2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

Tanaka did not have TJ surgery. He's just resting and rehabbing. Hopefully he will not be able to pitch before the end of the season.

And I only mean that in the best possible way ;)

Easy now, ebk! ;)

I was just gonna say that I didn't think he had that surgery either. Thank you for confirming that. This looks like your year, O's fans.

I don't think it's that unusual for pitchers to do some throwing after they have the Tommy John surgery. I believe they call 'em side sessions. Matt Harvey has had a few of them in his recovery....

Ha. Ok Dr Paul. Are you kidding me? You think he just had Tommy John and is throwing already? Ha. Anyway, what is up with Texas. 16-0 they beat the White Sox and now they are up on Sale 2-0. Maybe Washington had some kind of a meeting to light a fire under them?

I hope its our year Walter. And I do not just mean winning the East. I mean going farther than that

^^ I was wrong, not the first time it's happened, surely it won't be the last. :rolleyes::P

Well I hope I am not wrong about the East. I think it will take some beating for anyone to catch the O's. I know we are the best team in the East and we might be the best in baseball. The Dodgers have been labeled as the best, but they sure have not played like it. The Angels and A's are in a real battle out there. Gee, remember what I said yesterday about the A's being 2 up after last night? Well it came to fruition. The Wild Card race is just plain crazy. We know the team that does not win the AL West is going to be the first Wild card easily. The second WC is a real war. I say its going to come down to Seattle and KC. KC has better hitting but Seattle has better pitching by far. I have to pick Seattle but not with a ton of confidence. They would be a nightmare to face in a 5 game series with that pitching. But the Angels have a great bullpen and if they do not beat out Oakland likely will have too much power for Seattle if I am correct. If Oakland falls to the Wild Card, they could be very ripe to be upset by either Seattle or KC. Well, I am hoping Chen wins again tonight to punch his ballot as a Cy Young candidate. I think Norris is pitching as well as anyone on our staff now but Chen has the W's. Miller has proven to be a nice pick up from the Red Sox. I hope he is happy to have woken up in first place? I tell you this kid Schoop can play the infield and with him and Hardy and Machado and Davis they are like magicians out there. Did you see the last out last night when Davis tagged the runner with a rare wide throw? Just an example. And Schoop has played tremendous positional infield. He is a cool customer out there just like Hardy and Manny. The best infield in baseball hands down. Lead the majors in double plays. Oh, and HR's too (the Orioles). Lots to like. The AL playoffs will be very tough,. I think that the AL is far better. The Dodgers are one team that is an exception and can play with them. I think the Dodgers will roll the NL

Hmmm, the Yanks just took 3 out of 4 from the "mighty" Detroit Tigers--makes me wonder about the buzzsaw that would be the top 3 of that Tigers rotation come October. I still think Scherzer and Price could get the job done, but Verlander is hardly the Cy Young Verlander of years past. Maybe he can get his old form back or maybe Justin is at that stage where he has to learn how to hit his spots and paint the corners instead of trying to blow guys away anymore...

Good grief, Paul. Your Mets are certainly giving the Nats a run for their money... Aren't they just supposed to roll over and lose? :D

I was out running errands, so I have no idea what's going on--just clicked on to ESPN's site and see that it's all tied at 3, so still a chance for your Nationals... :)

Miguel Gonzalez, he's not exactly "quick to the plate"-- but it's effective, so far. O's offense has been silent, amazing how you can go hot and cold within the blink of an eye in this game....

Their guy pitched a whale of a game. I would not say its our lack of offense. We won the game and outhit them and Caleb smashed a beauty of a HR to win it. So we left town taking 2 of 3, mission accomplished. And a 5 game lead over the Jays and Yankees. the Yankees should be happy we won tonight as they tied Toronto and that second wild card is going to be a real war. KC only a half game back and winning at the moment. I just popped into the KC game to check the score and now turned on the Dodgers and Angels. If my O's were to fall short, that is my series pick if its not the O;s. Angels and Dodgers and I feel very strong that the O's will play the Angels for the AL crown and the Dodgers will make short work of the NL

Be aware of the Saint Louis Cardinals...

Even if the Baltimore Orioles defeat the Cardinals a game or two, it makes no matter. The Saint Louis Cardinals are a World Class Organization and will Always be Contenders for the National League Pennant.

