2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

The Saint Louis Cardinals have won their last 9 out of 10 games. Up by 4.5 games against the Pittsburgh Pirates and not the Milwaukee Brewers. As I have said before, the Cardinals are ONE of (if not) the most consistent teams in the Major Leagues. Must I remind everyone of this? Just look back to the last 3 years and the let the facts speak for themselves.

The St. Louis Cardinals seem to play their best baseball in the month of September. The month that really counts when it comes to who has a serious shot at winning their division, pennant and World Series.

I was watching the MLB network the other day and one of the hosts (do not know his name) said that the Saint Louis Cardinals "have the best organization in Baseball".

For all the Cardinal "haters" (because of ME), DO NOT count them out just yet.

Go Cardinals!!!... and Peace.

Edited to add: this juicy clip of the Cardinals scoring 9 runs in one inning:

... and for the "haters" Never forget this: (only 3 years ago):

By the way, when was the last time and year that the Baltimore Orioles won a World Series? Please enlighten ME.

Edited by kingzoso

The Saint Louis Cardinals have won their last 9 out of 10 games. Up by 4.5 games against the Pittsburgh Pirates and not the Milwaukee Brewers. As I have said before, the Cardinals are ONE of (if not) the most consistent teams in the Major Leagues. Must I remind everyone of this? Just look back to the last 3 years and the let the facts speak for themselves.

The St. Louis Cardinals seem to play their best baseball in the month of September. The month that really counts when it comes to who has a serious shot at winning their division, pennant and World Series.

I was watching the MLB network the other day and one of the hosts (do not know his name) said that the Saint Louis Cardinals "have the best organization in Baseball".

For all the Cardinal "haters" (because of ME), DO NOT count them out just yet.

Go Cardinals!!!... and Peace.

Edited to add: this juicy clip of the Cardinals scoring 9 runs in one inning:

... and for the "haters" Never forget this: (only 3 years ago):

By the way, when was the last time and year that the Baltimore Orioles won a World Series? Please enlighten ME.

I have little doubt they will win that division this year. It is a bad division but they have played well and beat the teams they are supposed to beat. The Orioles are going to be in this post season also. It will not be easy for either team. Kershaw is going to give the Dodgers likely 3 wins in any 7 game series. He is going too be very hard to beat. The Nationals look like a good team also. The sudden collapse of the Milwaukee Brewers is basically what saved the Cardinals. I do not like your chances vs the Dodgers or Nationals. So hope you get someone else in the first series. But unlikely.

We have a 10 game lead over the Yankees and Blue Jays. I see no way on Earth that either of them can make that up in 20 games. And neither do any of the experts on MLB. /The big question is, can we catch the Angels? I have to see who they play. We have to play the rest of our schedule vs the AL East. Yankees, Red Sox, Jays, Rays. This series between KC and Detroit should be interesting. KC has to win at least a game in this series. Or maybe they simply need to beat them at home when they play 3 in KC? A part of me wants Detroit out. Because they have more experience than Seattle or KC. I still believe the Orioles and Angels are on a collision course. We will see. I am wondering how Buck is going to use this lineup in the post season? Is he going to play De Aza? I would not start him. No way. He will be used likely in pinch hitting situations and for base running. He has speed and has been a help and his defense is good also. I am going to see who the A's have left also. They are very vulnerable. Lester goes at the White Sox tonight, a game they should win.

Rick, after clobbering the Indians yesterday, it's all AL West division foes for the Angels the rest of the season, starting at Texas tonight.

@ Texas 3 games

Houston 3 games

Seattle 4 games

Texas 3 games

@ Oakland 3 games

@ Seattle 3 games

I'm guessing Baltimore has a similar division foe-heavy schedule remaining. After Bud Selig dicked around with the schedule for a few years, MLB regained their senses and realized it made for better pennant races and created more fan interest to have teams play their division rivals the last month of the season.

Rick, after clobbering the Indians yesterday, it's all AL West division foes for the Angels the rest of the season, starting at Texas tonight.

@ Texas 3 games

Houston 3 games

Seattle 4 games

Texas 3 games

@ Oakland 3 games

@ Seattle 3 games

I'm guessing Baltimore has a similar division foe-heavy schedule remaining. After Bud Selig dicked around with the schedule for a few years, MLB regained their senses and realized it made for better pennant races and created more fan interest to have teams play their division rivals the last month of the season.

Its going to be tough for us to catch you. Seattle are the toughest games you have left. We have to deal with Tampa who are far better than their record. Texas and Oakland are a joke. Houston can be a pain in the ass as you have learned. I guess anything can happen. I think you have us by 4 games. But sometimes I wonder if we are better to go to Anaheim if we get to the ALCS. We are very good on the road

Yo King Cardinal, I just saw a commercial for a baseball electronic game with Adam Jones of my Orioles and your pitcher Wacha. So an Oriole and a Cardinal are friends. What a shock. I do not believe that the Cardinals have ever met the Orioles in the Series? I am about 99.9 % sure. Buf not sure if the old St Louis Browns ever played the Cards?

