NO ROBERT PLANT?!?!?

Anyone who listens to the O2 show can easily tell its Zeppelin in their older years...

...but if one could listen to a mix without Plant would it give that same sense or would it be more ageless? What would that sound like at all?

Lately I've strangely wanted a mix minus vocals especially since I've read the interview with the sound engineer and all the minute details that went into the final release

Anyone who listens to the O2 show can easily tell its Zeppelin in their older years...

...but if one could listen to a mix without Plant would it give that same sense or would it be more ageless? What would that sound like at all?

Lately I've strangely wanted a mix minus vocals especially since I've read the interview with the sound engineer and all the minute details that went into the final release

Black Dog would sound ridiculous.

I think that would be cool. I used to listen to LZ1 that way, in stereo, some of the tracks have vocals on the right and guitar on the left(or vice versa). That would be great if the material produced these days would allow you to manipulate the mix so you could hear just guitar, or bass, or drums, or just guitar and bass... etc. lol -sounds a little too much like a karaoke product.

• 3 years later...
On 2014-5-13 at 9:57 AM, cosmic_juice said:

I like hearing a great band with all their ageing signs, imperfections, flaws, and greatness .  Plant is not the same singer that he was 50 years ago (or even 25 years ago) but I'll still take him

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2014 at 10:57 PM, cosmic_juice said:

A mix without Plant would sound like rehearsals for the Outrider tour.

• 3 weeks later...

That's very interesting, I also think a key reboot may sound close to the "Outrider" period.I must confess I find the O2 show overall to be very good, but I can never listen to more than 45 mintutes at a time, the key change thing is so disconcerting

at times, they aren't just dropping a half step like Ozzie or Rod Stewart, or the many older rockers etc. who still want to get

out there. Actually, I'm a guitarist, and figuring out some of Jimmy's amazing licks from the WIC tour, even there some songs

are a bit detuned, but nothing like 02 and even then those shows are from broadcasts where subtle detuning may create a much fatter bottom end. I think Robert is still great, he could still find a "way", but despite his own sometimes silly reasonings,

and him still playing some Zep in his solo shows, I really think he would feel very demeaned doing the thrash-metal rumble

tunings AND auto tune trying to get thru Zep sets. Jimmy's old, but don't forget that one finger wasn't still well by showtime,

and by his Tower House affairs and other indications, like his rather animated manner at almost 75. So seemingly retired,

unfortunately for now. Wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy just thinks he doesn't look anything like a rock star anymore, and

that's that. I hope I get 5,000 replies to refute this idea.

Archived