More F1 news: Manor (formerly Marussia) has been comfirmed as the tenth team for this season. Their drivers are Will Stevens, who drove one GP last year for Caterham, and Roberto Merhi, another rookie. Engines are provided by Ferrari.

More F1 news: Manor (formerly Marussia) has been comfirmed as the tenth team for this season. Their drivers are Will Stevens, who drove one GP last year for Caterham, and Roberto Merhi, another rookie. Engines are provided by Ferrari.

Very excited about this weekend and the upcoming season. Bring on the beautiful race tracks, the beautiful race cars, and the beautiful women! :) Next season there will be an American entry coming from Gene Haas - co-owner of Stewart-Haas Racing.

I agree the cars are amazing in F1, but the racing can be quite boring at times. It's really them against the stop watch, not against each other, except for the start of the F1 races. Personally, I love it all. Ovals, road course, drag strip, cars, bikes, pavement, or dirt.

Harvick wins the pole at Phoenix! He's won 4 of the last 5 races, and 3 in a row (with 2 different teams) at this track. Plus he's finished either 1st or 2nd in the last 6 races, dating back to last season.

I see I have 2 F1 practices on tape. Gonna have to check that out tonight! :yesnod:

Yep, Ferrari is on the comeback trail. Watched qualifying earlier, the 17 year old is starting 12th? With him in the middle of the field, it could make for a very interesting start to the race tomorrow. Plan on watching it, with coffee in hand! :)

Yes, Verstappen 12th and other newcomers 8th and 11th and with Romain "Crashjean" and "Crashtor" Maldonado 9th and 10th anything can happen.

Valtteri Bottas won't drive today because he hurt his back in the qualifying.

McLaren's situation in catastrophic. One of their cars (Magnussen) just broke down and the race hasn't even started. Also Red Bull seems to be having some problems.

topfuel-300x195.jpg

NHRA's Larry Dixon walks away from scary crash at Gatornationals

March 14, 2015

Dixon walked away and waved to the crowd after his Top Fuel car broke in half at about 280 mph and flew high into the air during a qualifying run at the Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals at Auto Plus Raceway.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/motor/nhra/2015/03/14/nhras-dixon-walks-away-from-scary-crash-at-gatornationals/24760353/

Don't miss this Slide Show:

http://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/sports/motor/nhra/2015/03/14/larry-dixons-nhra-crash/24774811/

topfuel-300x195.jpg

NHRA's Larry Dixon walks away from scary crash at Gatornationals

March 14, 2015

Dixon walked away and waved to the crowd after his Top Fuel car broke in half at about 280 mph and flew high into the air during a qualifying run at the Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals at Auto Plus Raceway.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/motor/nhra/2015/03/14/nhras-dixon-walks-away-from-scary-crash-at-gatornationals/24760353/

Don't miss this Slide Show:

http://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/sports/motor/nhra/2015/03/14/larry-dixons-nhra-crash/24774811/

Saw the tape of that. Absolutely amazing that he didn't suffer any injuries.

Yes, Verstappen 12th and other newcomers 8th and 11th and with Romain "Crashjean" and "Crashtor" Maldonado 9th and 10th anything can happen.

Valtteri Bottas won't drive today because he hurt his back in the qualifying.

McLaren's situation in catastrophic. One of their cars (Magnussen) just broke down and the race hasn't even started. Also Red Bull seems to be having some problems.

That was a crazy start - with only 15 cars able to take the green flag. Last year there were also a number of casualties due to mechanical failure at that race, right? Great start to the season for Lewis Hamilton - dominated that one for sure! The rest of the series needs to get their programs up to snuff to keep up the Mercedes teams, otherwise it'll be a one or two horse race to the championship - again.

I think you are right about last years race. Lewis Hamilton was the most visible victim of mechanical failure back then.

What happened to Räikkönen really pisses me off. He had to retire because his left rear wheel wasn't properly attached during pit stop.

I think you are right about last years race. Lewis Hamilton was the most visible victim of mechanical failure back then.

What happened to Räikkönen really pisses me off. He had to retire because his left rear wheel wasn't properly attached during pit stop.

That was ridiculous! He was pretty pissed off as a result. Why didn't he just come back in after the tire changer acknowledged the miscue after the car pulled away? Ferrari is showing some muscle at least.

Welcome ALL racing fans! :yourock:

Daytona Duels are happening tonight. A new season is upon us! Let all racers and fans alike join in and share the love we have for the speed, the personalities, and the multi-sensory intoxication that is attending a racing event.

Forum members....START YOUR ENGINES!!!

:yesnod:

sad that jeff Gordon is quitting

That was ridiculous! He was pretty pissed off as a result. Why didn't he just come back in after the tire changer acknowledged the miscue after the car pulled away? Ferrari is showing some muscle at least.

The good thing is they didn't get a penalty for unsafe release.

Last Sunday, Kevin Harvick made it 8 top 2's in a row and 5 to start the season! The 8 in a row is three short of Richard Petty's all-time record of 11 in a row - set back in 1975. Back then an average of 2.5 cars finished on the lead lap, during Harvick's current streak an average of 25.5 cars are finishing on the lead lap - so this current run is under way better competition standards. Harvick's 5 top 2's in a row to start a season is a record all to itself. He races at the shortest track on the circut this weekend - the half-mile bullring at Martinsville, which incidentally is the last track where he didn't finish first or second, dating back to last October. Martinsville is also the track where Petty's 11 in a row was stopped back in '75.

Let's Go Harvick!!!!

#4thewin

Great race in Malaysia today! First victory for Vettel since 2013 and a good recovery from Räikkönen after a horrible start. Looks like Ferrari can really challenge Mercedes this season. I was also pleased by the beautiful overtake by Bottas at the end of the race.

Yeah, the F1 race was very intriguing. Hamilton should be pissed at his team for putting on the hard tires on his last stop.

In the NASCAR world, my boy Harvick is going his 9th straight top-2. Right now he's 3rd with 60 to go....

• 2 weeks later...

Lewis Hamilton has the pole for tomorrow's F1 Chinese Grand Prix.

70 laps to go in Texas....Jimmie Johnson is leading and my boy Harvick is 2nd.

Let's go Harvick!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Edited by Walter