2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

Somebody in the Mets front office has to make a move & soon--the starters in the pitching rotation have been (for the most part) too good to see it all wasted because the offense can't get bupkis on the scoreboard....

<_<

How about those Cubs Curly? My boys need to get back on track in Chi town. Schoop was 2-4 in rehab with a homer yesterday. His return is close. Had the Marlins again yesterday. But now they go play those improving Cubbies.

^^ How about the Cubs? I guess when your offense is scoring 1 run or less, you should get your ass swept. It's shaping up to be another long year in Mets land & as I've railed about before, no playoffs for the Mets this year should send Terry Collins packing. The pitching is too good not to be playing October baseball, even if it's a one game playoff....

Texas had a solid series up in Baltimore, Rick that was a good game this evening, I listened to most of it in the garage while doing yard work.

Strider, the Angles are coming to town, should be a great series.

It should be in theory, but the Angels poor road record worries me. Contrary to what Rick says, the Angels have been playing well or at least winning of late...but they were on a 9-game home-stand. Now to see if they can carry their winning over on the road.

Surprisingly, the Angels have won in Texas fairly regularly in recent years. But I wouldn't be surprised if Texas swept the Angels this weekend, especially with the way the pitching rotation is set up.

Well, I've run out of ways to gripe about how bad the Mets offense is--of course, last night was to be expected with Kershaw going for the Dodgers. We need some pop in the worst way...

baseball_zpsa6498512.gif

I cant believe the Mets go out west and win vs Kershaw. WTF? Yes I bet the Dodgers. And Tampa who fucked me in the 12th inning after scoring 2 runs in the top of the 12th I thought they had it. My O's were blanked. Schoop needs to be put in the lineup right now!! Jim Palmer has said it on TV and why doesn't Buck wake up and get it done? He knows they need him and even though Ryan Flaherty has done a nice job, he is useless vs left handed pitchers. Get Jonathan in there. He is a better ball player than most realize. Power, defense and we need him now. Reinhold will go down and his wife is ready to pop out a young one. God bless him. So go have the baby and use his spot to clear way for Schoop. Not sure about the plans with Parmalee. Davis is striking out like crazy but when he connects, the ball winds up in the nearest parking lot. Taking Greinke over Harvey today. Better team. Pitchers both great but Dodgers far better team

Angels couldn't get the sweep against those Damn Yankees, losing the third game. What really hurts is that the Astros keep winning...not even the Royals could win a game off Houston. Looking like Wild Card or bust for the Halos. Of course, that never hurt the Giants.

Nice job yesterday bringing Texas down to Earth

I am still sick over that catch by the right fielder of the White Sox that robbed us. Chris Davis hit the ball and everyone thought it was gone. He got under it just a bit too much and even though it was home run worthy, the low fences they have their allowed for the fucker to catch the ball on the other side of the fence, thus beating us 3-2 in a game Machado had just tied with his own blast. Payback should be coming this afternoon. And has anyone noticed the Brewers? 7 wins in a row.

The Brewers have won 7 straight? I guess that is news--even though they still stink. It's amazing to me how St. Louis is lapping that whole NL Central--I guess we can book the Cardinals for another trip to the NLCS....

And rather than gripe about the Mutts again, I'll just say that this season seems to be flying by. Hard to believe we are almost at the all star break....

The Brewers have won 7 straight? I guess that is news--even though they still stink. It's amazing to me how St. Louis is lapping that whole NL Central--I guess we can book the Cardinals for another trip to the NLCS....

And rather than gripe about the Mutts again, I'll just say that this season seems to be flying by. Hard to believe we are almost at the all star break....

Well they stink a bit less now. And I have been SCREAMING FOR SHCOOP TO COME UP. He is playing. First at bat, hits it in the cheap seats, 2-0 Orioles

Gonzalez pitching great and Pearce having a big day on D. Go O's!!!!! Got a bundle on them

AL All Star roster is a fucking travesty. Adam Jones is the best center fielder in the game. I know injuries kept Wieters and Machado from having a shot, but I assure you next year they will be representing their positions. No fucking way is Donaldson as good as Manny. The AL team is a joke.

