2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

Fucking Showalter must have brain damage. Down 5-2 with the bases loaded, Davis who cannot hit the broad side of a fucking barn grounds into a felders choice. Oh, that made it 5-2. so with 2 down and the bases loaded up comes this sack of shit catcher who is in for Joseph giving him a rest. His batting average is fucking pathetic and he is 0-9 lifetime with the bases juiced. So WHY ON FUCKING EARTH DOESN'T BUCK PINCH HIT JOSEPH OR HARDY AND GIVE US A CHANCE? EASY OUT FOR THE PATHETIC FISH AND WE GO DOWN AND LOSE A GAME THAT WE COULD HAVE RALLIED IN. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS GUY DOING? I am fed up. Wieters and Schoop had best be back fast. Use Wieters in a DH capacity you idiot. The rest of the division is falling apart around us and we are pulling our collective pricks.

Another ass-whoopin' handed to the Mets by Pittsburgh--this is exactly why I was trying not to get too excited about that April winning streak. The other shoe has dropped and now the Mutts are 2.5 back of Washington & as the season grinds on, I'm afirad that lead will get even bigger.

Oh well, maybe the Mets can still contend for one of the Wild Card spots--or my long suffering with this team will continue into 2016...

smiley-sad006.gif

Michael Wacha of the Saint Louis Cardinals is the first pitcher in the National League to win 7 games. His record is 7 wins and 0 losses. Even though the Cardinals have lost Adam Wainwright for this year, so far it has not negatively affected the Cardinals, who still have the best record in the National League.

For all the haters and doubters that the Saint Louis Cardinals have (maybe because of Me or maybe because They are the Best and Most Consistent Team this Century), it makes no matter to Me. I don't even live in Saint Louis anymore. I am a resident of the 69th largest city in America (as of the 2010 United States Census), who has a good job and pays taxes.

If recent baseball history proves accurate and consistent, the Cardinals will be where they always are at the end of this 2015 season, playing in the NLCS.

GO CARDINALS!!!

BBQ apron giveaway at Camden Yards today. The weather is beautiful. The beer is tasty. I hope the game doesn't stink too much :)

Weiters and Schoop should be back soon. Cannot be soon enough. May be the two difference makers we need. These kids they called up have pitched great. A good thing for us. Today we play a hot team with a hot pitcher and we are shorthanded. I hope we can pull it out. We need to get it going especially with the nightmare the Yankees and Red Sox are going through

Looks like more heartache today with these damn Mets. It's only the 3rd inning, but given how anemic the NY offense has been for the last week or so, the Phillies getting 2 runs may be enough to get a W. Stargroves, I don't know if you're reading this but it looks like another sad season for the Mets, if the Wild Card is not in play. Oi vey....

:(

^ Mets are winning today, last I checked. The trend has been alarming - a few weeks ago they were at least keeping most of the games close, but more recently the pitching is either wearing down or trying to do too much. I don't think the pitching injuries they had at the beginning of the season are the problem, though. They should have been more pro-active in bolstering that lineup.

^^^ Hey, Paul. You might recall a long time ago that I mentioned my first ballgame was Mets/Pirates doubleheader, in the late 70's. My Grandfather was a big Mets fan, and I spent many a visit with him watching them on TV. But most of my friends were Yankees fans, and through my previous workplace I got a lot of great free tickets to big games. Personally, I don't care to see so many Yankees fans who never lived in NY, but latch onto a team solely because of a winning history (same with the Cowboys). I think that's bad for sports, in general.

I really thought the Mets had more than enough pitching this season, to overcome their lineup - especially the way their division looked.

Looks like more heartache today with these damn Mets. It's only the 3rd inning, but given how anemic the NY offense has been for the last week or so, the Phillies getting 2 runs may be enough to get a W. Stargroves, I don't know if you're reading this but it looks like another sad season for the Mets, if the Wild Card is not in play. Oi vey....

I was watching yesterday and was very happy when they got that first run but as soon as the Phillies scored 2 I turned it off. ..very happy to find out later the Mets won 6-3. But Paul I'm not giving up on them yet, if they're gonna be in a slump I'd rather it be now than later.

:(

Maybe when I post about the Mets, it's good luck?

Who knows Jimmie, maybe you did. ..please post everyday for the rest of the season! !

Somewhat surprisingly, the Houston Astros are the first team in Baseball to win 30 games so far this 2015 season (by about an hour when the Houston Astros defeated the sub-par Baltimore Orioles).

Somewhat unsurprisingly, the Saint Louis Cardinals are the second team in Baseball to win 30 games so far this 2015 season.

So far, where are your team(s) in the standings and is it what you expect(ed) them to be at this point in the season?

I know that every fan of every team hopes that their team is in first place anytime in the season but this is Baseball and for us fans know that this will never happen. A few teams in both leagues dominate year after year and a few teams seem promising and strong but eventually fall out and hope to make it up next season.

Getting ready to leave for a blissful 8 hours at the ballpark! Nothing like taking a day off of work for a real, live, actual, single-admission doubleheader!!

Wow - there's still such a thing as a single admission doubleheader? I had (free) tickets once, to a doubleheader that charged for each game, and the wait between sucked so bad. Not the mention the first game was a slugfest that went into extra innings!

With the Saint Louis Cardinals having the best record in baseball so far, 32 wins and 16 losses and the Baltimore Orioles having the under .500 record with 23 wins and 24 losses, it seems at this somewhat mid-point in the first half of the season that a Cardinals/Orioles World Series is a very long, longshot. For the Orioles that is. I strongly believe that the St. Louis Cardinals will make it to and be the first team in MLB history to make it to the National League Championship Series 5 years in-a-row.

I challenge anyone to name a current team in the past 30+ years to rival what the Cardinals have done and accomplished in just the past 4 years.

If anyone cares to reply and dispute my post, I ask you refrain from ignorant name-calling towards Me but is cool to me if you dislike Me and what I post. Just remember, I do not even reside in Saint Louis, Missouri (anymore). I live in the Great State of Texas.

Go Astros and Cardinals!!!

Archived