Lenny Kravitz

geekfreak

first off if there is a topic all ready on the forum I`m being very apologetic to you... well I`m an absolute a fanatic

Lenny Kravitz fan, since hearing "let love rule" his debut album, he is an amazing guitarist, songwriter, enigmatic, flamboyant, icon musician. whom output of music is of the highest quality album after album, each one is in a different direction than the last one, a great showman too!. a multi-instrumentalist, I`ve got to most of the time stop myself from going on and on and on about LENNY...

ooh hmm he seems to be a musician you either enjoy or don`t, but than again I`ve never been a follower of the crowd`s if its a musical pure pleasurable audio to my ears and not the recent crazes. rock `n` roll as never been a followers that everyone follows the same musicians... yes Charles J, that's a very cool song... but thank you all for your points of view...

Erm sorry geekfreak, but the man grates on my nerves.

At least he can play a musical instrument very well which is more than you can say for many "artists" nowadays. Plantpothead's comment reminds me that there are certain individual artists or groups whom people either like or detest with no middle ground in between. I've heard other people refer to Lenny Kravitz as "lame" so maybe he's one of those artists.

One more thing in Kravitz's favor: When he was young he was quite good looking. Remember the poster of him nude with his guitar placed strategically over his crotch? Yeah, yeah, I know. It should be all about the music and not the image, but I always appreciate eye candy.

your most welcome lipslikecherries, glad you like "let love rule" its a cool first album by Lenny... "mama said" as some great track there the one which Slash wrote on the album "always on the run" the retro album "are you going my way" sort of `60`s retro sounds going on... if you get the chance go see him live cool shows...

I`ve been re-listening to the 2011 released Black And White America album, what and absolutely wonderful masterpiece of wonderment with Lenny`s view of black/white America here its more earthy, funk leaded its a personnel account...

• 9 months later...

first off if there is a topic all ready on the forum I`m being very apologetic to you... well I`m an absolute a fanaticLenny Kravitz fan, since hearing "let love rule" his debut album, he is an amazing guitarist, songwriter, enigmatic, flamboyant, icon musician. whom output of music is of the highest quality album after album, each one is in a different direction than the last one, a great showman too!. a multi-instrumentalist, I`ve got to most of the time stop myself from going on and on and on about LENNY...

Hi geekfreak! To add to your post, Lenny Kravitz puts on a fantastic live show. Lots of energy from him and all of the band members, it would be hard if not impossible to stand still during his performance! When he sang Let Love Rule, he went out into the crowd and had everyone singing along. The pic below is from May 3, 2015 at New Orleans Jazz Fest. There was lots of love from him and from the crowd. featuring Cindy Blackman on drums, and Trombone Shorty joined in as well. Wow, what a show!!

post-26295-0-70411000-1430743266_thumb.j

Hi geekfreak! To add to your post, Lenny Kravitz puts on a fantastic live show. Lots of energy from him and all of the band members, it would be hard if not impossible to stand still during his performance! When he sang Let Love Rule, he went out into the crowd and had everyone singing along. The pic below is from May 3, 2015 at New Orleans Jazz Fest. There was lots of love from him and from the crowd. featuring Cindy Blackman on drums, and Trombone Shorty joined in as well. Wow, what a show!!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I saw this today. Good music and I love Cyndi Blackman. She can play!!!

Lenny was also good in 'The Butler.'

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I saw this today. Good music and I love Cyndi Blackman. She can play!!!

Lenny was also good in 'The Butler.'

Thanks, redrum! I didn't realize he was in The Butler, have not seen that (yet).

sorry I`ve been busy with new job, family and record vinyl buying. but Lenny K is cool live and when you add Cyndi Blackman pure magical music...

Archived