REAL HOPE !Plant lays out path for Jimmy to start REAL TALKS to see if "IT" can HAPPEN ! Plants latest interview around OCT 12 ,2014

z1inspector

There is so much focus on the Page / Plant discord. However I've noticed RP & JP never say derogatory things about each other as a person, just pissed at what they are doing. As I watched and read the interviews I believe the discord is more between Plant and Jones. In all the Celebration Day interviews, as soon as JPJ is finished speaking, RP in a very dry an British way, slams everything JPJ just said.

JP even makes a joke about on one of his OTD pages.

There is so much focus on the Page / Plant discord. However I've noticed RP & JP never say derogatory things about each other as a person, just pissed at what they are doing. As I watched and read the interviews I believe the discord is more between Plant and Jones. In all the Celebration Day interviews, as soon as JPJ is finished speaking, RP in a very dry an British way, slams everything JPJ just said.

JP even makes a joke about on one of his OTD pages.

what are the "OTD pages" ?

& id love to read his comment, will u locate it for us?

was jimmy IN FACT supposed to be more involved on a second effort ,if there was to be one?

HOW ABOUT clearing up for me a longtime question , in simple words:

"what does being the producer mean " in general AND if varies then ALSO give insite of a "producer" in a Plant/Page colaboration, PLEASE (or anyone)

http://productionadvice.co.uk/what-is-a-producer/

Steve Albini is predominantly a “recording engineer”, in fact that is the title he insists upon. Albini not only rejects the title “producer,” but also the money that typically accompanies it. In fact, he refuses to participate in the “points system” (in which labels pay producers based on record sales) his peers strive for. For Albini, it's not just a matter of semantics, but the devotion to craftsmanship in a trade where he sees himself as a flat-fee documenter, and the band as the sole artistic creators and deserving financial beneficiaries of their own success. This was certainly true with regard to Page/Plant.

what are the "OTD pages" ?

& id love to read his comment, will u locate it for us?

The "On This Day" features on Jimmy's official site, which are archived here:

http://jimmypage-onthisday.tumblr.com/

no no ! NOT A REUNION or ever a TOUR !

i think this was more geared twords the both of them colaborating on new music !

HOWEVER not just that either because, theyve done that b4!

i believe what any of the latest and all future questions or at liest their answers are refering to what Pagey wants=

LED ZEPPELIN ! meaning with Jason in his fathers former position!

i believe even Plant understands this is reguarding the BIG ONE !

Do we (i.e. people who post here) really now what Page wants? Better yet, does Page even know what he wants when it comes to performing and recording again? Sometimes he says a reformed Led Zeppelin. Sometimes he says he wants to work with unknown musicians. If we can believe Robert Plant (I see no reason not to), Page turned down an offer to work with him on non-Zep related acoustic music. The post O2 concert collaboration between Page, JPJ and Jason Bonham didn't work out. My best guess is that Page is suffering from some kind of writers' block. But it's a guess based on the limited information I've read here so I could be way off base.

I think when he talked about a baseline he meant it would have to be something new...maybe partly acoustic and not a full blown "reunion" arena tour like it SEEMS Page wanted and that they really need to communicate on what they'd like and expect from working together.....He seems pretty content with the SSS and after seeing him in Brooklyn on the 28th I can see why...Whether its old blues, West african music or Americana I have enjoyed all his collaborations and don't see Robert taking a major step in to LZ as a huge project. I have bought a boatload of Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf, Sonny Boy Williamson and Blind Willie Johnson as well as JuJu's 3 albums with Justin Adams and Juldeh Camera. sad I missed out on these artists til now. I am not sure we will see Plant and Page work together again which is how life goes. People discover new things, new friends and move on...however-we have been here before, so some kind of joint Page/Plant effort would not completely shock me.

Do we (i.e. people who post here) really now what Page wants? Better yet, does Page even know what he wants when it comes to performing and recording again? Sometimes he says a reformed Led Zeppelin. Sometimes he says he wants to work with unknown musicians. If we can believe Robert Plant (I see no reason not to), Page turned down an offer to work with him on non-Zep related acoustic music. The post O2 concert collaboration between Page, JPJ and Jason Bonham didn't work out. My best guess is that Page is suffering from some kind of writers' block. But it's a guess based on the limited information I've read here so I could be way off base.

i believe "your way off" your rite!

Pagey already has a "ton" of music already written, however ,not recorded!

I think when he talked about a baseline he meant it would have to be something new...maybe partly acoustic and not a full blown "reunion" arena tour like it SEEMS Page wanted and that they really need to communicate on what they'd like and expect from working together.....He seems pretty content with the SSS and after seeing him in Brooklyn on the 28th I can see why...Whether its old blues, West african music or Americana I have enjoyed all his collaborations and don't see Robert taking a major step in to LZ as a huge project. I have bought a boatload of Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf, Sonny Boy Williamson and Blind Willie Johnson as well as JuJu's 3 albums with Justin Adams and Juldeh Camera. sad I missed out on these artists til now. I am not sure we will see Plant and Page work together again which is how life goes. People discover new things, new friends and move on...however-we have been here before, so some kind of joint Page/Plant effort would not completely shock me.

um.....Well your view re: the baseline etc...is a great way to put it however,

.Plant sounded more open or lets say= neutral but less "shut" on the topic.

well at liest i was surprised how much he actually said on the topic!

• 2 weeks later...

I think part of the reason the response got as much attention as it did from Robert was someone had a little boy ask the ? and Robert was trying to be nice as possible even though I believe the ?'s answer was stated at the opening of the interview already. watching robert's interaction with SSS live hints to me he will be with these guys a while which is fine with me. Their version of Howlin wolf's How Many More Years ...I never saw a band look like they were having that much fun. Yeah it made me a blues latecomer I went out and bought a bunch after this show...Those Chess boxes sure are getting hard to find. I think LZ's's legacy stands just fine on what they accomplished 68-80 and in 07 for one night only." Played out" is spot on re "reunion" that would always be ....one person short.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/led-zeppelins-robert-plant-turns-4595788

"Branson had planned to have the staircase of the Starship jet renamed the Stairway to Heaven after the band’s 70s hit and was going to sell off the back 20 rows of the aircraft as special Led Zep seats for £100,000 each."

Sir Richard should have taken a page out Lorne Michaels book and offered Led Zeppelin $6,000, to be split equally 4 ways, with the option to give Jason a little less, to reunite. Maybe then he would have had a fighting chance.

How can I read this after reading more recent news of Robert turning down $500 million? We have been over this many times and even I now accept its Not happening

That was 500 million British Pounds, equivalent to nearly $800 million US dollars

Archived