Yo King Cardinal, I just saw a commercial for a baseball electronic game with Adam Jones of my Orioles and your pitcher Wacha. So an Oriole and a Cardinal are friends. What a shock. I do not believe that the Cardinals have ever met the Orioles in the Series? I am about 99.9 % sure. Buf not sure if the old St Louis Browns ever played the Cards?

That is cool. I do not think the Cardinals have played the Orioles in the World Series. If they did, the Cardinals would have Won and then I would know about it as you would too. Just kidding.

The Cardinals, Pirates and Brewers all lost yesterday so the Cardinals are still 4.5 games ahead of the Pirates and 6 games ahead of the Brewers.

That is cool. I do not think the Cardinals have played the Orioles in the World Series. If they did, the Cardinals would have Won and then I would know about it as you would too. Just kidding.

The Cardinals, Pirates and Brewers all lost yesterday so the Cardinals are still 4.5 games ahead of the Pirates and 6 games ahead of the Brewers.

I do not see them losing that division now. Not to Milwaukee. What a disgrace that team is. Pittsburgh, I never thoughtt they were that good. I will admit St Louis is the best in that division. But no way in the NL this year. Dodgers and Nationals and the Giants are pretty good most of the time too. Orioles and Angels are heads above all in the 'AL. I am not sure the Mets can catch the Nationals in a year? Or even Atlanta. Atlanta is not the team they once were when they had guys ike Maddox and Glavine and when Bobby Cox was there. But they are still a good organization. The Mets do seem to be heading in the right direction. I think the Cubs are ahead of them though. I believe the Cubs are going to win the Central next year. But I will worry only about my own team. Just imagine if we had Machado and Wieters. Really sucks they are going to miss this. But I am pretty sure we will be around and be even better next year. Our starting rotation will get even better. They are very deep. Now they have this De Aza hitting from the White Sox. In good shape going in as long as Hardy is ok. Hardy is supposed to return vs Yankees. Had a shot in his back. I know what that is as I have had them. MRI negative thank God. The guy is a magician at SS and can hit with power.

Our Orioles are really putting an ass whipping on Boston EBK. Lovin it. Adam Jones hit one 430 feet. Boston's defense is laughable. Last night they looked like Laurel and Hardy out there. Routine pop to left field dropped. 3rd baseman threw a ball at least 20 feet over the head of the 1st baseman. They look like a bunch of lost souls out there. Sweep is two innings away. 8-1 Orioles. Now, slow down Angels. Lose a game already

Why are all these damned Irishmen still at the park? Is the whiskey free?

Edited by LedZeppfan77

LOL. Jim Johnson on the mound for Tigers. I have KC tonight. Up 2-0. come on Royals, lets go. Tampa I also have and they look like a team that has quit. Blew a 4-0 lead, and Langoria is just going up and swinging with total indifference. Fuckers. Thanks for being NON PROFESSIONAL you wimp dicks. I have the Orioles wheeled up and down. If K/C can holld on I will be ok. Then I need the Dodgers to keep my ESPN streak going. I am in first place right now with 5 st wins in the league called "fans of Buffao Sabres". Go see if you have nothing going on. I would hope the Dodgers would win tonight. Its getting too dicey with SF only 2 1/2 back. And dont look now but the Blue Jays are on fire. About to sweep those Cubbies, up 9-1. We have them once. And the Yankees up next after a rest day tomorrow. Even if the Yankees hold on they are still in 3rd place and 11 out. Hardy is due back Friday. I think its a 4 game series. We are currently 8-3 vs them and our division record is easily the best. Toronto is still alive for the wild card but I think its going to come down to Seattle and the loser of the KC/Detroit division winner. Good chance one of them can either hold off Seattle or Seattle goes. Oakland has come on again a little so maybe they are safe? Maybe.

OMG, first pitch from the stretch and Shields throws it 20 feet over the catchers head. Had the runner stealing dead if he had only got it to catcher. Is this another KC meltdown? Fuck me hard

Kansas City, Kansas City here I come! Two on and nobody out in the 8th. 2-0. Now loaded nobody out. Bunt for a hit. Go royals. This would be the biggest win for KC since 1985

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Bob Costas special on an old fight between the Giants and Dodgers in 1965, Koufax on the mound vs Juan Marichel.. Well tomorrow night is a huge beginning to a huge series between the two. It might get nasty? Scully's voice is still there to be heard some half a century later. Incredible. Will they both get in? If the season ended today I believe they would both be in. No reason to think the Giants and Dodgers could not meet for the NL pennant once again.

The Yankees come into Baltimore tomorrow but in 3rd place and with a snowball's chance in hell of even getting a wild card. As long as Buck does not get crazy and put the Norfok Tides on the field, it should be over pretty fast . The magic number is 9 I believe.

Why would I sweat ?....we took 2 of 3.

Because you are now one back and you have to go to their park for 3. And a wild card is no certainty with Seattle and Toronto breathing down your necks. You have the worst bullpen of any of the contenders easily. Terrible bullpen. Your starters will have to pitch lights out and then you will have to hold on for dear life in the late innings