Did Page play a Tel on every song of the debut?

messengers

On the first lp Page played the Telecaster on all tracks that had electric guitar except Babe I'm Gonna Leave you, which was the Danelectro. Page used the Telecaster from time to time on future lps including the Stairway to Heaven solo. He also used it on South Bound Suarez, Hot Dog and All My Love from ITTOD. (To name a few)

Didn't Page recently say he played a borrowed Flying V for "You Shook Me"? Also, I'm pretty sure BIGLY, YTIGC and BMS were played on a borrowed Gibson J-200 acoustic. The other electric songs were indeed played on his Tele.

post-12775-0-14422200-1409003889.gifpost-12775-0-49213400-1409003905.gif

On the first lp Page played the Telecaster on all tracks that had electric guitar except Babe I'm Gonna Leave you, which was the Danelectro. Page used the Telecaster from time to time on future lps including the Stairway to Heaven solo. He also used it on South Bound Suarez, Hot Dog and All My Love from ITTOD. (To name a few)

The Dano on BIGLY? Thats first news to me

I think perhaps you are misreading the quote. I don't think Jimmy is saying he used his Telecaster on the acoustic songs.

If this is directed at me, obviously not. I posted that specific part because it references the Flying V on "You Shook Me".

According to Page, he used Mickey Most's Gibson j-200 to record all the acoustic parts on the first album.

20140827_072927_zps4c99a057.jpg

Archived