If this is Baltimore's year, then it took the Orioles over 40 years to make it their year. It only takes the ST.LOUIS CARDINALS a year or 2 to make into the World Series.

If you disagree (and I know that you will), I ask that you prove evidence and past back-up to make your statement that the Orioles are a better Team than the Saint Louis Cardinals. No matter your opinion or your blather, the Cardinals are the Better Baseball Team, In past and Current History.

If you disagree, Google the facts.

Edited by kingzoso

Right now, as it stands, the mighty St. Louis Cardinals are looking at being in a "one game playoff" before they even make it possibly to the NLDS. Of course, the division title is only 1 game out of their reach & I never count out the Cards, but if St. Louis is a Wild Card kingzoso, would you really feel all that great about their chances of winning the National League pennant?

Right now, as it stands, the mighty St. Louis Cardinals are looking at being in a "one game playoff" before they even make it possibly to the NLDS. Of course, the division title is only 1 game out of their reach & I never count out the Cards, but if St. Louis is a Wild Card kingzoso, would you really feel all that great about their chances of winning the National League pennant?

Well I am sure the King will read this. His boys are comin in to Baltimore tonight. After beating up what is left of the Boston Red Sox. Baltimore has not lost a series in a while winning at least 6 straight from what I hear on MLB. Not sure if Wacha is going? I consider him your best as we will miss Wainright because he pitched last night. We are sending Tillman tonight. Go O's.

I will not believe what I just read on CBS sports. They have Jiminez listed tomorrow and he was to be demoted to the pen. If you get him, that is the game you may beat us in and I do not like sending him. TBA Sunday but I would think Gausman for us.

A bit cocky of the Tigers to sit Cabrera with KC only 2 1/2 back. They had best watch out.

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Is Jiminez starting and if so, does that mean the O's will be going with a 6 man rotation?

And I don't think anyone is scared of Detroit at this point, but that all could change come October...

Braves and my standings in the MLB contest are floundering....

I am going to be very surprised if Buck starts Jiminez and disrupts this rotation that has been great. They have said he will be sent to the bullpen and I do not even feel good with him there now that Miller is here and doing great. The only guy I would want to interject later is Bundy. But if he does go with Jiminez tomorrow night, its no doubt HIS LAST CHANCE to get it done. Or he is going to be picking splinters from his arse and maybe in AAA. It looks like Wong is the guy we must look out for in scouting this Cardinals team. Buck just said he wished he had more left handed batters to put up against Masterson. But with the low runs scored on the flip side, Tillman if on could shut them down. That is what I am hoping for.

I am now a believer that the Cubs future is very bright. Like what they are doing and how about this kid Baez? Cubs fans have suffered long enough and I believe within two years, they will take that division. I hope Cruz wakes up tonight. He has started to get hits again and RBI's but his power is over due. I hope the Indians continue to score runs vs the Yankees. My guess is they will put up a better fight than the Tigers who really stunk out the joint. Lets alos see if the Braves wake up vs the team they must beat

Dickey vs Sanchez in Toronto?

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Just saw Cruz taking batting practice in the cage. Getting ready for your boys King Card wherever you be? Emerge from your rock ye hethon!!!! LOL. Lets see some trash talk before our boys go at it. You guys are a game out. We have the biggest lead in baseball. In any division. 16 over 500 baby. Masterson only has one start? His era was not great. But who knows. I cannot pretend to know anything about him. I know if Tillman can avoid disaster in the first inning he is usually very tough.

I have the Orioles network on and after the game a special 60 year celebration of the Orioles franchise. Had a luncheon today and many former greats were there like Brooks and Frank Robinson and Boog Powell to name a few and I am sure Jim Palmer. St Louis of course is the city that the O's moved from in 1954. And my city of Rochester has a big part of the history

Just saw Cruz taking batting practice in the cage. Getting ready for your boys King Card wherever you be? Emerge from your rock ye hethon!!!! LOL. Lets see some trash talk before our boys go at it. You guys are a game out. We have the biggest lead in baseball. In any division. 16 over 500 baby. Masterson only has one start? His era was not great. But who knows. I cannot pretend to know anything about him. I know if Tillman can avoid disaster in the first inning he is usually very tough.

I am taping the game right now. Good Luck!!!

I see that the bases are loaded for Baltimore with no outs.

Go Cardinals!!!