2014-15 NHL Season

LedZeppfan77

WTF zepscoda? How did the Rangers lose a Game 7 in the Garden? With Lundqvist in the net? It's unthinkable.

It's beginning to look like Lundqvist will assume the mantle of the greatest goalie yet to win a Stanley Cup. Not sure if Ranger management will be cautious this off-season or if they'll go into panic-mode.

They lost to the Kings in the Stanley Cup Finals a year ago, so anything short of making the Finals again this year must be regarded as a failure.

Sorry for your loss last night, zepscoda. I know you live and die (sports wise speaking) with your Rangers success. I was very surprise by last night's outcome - especially after that 3rd period in Game 6. Hope the Blackhawks can get it done tonight!

Edited by Walter

Do I hear a quacking sound? Now that Tampa Bay has ruined the Stanley Cup for me, all that is left is to cheer for the Western Conference team to win, whether it is Anaheim or Chicago. Anaheim would be preferable as they are a California team and I like to shop local.

But either way, Chicago-Tampa Bay or Anaheim-Tampa Bay just doesn't have the buzz, the juice, the built-in rivalry, that a Stanley Cup with the Rangers would have had. NBC is cursing the hockey gods.

Especially after the ratings godsend last year was with LA vs. NY.

I'm still in sports shock from the lack of effort the blue shirts put forth at the Garden Friday night. ...what the hell, did they have some false sense of entitlement? How dare they play such a shitty game. I can just hear my grand father, and great grand father screaming from their graves.

I'm still in sports shock from the lack of effort the blue shirts put forth at the Garden Friday night. ...what the hell, did they have some false sense of entitlement? How dare they play such a shitty game. I can just hear my grand father, and great grand father screaming from their graves.

My respects zepscoda. :console::drinks:

Have all the hockey fans melted away? Does no one on the forum have any love for the Chicago vs. Tampa Bay Stanley Cup? Anybody going to watch?

No love at all Stider. NONE. I wanted the Ducks and Rangers or at least one. I do believe Chicago likely wins it easily. They caught a huge break missing the St Louis Blues who had their number. Somehow Minnesota won and proceded to stink out the joint vs chicago. But I am excited about this draft and the Sabres will be drafting Jack Eichel. Cant wait

I have to pull for Tampa, I'll get into why soon. But first, its not until a team is out of it when you find out about various injuries. I just read this:

The New York Rangers defense was anything but healthy by the time Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Final rolled around. While injury information is a closely guarded secret during the playoffs, now that the Rangers run is over, the team is willing to open up about what they were battling through.

Marc Staal played in all 19 postseason games despite suffering a hairline fracture in his ankle near the end of the regular season. He logged 20:40 minutes per game in the playoffs, but finished with just one assist and a team-worst minus-eight rating, per the Bergen Record.

Ryan McDonagh also played with a fractured bone as he injured his right foot during Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Final. He logged 17:33 minutes in the final contest of that series.

Blueliners Dan Girardi and Keith Yandle suffered a grade 1 MCL and a shoulder sprain respectively. Girardi was injured in Game 4 versus the Lightning, but Yandles been hurt since Game 2 of the first round.

Yandle led all Rangers defensemen with 11 points in 19 contests. He also posted a plus-seven rating and averaged 18:00 minutes. Girardi finished second on the team in ice time with an average of 21:37 minutes per game.

Edited by zepscoda

Here's more Rangers injury news that's been revealed:

During Monday's team exit interviews, Zuccarello revealed he had suffered a fractured skull and a brain contusion. He also temporarily lost the ability to speak and move one of his arms.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-mats-zuccarello-injuries-20150601-story.html

Sweet memories of a year ago...don't look, zepscoda. ;)

20150514_124835.jpg

:(

What could have been tonight, oh well. Gotta go for Tampa. Too many ties to the Rangers to ignore, not the least of witch is Phill Esposito who now does the radio broadcast for the bolts, and who co hosts a show I listen too each afternoon on NHL XM. It would also be cool to see former Rangers Ryan Callahan, Brian Boyle and Anton Stralman and former Stars captain Brenden Morrow hoist the cup.

Very physical - good stuff! 1-0 bolts after the 1st

The meltdown at the end may be very tough to overcome emotionally, especially when you are the big underdog to begin with. You just cannot give a game away like that when you worked so hard to get there. This young coach, who I like alot, has his hands full.