Interesting article in the South Wales Echo

According to the South Wales Echo (UK):

Millennium Stadium bosses are trying to woo Led Zeppelin to play in Cardiff. The WRU's (Welsh Rugby Union) top man Roger Lewis said stadium chiefs were already talking to the reformed rock band's management about bringing them to the stadium.

In the wake of the '70s legends' rave reviews for their comeback gig at London's 02 Arena, there has been a growing clamour for the group to start a tour.

Mr Lewis, who is a friend of bassist John Paul Jones, said "We would love to welcome Led Zeppelin and we have alrady put in a request to Harvey Goldsmith (the band's promoter). "We have a good relationship with Harvey, who also handles Bruce Springsteen who is coming to the stadium.

"Initially, Harvey said they were going to do a one-off gig but now they are considering a tour".

"The thing is, we are the only stadium in Britain with a retractable roof and we can guarantee a perfect event for 70,000 people. There's nowhere else in the country that can do that."

All 20,000 tickets for Led Zeppelin's first comeback gig 19 years after the group disbanded sold out - despite costing £125.

B)

Edited by Wowzer

This could all be great news, but i mean nothings in stone... they probally threw an offer out there because they have the space to do it and they think its the best location for the band to start touring... But it just leaves alot empty thats one venue, alot of other ones have to be pre sold/ arranged for it to be a Tour/ World tour. So this may be a great starting point or a publicity grab from one of londons highest bidders.

This could all be great news, but i mean nothings in stone... they probally threw an offer out there because they have the space to do it and they think its the best location for the band to start touring... But it just leaves alot empty thats one venue, alot of other ones have to be pre sold/ arranged for it to be a Tour/ World tour. So this may be a great starting point or a publicity grab from one of londons highest bidders.

That's true.

I am really hoping they play the Millenium Stadium though. I hope if they do tour then they do not just do London. Heres hoping that the Irish, Scots and Welsh get to see them on their patch too. :)

JMO....But if a tour is in the works, the last thing I think Plantie would want to do is play large arenas like this. The quality of the shows would suffer, and everyone would accuse them of grabbing the cash.

...and to use a local example, if they tried to play Ford Field instead of The Palace of Auburn Hills....65,000 as opposed to 20,000....I think they would be absolutely nuts. HOWEVER....I would still attend. :D