Forget the greatest hits albums! Time for a "new, unreleased" compilation of mastered material

gollum6668

Ok we all know...In Coda of 1982, "We're gonna goove" and "I can't quit you baby" were both taken from live recordings of the Royal Albert Hall...that was the 80's..Now this is the 21st century..From live recordings and outtakes/radio shows, What setlist would you make up of "unreleased" material for an album release? Since from the "rumours" Plant is not currently wishing to continue on with the reunion, perhaps Page & Jones with Plant's blessing can put out an album for the general public..Here goes my suggestion..

1. Train Kept A-Rollin'

from 4-24 and 4-27 sources

2. Sugar Mama

from 6-69 studio session

3. Sunshine Woman

from 3-69 BBC

4. I Gotta Move

from 3-69 radio broadcast

5. As Long As I Have You medley

from 4-24 and 4-27 sources

6. Sitting and Thinking

from 4-27 source

7. Swan Song or Auturm Lake instrumental

from ??

8. Money

from 6-30-80 source

9. Train Kept A-Rollin'

from various 80's shows

May I point out..it's a shame that "Train kept a-rollin'" is always the song the band say "we first played it together and then the rest is history" but the general public does not even have a recording of it....Sorry Zep fans...So tired of these greatest hits albums over the years and not enough "new" material, live or not, which is floating out there..good times..

unfortunately the sunshine woman bbc session master tape was destroyed. the

only version available is an am radio recording.

it's doubtful jimmy & gang would release such a 'mixed bag' of sound qualities.

i gotta move is from a pre fm master and would be up to par.

sugar momma is an unfinished zep 2 studio outtake.

train kept a rollin would be cool taken from the texas international pop festival

if a multi track could be located. the boots of the soundboard sound kinda muddy and mixed poorly to my ears.

all in all i think it would be viewed as pointless to put in effort to produce and release this stuff unless someone has better source than what's being bootlegged.

No more greatest hits. I love Zep been a fan for 35 years. But enough is enough. Hell The Who gave there fans something new after 25 years. And there another band who has flooded the market with GH after GH album.

I say if there going to re-unite (which I doubt) Give us new material and include it on the tour

"unfortunately the sunshine woman bbc session master tape was destroyed. the

only version available is an am radio recording. "

I wouldn't mind if this was cleaned up and released, although Page might not want to release something of that quality. I'm thinking of the Beatles Anthology and BBC collections, some of that early stuff was extremely primitive but they released it anyway just for historical reasons.

"unfortunately the sunshine woman bbc session master tape was destroyed. the

only version available is an am radio recording. "

I wouldn't mind if this was cleaned up and released, although Page might not want to release something of that quality. I'm thinking of the Beatles Anthology and BBC collections, some of that early stuff was extremely primitive but they released it anyway just for historical reasons.

Ok the way i look at it with sunshine woman, I gotta move, etc. etc...the sounds of each are drastically different...but cleaning them up to the best possible and then releasing them as either "singles" or EPs isn't a bad idea. Like awhile back, Pearl Jam released who knows how many live albums in cardboard cases. like Page could put out all the best of the 4-27-69 show after cleaning it up very good, then do a re-mix of several shows from their last tour and put them out, etc. etc. Good idea if you ask me..fans would eat it up. Like how many live versions of Since i've been loving you do we have officially? But is one out that incoporates "Tea for One" into the show like so many live shows they did after Presence

To me it's a shame that Page is sitting on a goldmine of "fresh, new material" of ZL tunes..and we're crying to hear them officially!

Anyway, the hell with all these greatest hits compilations. one is enough. I can't count all of them on one hand. I know this is the official site, but i think i speak for the fans when i say "Mothership"..cool a new release...oh never mind, just another Early/Latter Days/Boxed set complilation. We're here to talk Zep, debate zep, and want more zep. I think putting out a collection of singles or EPs with "new" tracks would be a good move instead of re-releases albums over and over again.

Archived