2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

Not that what I say really matters any, however, I really feel that these allegations against the Saint Louis Cardinals are and were not done with the approval of any of the higher-ups in the Saint Louis Cardinals Organization. The Cardinals are one of the most respected and envied teams in all of American Sports. That is a real fact. I know that Myself but I have also read that in a couple of newspapers that I read yesterday. Those papers said the same thing. I think that this (alleged) perpetration was committed by one or two IT people that knew the passwords of the person that left Saint Louis to become GM of the Houston Astros.

I will admit that this is not a good thing for the Saint Louis' Cardinals image, making major negative headlines, however, I fully believe that, at the end of this investigation, the Saint Louis Cardinals and their whole Organization will be exonerated. I do hope that the person(s) responsible for this alleged illegal activity be removed and jailed if such consequence is warranted.

I must stress again that I really believe that NO current Cardinals players or coaches were involved in this. The great Cardinals team and staff want to win games, They do not care about former assistants to the GM and what his passwords are/were. The Cardinals are in the elite of the National League and the Houston Astros are now an American League team and the Astros lost 100+ games in 2011, 2012 and 2013. The Cardinals were in the National League Championship Series those 3 years (+2014) and won the 2011 World Series.

The Saint Louis Cardinals do not and have no reason to "cheat". Their team is all that is needed to win games, playoffs, championships and even World Series titles.

Those rotten Tigers and their lack of a bullpen cost me $145. Fuckers. And SF can never win when i need them to. First time I have EVER bet on them and they get blanked. Thanks to my Orioles I still wound up winning. The Phillies are heaven sent.

Not that a lot of people care, but the "Mighty" Saint Louis Cardinals and Their Organization are going to be fully exonerated in the days and weeks to come. The actual Cardinals line-up, players and coaches are going to continue to dominate the National League. They already have more All-Star votes then any other National League team, and at least 4 starters repping the Cardinals.

If things do go wrong for the Cardinals in regards to this unfortunate situation, maybe these "alleged hackers" have hacked their way into the near future and "hacked" their way for the Saint Louis Cardinals to win the 2015 World Series. When the Saint Louis Cardinals make it to and win (again) the National League Pennant, millions of people who's teams failed to win will again revert to this "nonsense".

Computer passwords and actual player performances do not even belong in the same sentence (besides this one).

Not that a lot of people care, but the "Mighty" Saint Louis Cardinals and Their Organization are going to be fully exonerated in the days and weeks to come. The actual Cardinals line-up, players and coaches are going to continue to dominate the National League. They already have more All-Star votes then any other National League team, and at least 4 starters repping the Cardinals.

If things do go wrong for the Cardinals in regards to this unfortunate situation, maybe these "alleged hackers" have hacked their way into the near future and "hacked" their way for the Saint Louis Cardinals to win the 2015 World Series. When the Saint Louis Cardinals make it to and win (again) the National League Pennant, millions of people who's teams failed to win will again revert to this "nonsense".

Computer passwords and actual player performances do not even belong in the same sentence (besides this one).

If you think they are a lock to win or get to the NLCS you are on drugs. You have other teams to deal with pal. The Dodgers will be a player. And so will the Cubs. Yes the Cubs. Pabelbon is rumored to want to go there and it sounds like it may happen. The blue Jays also want him. I hope he goes to the Cubs. Big big win in Toronto for my boys to lesson the pain of Davis's KO to end last nights game with a runner on 3rd base. Davis must wake up and make better contact. He is pissing me off. But we continue to find a way to win. I want the Tigers to win tonight and need KC to hammer Boston to cash a nice parlay with my boys

Can we please play the Phillies every night?

I agree. In the last two games against the Phillies, the Cardinals have scored 22 runs against the Phillies 5 runs (and there was no hacking or cheating involved. Just pure baseball showmanship and a lot of hits and homeruns).

A guy throws a near-perfect game and nobody can be bothered to express congratulations? Come on people...wake up! Matt Scherzer just achieved possibly the two greatest games back-to-back by a pitcher. A 16-strikeout performance followed by a no-hitter.

Recognize.

^^ Even though it was well before my time, I would have to go with Johnny Vander Meer for the greatest back to back pitching performances. But--having said that--Scherzer's last 2 starts are pretty close to the greatest--just don't expect a Mets lover like me to throw him any bouquets.

:P

I agree. In the last two games against the Phillies, the Cardinals have scored 22 runs against the Phillies 5 runs (and there was no hacking or cheating involved. Just pure baseball showmanship and a lot of hits and homeruns).

And today I bet the Cards and so far they are down. How the fuck does Baltimore blow a 7-0 lead in the top of the 2nd? HOW? HAPPY FUCK ME FATHERS DAY!!! 9-8 as somehow Davis hit one out. Get your ass in gear Showalter and figure out your damn pitching staff!!!! Ship Tillman and Norris out and get these young arms up to stay

A guy throws a near-perfect game and nobody can be bothered to express congratulations? Come on people...wake up! Matt Scherzer just achieved possibly the two greatest games back-to-back by a pitcher. A 16-strikeout performance followed by a no-hitter.

Recognize.

Sorry...shoulda said something, but I was so disappointed in the hit batsman. It would even have been better if it had been a walk.

Still, it's a marvelous accomplishment and the Gnats certainly needed the boost. Hooray Mr. Scherzer!!!!

Well, in attempt to lighten the mood--I was thinking how smart I look picking the Mariners to win the AL West. :rolleyes: Even the "King" has looked pretty mortal his last few starts.

And one thing that has not changed much from past years--the Tigers own the Indians.

I'll try not to waste any more verbiage on the stinkin' Mets...

Is it safe to say that Pujols is back to being his old self during his Cardinal years? Sean can probably speak on this subject better than me, seeing as how I don't stay up late enough for the West Coast games, but judging by the highlights, Albert is mashing practically every night. Maybe not enough to justify the contract the Angels gave him & the batting average isn't great, but if Pujols ends up hitting 40 bombs and drive in close to 100, I would think Angels fans would be cool with that--correct me if I'm wrong....

Well, in attempt to lighten the mood--I was thinking how smart I look picking the Mariners to win the AL West. :rolleyes: Even the "King" has looked pretty mortal his last few starts.

And one thing that has not changed much from past years--the Tigers own the Indians.

I'll try not to waste any more verbiage on the stinkin' Mets...

Remember, I picked the Marlins to win...something. It all looks so rosy at the beginning of the season :D

Archived