REAL HOPE !Plant lays out path for Jimmy to start REAL TALKS to see if "IT" can HAPPEN ! Plants latest interview around OCT 12 ,2014

z1inspector

Already posted several days ago. It is a wonderful interview but I did not find any comments in the interview that would suggest what you are implying.

i guess its just NICE to hear from plant that :

its NOT an entirely DEAD issue ! RITE?

& thats news to me!

i guess "that" is the GOOD news!

There must be something wrong with me because I do not understand how something said so clearly and distinctly is interpreted to mean the opposite.

well ITS A CLEAR SIGHN that its NOT A DEAD ISSUE !

thats all i am trying to say!

i guess thats the GOOD news i was refering to!

that IS new!

Interview with Jon Pareles (At about 2:37)

Pareles: Let's let the elephant out of the room. Are you planning a Led Zeppelin Reunion anytime soon? (Audience laughter).

Plant: I bought some new boots recently (laughter) and I'm too big for them already. No, I'm doing fine as I am, thank you.

Audience Q&A

Kid (looks to be about 11): What is your relationship with Jimmy Page and will you ever perform with him?

Plant: Well... (Pause audience laughter). I don't know. (Pause more audience laughter) The thing is.. you know.. I never had any brothers. So I always look for brothers. I always look for the guy that might be my brother... and these conditions sometimes seem to be seasonal, they seem to go in cycles and you get very attached in parts of your life, you haven't felt this yet but you might like someone today and it might be difficult later on down the line and um... so basically by and large, I, my relationship with Jimmy Page is ... um... um... I like the guy a lot... and we don't really communicate very much now. We do different things so.. we do some things occasionally together....um. But not much...

My interpretation of Plant's answer:

Once upon a time Jimmy Page and I were close. We spent a lot of time together while we were in Led Zeppelin with all of the touring, recording and such. We conquered the rock music world together. Anytime you go through such an intense experience with someone a certain bond develops between the two of you. However, Jimmy and I are very different people. We experience the world differently; communicate differently. We don't have much in common besides our shared history in Led Zeppelin. Since he doesn't perform or record any more we don't even have music in common now. He was part of an important period in my life and I wish him well but, I wouldn't say that we are mates. Cordial business associates is a more accurate description of our current relationship.

Am I the only one here who couldn't care less what they continue to say about each other in the press? They'll never perform together again. Deal with it.

+1 it's not going to happen. The guys are old, the 02 was a one off. Just let the band members be, ffs.

I'm getting tired of people asking Page and Plant if they are going to do a reunion. If I, just a random hardcore fan is getting frustrated at the amount of people asking about a reunion, imagine how Plant and Page must feel about it.

Even at the height of my addiction to Live Zeppelin I would not want them to perform now. Its over! its been over for a long long time. IMHO what people saw at the 02 was only a shadow of the former led Zeppelin propped up by myth, legend, the son of a long gone band mate and the love of the fans but Its like trying to hold on to the ghosts of summer, anything more and they become a parody of themselves. Maybe Jimmy uses the specter of a reunion to promote his new endeavours but Robert has put the matter to rest so stop listening to Jimmy's spiel and let Robert rest in piece and you will eventually find your own.

:chickeddance:

My interpretation of Plant's answer:

Once upon a time Jimmy Page and I were close. We spent a lot of time together while we were in Led Zeppelin with all of the touring, recording and such. We conquered the rock music world together. Anytime you go through such an intense experience with someone a certain bond develops between the two of you. However, Jimmy and I are very different people. We experience the world differently; communicate differently. We don't have much in common besides our shared history in Led Zeppelin. Since he doesn't perform or record any more we don't even have music in common now. He was part of an important period in my life and I wish him well but, I wouldn't say that we are mates. Cordial business associates is a more accurate description of our current relationship.

That's exactly my interpretation too. Thanks for wording it so eloquently.

I think if Jimmy went to Robert with following idea, he MIGHT think about it seriously:

Smaller venues

Allow some of the Space Shifters on stage with them (Juldeh Camara)

Play ONLY the RARE songs that were never or only rarely performed before

Give JPJ a much bigger spotlight

Name it differently (NOT "Led Zeppelin")

Am I the only one here who couldn't care less what they continue to say about each other in the press? They'll never perform together again. Deal with it.

I agree with this; however, there is so much tension, and so much angst between Jimmy and Robert, that they'll probably fall into each others arms and prove us all wrong. ;)

I think if Jimmy went to Robert with following idea, he MIGHT think about it seriously:

Smaller venues

Allow some of the Space Shifters on stage with them (Juldeh Camara)

Play ONLY the RARE songs that were never or only rarely performed before

Give JPJ a much bigger spotlight

Name it differently (NOT "Led Zeppelin")

I agree with this; however, there is so much tension, and so much angst between Jimmy and Robert, that they'll probably fall into each others arms and prove us all wrong. ;)

I sense neither tension nor angst. It's simply...done...played out...over...and has been for years.

I sense neither tension nor angst. It's simply...done...played out...over...and has been for years.

I think that their continued bickering in the media, and their continued critique of each other's action and inactions, would indicate an underlying tension. They have been less than complimentary of each other lately, but I do agree that it has been over for years.

I think that their continued bickering in the media, and their continued critique of each other's action and inactions, would indicate an underlying tension. They have been less than complimentary of each other lately, but I do agree that it has been over for years.

Probably is underlying tension over one unable to move on without the other but the bickering in the press...'88...'93...'08...'14...it's really nothing new.

Their 'continued bickering' has much to do with Plant's irreverence and general tongue in cheek attitude being taken totally out of context - where it then filters down to Page who seems to view everything in a much more serious light - than a 'continued critique'.

