Jimmy Magic Fingers Page!

zeppyhedzzz

There's a boot called "Last Rave Up In LA" that's from the same tour as the Anderson Theater show. I have it on vinyl, it's a 2 record set, terrible sound quality (on another message board I read a long time ago a poster was the guy who actually recorded it, the mic was hidden on the person of his pregnant girlfriend).

Are there any other live recordings of the yardbirds other than that one that made jimmy mad and he made that court stop that guy from putting that record out? The Anderson Theatre live one.

Haha funny. So non-specific

On February 15th 1977, Epic destroyed the album masters, parts and lacquers for 'Live Yardbirds Featuring Jimmy Page'. Jimmy received the mastertape in the 80s.

Once The Yardbirds were in the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame, he actually suggested to the others that he produce a collection containing this recording as well as all their studio tracks from New York.

The other Yardbirds would not go for it.

• 2 weeks later...
On February 15th 1977, Epic destroyed the album masters, parts and lacquers for 'Live Yardbirds Featuring Jimmy Page'.

Why would Epic destroy the album masters?

Jimmy received the mastertape in the 80s.

So the complete master still excists?

• 2 months later...

Yes , he does,there is a certian somethin special that also only happens when they all play as Led Zeppelin,as great as each one is you can`t surpass the chemistry they have united .

I have a feeling one of these days there will be some official Jimmy Page-era yardbirds live stuff to come out. I mean, it took a long time for a real CD version of Little Games to come out, let alone Cumular Limit.

I have seen the (french?) TV special they did and it was pretty great. It was pretty clear, though, that by then Jimmy was completely outgrowing the rest of the band. They were either unwilling and/or incapable of going where he was going.

Archived