I still can't get used to hearing people talk about the Royals as a good team. I must have suffered brain damage and imagined the last year of baseball here in KC.

Two Saint Louis Cardinals have been voted as starters for the 2015 All-Star Game: Matt Holliday (OF) and Jhonny Peralta (SS).

Because I am very biased, I think that Yadier Molina ©, Kolten Wong (2B) and Matt Carpenter (3B) should have been voted in also.

As for the pitchers, who will be revealed later today, I have a strong feeling that Michael Wacha, Carlos Martinez and StL. closer Trevor Rosenthal will make the All-Star team.

No Baltimore Orioles, New York Yankees, Chicago Cubs or Los Angeles Dodgers, etc... Only 13 teams are represented from both Leagues. 4 players from Kansas City, 2 from Saint Louis and 2 from Miami.

I don't know if this season will be any different from past years--as far as Cole Hamels being "trade bait." Speaking as just a fan, I don't see why the Phillies--a team that might lose 100 games--would want to keep Hamels; unless of course, the Phillies brass is asking for too much in a return. We shall see....

Two Saint Louis Cardinals have been voted as starters for the 2015 All-Star Game: Matt Holliday (OF) and Jhonny Peralta (SS).

Because I am very biased, I think that Yadier Molina ©, Kolten Wong (2B) and Matt Carpenter (3B) should have been voted in also.

As for the pitchers, who will be revealed later today, I have a strong feeling that Michael Wacha, Carlos Martinez and StL. closer Trevor Rosenthal will make the All-Star team.

No Baltimore Orioles, New York Yankees, Chicago Cubs or Los Angeles Dodgers, etc... Only 13 teams are represented from both Leagues. 4 players from Kansas City, 2 from Saint Louis and 2 from Miami.

Let me start with my team. I realie Machado and Wieters were out for season beginning so cant qualify this year. But Adam Jones? Really? Best center fielder in baseball. I agree with you on Wong. And the whole thing is a travesty.

Here is a trade I like and predict is possible. We trade Ryan Flaherty to the selling White Sox who desperately need a 2nd baseman. For Samardzjia. And whatever else it takes within reason. Schoop returns. First at bat, ball in the cheap seats. Paul, your Mets shock me. They got their pop and pitching to boot

^^ Yeah, the Mets bats came to life for one game--it happens like that sometimes, but I won't be a bit surprised if they revert back to their norm of 2 runs or less in this upcoming series with the G-Men.

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but the Mets brass has to do something before the trade deadline. I see your O's are playing the Twinkies. Not an easy road for the birds as the Twinkies are one of the surprise teams of this season, along with the Astros....

AL All Star roster is a fucking travesty. Adam Jones is the best center fielder in the game. I know injuries kept Wieters and Machado from having a shot, but I assure you next year they will be representing their positions. No fucking way is Donaldson as good as Manny. The AL team is a joke.

To hell he is. Adam Jones is good but Mike Trout is better. :P Ask every GM in baseball and the majority of them would take Trout over Jones.

As difficult as it is to sweep a series, I won't crow about the Angels sweeping Texas over the weekend because it's possible the Rangers are just a lousy team. Plus, with the whole Josh Hamilton debacle the Angels were surely motivated to crush Texas.

Now, if the Halos sweep a team like the Astros or Orioles, then I'll crow.

To hell he is. Adam Jones is good but Mike Trout is better. :P Ask every GM in baseball and the majority of them would take Trout over Jones.

As difficult as it is to sweep a series, I won't crow about the Angels sweeping Texas over the weekend because it's possible the Rangers are just a lousy team. Plus, with the whole Josh Hamilton debacle the Angels were surely motivated to crush Texas.

Now, if the Halos sweep a team like the Astros or Orioles, then I'll crow.

Jones is far better defensively. Trout is a better all around hitter. I say Jones is all around better. He has a ton of power also. When do we come to LA?

^ I don't stay up for west coast games, so I haven't really seen much of Mike Trout actually playing. Sounds like an exciting player to follow, though. Looks like a big boy, for a centerfielder - can he continue performing at that position, once he's 30+?

Archived