2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

Well, I would hate to call a division race over in July, but who had the Yankees in 1st place at this point in the season, with a 4.5 game cushion over the 2nd place team.

And Albert Pujols is definitely back this year. I don't know if he'll ever hit close to .300 again for batting average, but if he smacks about 40 bombs and drives in 100, I would think Angels fan would be happy with that.

I'm wondering if Detroit will be on the seller's market soon--again, I hate to call a race in July, but it doesn't look too good for the Tigers as far as the division race goes. I'm guessing David Price would be an attractive piece for a contender's rotation--Royals maybe or maybe the Dodgers, hmmm....

smiley-confused002.gif

No it would be a mistake to call it now. They were fortunate to win those one run games. We need a spark and I expect a trade looms? Maybe Flaherty will be dealt? I think they are too high on Shcoop and I am so one of them would be likely involved. I would not be shocked to see Tommy Hunter dealt either. Maybe if we are in the running for Samarzjdia. I see that KC is at St Louis tonight. That should be an interesting series. I will bet the Royals tonight with Young over Lackey

Well, I would hate to call a division race over in July, but who had the Yankees in 1st place at this point in the season, with a 4.5 game cushion over the 2nd place team.

smiley-confused002.gif

65-67 games left in the season, give or take a couple. You do the math, hehe.

And yes, us Angels fans are happy to finally have Pujols at least partially resemble his former self. Before, for months at a time, you wondered if he even had a pulse...he was like a zombie.

No it would be a mistake to call it now. They were fortunate to win those one run games. We need a spark and I expect a trade looms? Maybe Flaherty will be dealt? I think they are too high on Shcoop and I am so one of them would be likely involved. I would not be shocked to see Tommy Hunter dealt either. Maybe if we are in the running for Samarzjdia. I see that KC is at St Louis tonight. That should be an interesting series. I will bet the Royals tonight with Young over Lackey

Maybe Buck Showalter will be canned?

Man, if the Orioles can't beat the Yankees this year, when the Yanks were down and the Os supposed contenders, when will they?

What a letdown it must be for Black Bird fans.

I haven't even turned the game on yet...and now I don't really want to...

This is not acceptable and its not the way the first two games went. I am not going to allow one series to make be believe that suddenly we do not have it. Buck has to do some things fast. But they can turn this around, all teams go through it. Sure, I could sell my tickets and cancel my hotel. But no, I am not giving up on them. But that fucking Angelos had best pony up the money to keep guys like Wieters and go out and get us a guy like Samardzjia. Its too bad Tillman was not on schedule to pitch in this series or Miguel. They missed our best two guys. Luck of the draw. And today is an anomaly. Payback will come. Do not forget what we did to them at Camden either. 11-3. Its a marathon, not a sprint.

This is not acceptable and its not the way the first two games went. I am not going to allow one series to make be believe that suddenly we do not have it. Buck has to do some things fast. But they can turn this around, all teams go through it. Sure, I could sell my tickets and cancel my hotel. But no, I am not giving up on them. But that fucking Angelos had best pony up the money to keep guys like Wieters and go out and get us a guy like Samardzjia. Its too bad Tillman was not on schedule to pitch in this series or Miguel. They missed our best two guys. Luck of the draw. And today is an anomaly. Payback will come. Do not forget what we did to them at Camden either. 11-3. Its a marathon, not a sprint.

Nobody is suggesting you cancel your pilgrimage to Camden Yards, Rick. I'm sure the Os get it going soon.

But if they don't, will the natives get restless and start calling for Buck's head? He seems to have a bit of teflon in avoiding the blame as the Os have underperformed the last few seasons. Angels manager Mike Scoscia has the same coat of teflon.

This Yankee team reminds me of a few years ago when everyone expected the Red Sox to suck and they ended up winning the World Series.

Edited by Strider

^ The Yankees have been more of a gamble, the last few years. This season has had less prolonged injuries than last - as long as they can keep most of their older players in the lineup, it will overcome the mediocre starting pitching. Acquiring Miller as the closer was a big move, since it also seems to have affected the Orioles being able to hold onto wins late in games. As much as I like Joe Girardi, I still think Showalter has done more career-wise - in elevating teams he has taken over.

My manager of the year is the Houston manager. Then Maddon. And the Twins manager has to be mentioned as well as Tampa's. My tickets are printed. I have the option of using my I-5 also if the Stub Hub app is needed. We are heading out Monday morning. Someone here that is a friend of mine that owns an auto repair shop has recomnmended a place called Crabby Dick's and says they have great crab cakes? I will see if EBK has ever been there or heard of it? She has given us a ton of great advice. My friend did say he used the boat taxi they have down there. But I am still up in the air on the Aqaurium. My wife wants to go there. I would have gone to two games if it were up to me. Women! :rolleyes::wall:

I've heard of Crabby Dick's, but I've never been there, so I can't vouch for the food.

You should check out TripAdvisor and see if there's anything recommended that interests you...and your wife. And hey, if it were me, I'd go to both games and the last time I checked, I was a woman ;) In fact, the only reason we're not going to 5 games in Seattle is that we need to check out the fabulous restaurants there for dinner! So I have to settle for 2 :D

Boy did Paul's Mets luck out in not having to face Grienke this weekend, thanks to Grienke flying back to be with his pregnant wife. Of course, they still had to face Kershaw, who blanked them and had a perfect game into the 7th inning. Kershaw also became the first pitcher in the Modern Era to pitch three consecutive shutouts with 10 or more strikeouts.

