2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

Ahh just get to over with. And make sure you wash the stubble out of the sink.30_Chunky_Blue_Safety_Razor.jpg And get a haircut too.

Tough guys shave in the shower, as do I, btw. ;)

Got the haircut the same day as I last shaved.

Thanks, Andy! :)

Not only was that a catch...it looked like the ball crossed the plane of the goal line as Dez came down, so it was a touchdown as well.

I am tired of referees inserting themselves at the end of games. Let the players play...as long as it isn't an egregious foul where one player is clearly gaining an advantage, swallow the damn whistle or pick up the flag. That's why I had no problem with the refs picking up the flag last week in the Detroit game.

Dez made two steps with the ball and lunged for the goal line with his left arm. If that isn't a football move or possession, I don't know what is. I've seen sideline catches ruled complete on less evidence.

Of course, if Dallas scored there, it doesn't mean they would have won the game. It would have been 28-26 Dallas and Green Bay would have had several minutes to get in position for a field goal. Which, the way Rodgers was slicing and dicing the Dallas D, was entirely probable.

Not only was that a catch...it looked like the ball crossed the plane of the goal line as Dez came down, so it was a touchdown as well.

I am tired of referees inserting themselves at the end of games. Let the players play...as long as it isn't an egregious foul where one player is clearly gaining an advantage, swallow the damn whistle or pick up the flag. That's why I had no problem with the refs picking up the flag last week in the Detroit game.

Dez made two steps with the ball and lunged for the goal line with his left arm. If that isn't a football move or possession, I don't know what is. I've seen sideline catches ruled complete on less evidence.

Of course, if Dallas scored there, it doesn't mean they would have won the game. It would have been 28-26 Dallas and Green Bay would have had several minutes to get in position for a field goal. Which, the way Rodgers was slicing and dicing the Dallas D, was entirely probable.

:goodpost:

Cowboys fans may not want to hear it right now, but the game imo wasn't decided by that one call--I don't think it was the refs dissecting the Cowboys secondary in the 2nd half, that was Aaron Rodgers...

As for this game, I would be really suprised if the Broncos didn't step all over Indy--the Colts have no running game to speak of; it's basically Andrew Luck's job to try and carry them to victory and I don't see him outscoring Peyton....

Cowboys fans may not want to hear it right now, but the game imo wasn't decided by that one call--I don't think it was the refs dissecting the Cowboys secondary in the 2nd half, that was Aaron Rodgers...

As for this game, I would be really suprised if the Broncos didn't step all over Indy--the Colts have no running game to speak of; it's basically Andrew Luck's job to try and carry them to victory and I don't see him outscoring Peyton....

It wasnt, Paul. The Cowboys should've put them down earlier when they had command, driving the ball - up 14-7.

I can't believe what I'm seeing. They should've killed the Colts. I don't think they'll win this challenge. Peyton looks like it might be time to think about hanging it up. He hasn't been very good for weeks now. It's his decision, obviously.

Manning flops in playoffs again. He should probably retire...unless he wants to add to his career numbers. But another championship is out of the question at this point. Thank god he was going against Sexy Rexy and the hapless Bears or he wouldn't have the one Super Bowl he does have.

Is New England and Seattle a lock now? I'm guessing Brady and Belichick won't mess around with the Colts next week--Pats should mop the floor with Andrew Luck....

. Any pro team can beat any other team. I'm routing for New England and I am confident. But... It ain't over till .... well you know.

Is New England and Seattle a lock now? I'm guessing Brady and Belichick won't mess around with the Colts next week--Pats should mop the floor with Andrew Luck....

I guess this event that just occurred proves there is no lock in either game. I believe that is what it will likely be. But who saw this coming? Not me. I think we watched Peyton's last game. I think Indy was classless the way they threw him under the bus and went after Luck after Tanking the season for the number one pick. Scumbags. This was Peyton's Jacksonville if you will. That is the game that was Kelly's last. I will be shocked if Peyton comes back. I do not even know what Eli will do? Maybe Rex Ryan will bring him to Buffalo. LOL. Who knows. I like the direction the Bills are going in. I feel bad for Manning it ended this way but he sort of asked for it hanging around like so many of them do. You cannot play this game forever.

I think I may go against the grain and pick Green Bay for next week--who knows. Rick, there may not be any locks, but Brady has owned Luck so far in all the matchups they have had. If Brady gets that 4th ring, does that make him the greatest of all time at his position?

Hey Strider, if you care to watch the Bills/Jaguars or Dolphins/Jets play in London England next October, set your alarm for about 5 am. The kickoff is at 930 am EST so 630 am PST. The Lions play over there also. There game might be in November. But I forget vs who? I predict Peyton Manning will announce his retirement this week. And Eli will be getting an apartment in Buffalo. Na, just kidding. I am going to try and find the 2015 opponents of the Bills and Rex Ryan. Damn, its hard to imagine him on our sideline in a Bills shirt. They say Swartz is staying and I pray that is true. I like him alot.

Lines for next week are out..

Seattle -7 vs Green Bay

New England -8 vs Indy

And tomorrow the line is dropping like a Buffalo Chip. The Frogs are 3 and a half pt favs vs OSU. I love OSU

When will Walter emerge from his drunken stupor? Come on Walter, you have the memories

I wonder what Jerry Jones was whispering to his coach (who I like) after the game? Likely " don't worry, this time tomorrow those fucking zebra's will be working in the salt mines"

Archived