does that have to do with anything? When was this? I know we lead the all time series vs them and we have a good team now. And we have won a few series ourselves. We will pummel you chumps.

Rays have the worst record in the big leagues--who had that at the beginning of the year? Don't look now, but the Royal are only 1.5 back of the Tigers--anyone remember when Detroit was supposed to run away and hide with the Central division? I sure do, back when I crowned them as the best team in the Majors (oops)....