He seems to have overcome whatever was ailing him at the beginning of the season. These numbers aren't really that surprising, though...we know Kershaw can do this in the regular season.

The important thing will be what he does in the postseason. That is what everyone is waiting to find out. Can he finally carry his regular season form over into the playoffs?

I've heard of Crabby Dick's, but I've never been there, so I can't vouch for the food.

You should check out TripAdvisor and see if there's anything recommended that interests you...and your wife. And hey, if it were me, I'd go to both games and the last time I checked, I was a woman ;) In fact, the only reason we're not going to 5 games in Seattle is that we need to check out the fabulous restaurants there for dinner! So I have to settle for 2 :D

I am sick over this. Tillman pitches another gem, 2 hitter and O'Day comes in and blows the fucking game. 4 loss's in a row. Yankees are gonig to lose too but its no consolation. Buck had best take them aside and rip someone a new one. I can't believe O'Day blew this game. Machado is the only guy that is dependable. He gets hit by a pitch on purpose after a mistake by Tillman. Dirty bastard of a team are Tampa. Tomorrow Gonzalez best stop the bleeding. I picked a bad time to go down there. This is the worse they have played in ages. Davis was talking to one of the guys on the bench so at least he is aware of the situation. Its called wake up and do it now. they just handed them a game they had won. 4 outs from a win. O'Day let them down big time. But so did the offense. Or lack of it. I am not sure why they have given so much faith to Parmalee and Reimnuts. Lately they have done shit. Call someone up from AAA that is hot. They do have a couple guys down there that have earned a shot. I have looked at the order and my guess is Jiminez may go in the game i will see? But its likely not written in stone if Buck calls someone up or makes a trade. I do not want to see Norris again. He has killed us all year. I expect them to have fire in them tomorrow, at least I know Manny and Adam Jones will.

Well, not that I'm throwing in the proverbial towel as far as the division race goes--but the way things look now, the Mets are up against it for the division and in the Wild Card standings.

I think I've run out of ways to describe how much the Mets offense stinks--this will certainly feel like a wasted season if the Mets don't get into the playoffs...

<_<

Edited by paul carruthers

Well, not that I'm throwing in the proverbial towel as far as the division race goes--but the way things look now, the Mets are up against it for the division and in the Wild Card standings.

I think I've run out of ways to describe how much the Mets offense stinks--this will certainly feel like a wasted season if the Mets don't get into the playoffs...

<_<

How do you feel about the two guys they traded for last night? At least they're doing something.

^^ Juan Uribe and Kelly Johnson don't exactly light me on fire, nor do I think they will put any juice into the Mets lineup--I was hoping if the Mets made any moves, it would be some kind of swap with the Rockies. I guess time will tell whether this latest deal produces results....

Still in Vegas but still keeping up with the Cardinals. Cardinals win the game against the Braves 1-0 with only 2 hits. Gotta Love them Cardinals!!! Still the best team in baseball.

Still in Vegas but still keeping up with the Cardinals. Cardinals win the game against the Braves 1-0 with only 2 hits. Gotta Love them Cardinals!!! Still the best team in baseball.

Playing the slots? Cards? Good luck

Well, I'm sure that outburst by the Mets yesterday won't be repeated today--not with Greinke going for the Dodgers. And suddenly--maybe not out of nowhere--deGrom has become the ace of this staff. Hope we can get the kid a few runs today...

Could be a 2-1 deal? Oh, I see its 2-0 already. The O's have woken up it seems. Up 5-2. Leaving for Md tomorrow. After the headache of a friend spotting a nail in my driver side front tire last night at a carnival. But he may have saved me headaches later. i will get it plugged early in morning. Its in a good place at least. Between the studs. I hope to get to the hotel by mid to late afternoon. checking out the Inner Harbor online.

^^ Have a good trip Rick. :wave:

The way things are going today, 2 runs may be enough for deGrom to get a W--my only question is will he go the distance; I think his pitch count so far is pretty low for 7 innings--we shall see...

Thanks. Sorry to see the 2-0 lead was blown. Shit like that really gets me mad when my team does it. Like the other night O'Day. Now the Twins decide to lay down like the shit bags they are. We have to murder them in Baltimore and perhaps for the wild card. KC just picked up that pitcher from Cincy I heard. Cincy is going to be a good team soon. Strike 3!!! O's win. See you at Camden boys!! Gausman tomorrow so I am guessing I will see Jiminez? Do correct me if anyone knows different?

Thanks. Sorry to see the 2-0 lead was blown. Shit like that really gets me mad when my team does it. Like the other night O'Day. Now the Twins decide to lay down like the shit bags they are. We have to murder them in Baltimore and perhaps for the wild card. KC just picked up that pitcher from Cincy I heard. Cincy is going to be a good team soon. Strike 3!!! O's win. See you at Camden boys!! Gausman tomorrow so I am guessing I will see Jiminez? Do correct me if anyone knows different?

Looks like Jiminez it is...

Looks like Jiminez it is...

That is fine by me. Can't wait! I just heard Brach is signing autographs at some store down there on Wed from 11-noon. If it was Machado or Davis I think I would have to attend. My next jersey is going to have Machado or Hardy on it. Of course I have Wieter's and we had best not let him get away

Edited by LedZeppfan77