Being asked the same thing over and over again must get exceptionally boring, and nowadays Plant seems to get around that generally by trying to get a laugh out of people with a lot of his answers. It only takes someone without an appreciation of his bone dry sense of humour to take what he has said literally, rather than in the spirit it was given, to start a whole new round of speculation. The 'Well, I'm free in 2014' comment is just such a case in point.

Their 'continued bickering' has much to do with Plant's irreverence and general tongue in cheek attitude being taken totally out of context - where it then filters down to Page who seems to view everything in a much more serious light - than a 'continued critique'.

Being asked the same thing over and over again must get exceptionally boring, and nowadays Plant seems to get around that generally by trying to get a laugh out of people with a lot of his answers. It only takes someone without an appreciation of his bone dry sense of humour to take what he has said literally, rather than in the spirit it was given, to start a whole new round of speculation. The 'Well, I'm free in 2014' comment is just such a case in point.

I totally agree, but Plant also uses humor to avoid accountability. He can say whatever he wants and never be accountable to it, by simpling claiming that he was joking around. Jimmy has a good sense of humor, but he is so emotionally invested in all things Zeppelin, that he hangs on every word that might be construed in favor of his hopes. It does get tiring.

I really enjoyed that interview. I haven't seen Plant that relaxed in ages and he seemed quite honest with his answers. The one problem I did have was the discussion of "Fate of Nations". I still think it's the finest post-Zep solo release, and I attribute part of that to the fine production by Glenn Hughes. Plant seems to feel otherwise, and mentioned that he has no interest anymore in "being produced." I think that's a shame. I also take it as some insight as to why Steve Albini was chosen for "Walking into Clarksdale". It must have been Plant's wish to go in that direction, and Jimmy, without much bargaining power, willingly went along for the ride. I wouldn't be surprised that the thought of Jimmy being more active during the production of the planned second album may have been a factor in Plant abandoning the project. Just a thought...

I really enjoyed that interview. I haven't seen Plant that relaxed in ages and he seemed quite honest with his answers. The one problem I did have was the discussion of "Fate of Nations". I still think it's the finest post-Zep solo release, and I attribute part of that to the fine production by Glenn Hughes...

Is this the same Glenn Hughes who was in Deep Purple and Black Country Communion?

This is exactly how I feel.. Couldn't agree more.. Jimmy got all wound up by the "I'm not doing anything in 2014" comment from Robert without seeing the interview..

It was so obvious that Robert was trying to be funny, off the cuff, whatever..

Time to let it go..

I think many posters are okay with Zep never reforming again but are still intrigued by Plant and Page's relationship. I count myself among this group. Yeah, I know it's absolutely none of my business what either man thinks of the other but I've always been interested in what makes people tick.

+1 it's not going to happen. The guys are old, the 02 was a one off. Just let the band members be, ffs.

I'm getting tired of people asking Page and Plant if they are going to do a reunion. If I, just a random hardcore fan is getting frustrated at the amount of people asking about a reunion, imagine how Plant and Page must feel about it.

no no ! NOT A REUNION or ever a TOUR !

i think this was more geared twords the both of them colaborating on new music !

HOWEVER not just that either because, theyve done that b4!

i believe what any of the latest and all future questions or at liest their answers are refering to what Pagey wants=

LED ZEPPELIN ! meaning with Jason in his fathers former position!

i believe even Plant understands this is reguarding the BIG ONE !

I really enjoyed that interview. I haven't seen Plant that relaxed in ages and he seemed quite honest with his answers. The one problem I did have was the discussion of "Fate of Nations". I still think it's the finest post-Zep solo release, and I attribute part of that to the fine production by Glenn Hughes. Plant seems to feel otherwise, and mentioned that he has no interest anymore in "being produced." I think that's a shame. I also take it as some insight as to why Steve Albini was chosen for "Walking into Clarksdale". It must have been Plant's wish to go in that direction, and Jimmy, without much bargaining power, willingly went along for the ride. I wouldn't be surprised that the thought of Jimmy being more active during the production of the planned second album may have been a factor in Plant abandoning the project. Just a thought...

was jimmy IN FACT supposed to be more involved on a second effort ,if there was to be one?

HOW ABOUT clearing up for me a longtime question , in simple words:

"what does being the producer mean " in general AND if varies then ALSO give insite of a "producer" in a Plant/Page colaboration, PLEASE (or anyone)

I think many posters are okay with Zep never reforming again but are still intrigued by Plant and Page's relationship. I count myself among this group. Yeah, I know it's absolutely none of my business what either man thinks of the other but I've always been interested in what makes people tick.

i am the same way , just a side note= what they need to be reminded is JONSEY brought in alot of their ideas also.

thats what their sound needed ! or was missing on the WTC album

Plant's comment about "2014" had nothing to do with LZ...He has said many times throughout the years that he would be open to working with Jimmy (and probably Jones as well) under the right conditions. That has nothing to do with LZ. There hasn't been a LZ since 1980. Plant has reiterated that point in pretty much every interview since then. The fact that it took Jimmy until 2014 to figure that out is the real travesty here.

i am the same way , just a side note= what they need to be reminded is JONSEY brought in alot of their ideas also.

thats what their sound needed ! or was missing on the WTC album

From what I've read, the probability of Jones and Plant working together again is even less than Plant working with Page again. Plant mentioned in a long ago interview that he and Jones' have very different work methods. Recording In Through The Out Door was particularly tough because they didn't have Page and Bonham in the studio to "translate" for them.

Archived