2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

So unusual to see no Yankees selected, even though they've been in first place for most of the season - and Texiera, Gardner, McCann, even A-Rod all having quite good rebound seasons. Not that it isn't good to see other teams that have been down, finally get some player recognition. Not sure if this will make the All Star game more popular, though?

Well, I was right in predicting that Michael Wacha and Trevor Rosenthal would be announced as 2015 All-Stars. Carlos Martinez is named as a "final vote" candidate.

Out of the other three Cardinals I thought should be an All-Star and repping the Saint Louis Cardinals, Yadier Molina, Kolten Wong and Matt Carpenter, Yadier Molina made the cut based on the coaches and players vote. This will be Molina's 7th straight All-Star appearance. I know and realize everyone has differing of opinions and whatever, but I truly believe that Yadier Molina is the best catcher in Baseball over the past, say, 7 years.

On a separate note, the Cardinals still have superiority and dominance over the Chicago Cubs. Last night, John Lackey versus Jon Lester. Lester had a no-hitter going into the 7th inning. What happens? The Cardinals win the game 6-0 with 6 hits.

Rick, as I'm sure you are aware, Machado and Jones have been named to the All-Star Games as reserves. And I see the Mets won a late one last night against the G-Men--maybe things are turning around.

I don't know if I'm ready to call the NL East race over, but any way the Mets can get into the tournament, I'll take it...

Rick, as I'm sure you are aware, Machado and Jones have been named to the All-Star Games as reserves. And I see the Mets won a late one last night against the G-Men--maybe things are turning around.

I don't know if I'm ready to call the NL East race over, but any way the Mets can get into the tournament, I'll take it...

Yes I see they are reserves which to me is a joke. Machado is better than Anderson. But he missed alot of time. But lately he is killing the ball and his defense is way better than anyone else in the infield period. I will put him up against anyone in the major league on defense. Anyone! We have to lock Wieters into a long contract this summer. If we let him get away I am going to be pissed. I was not aware the Mets won last night. SF is a funny team. I am not impressed with them in general but somehow the chips fell into place for them. Not this year. Cant see it. I do not know what to make of the Mets other than the fact they have a couple of top notch starters. My team outhit the Twins like 9-4 and lost in extras. Hardy is the goat in my book as he had runners on 2nd and 3rd and did not come through. Tonight Gausman starts. I am waiting for them to give these kids in the minors who have great numbers a shot. Norris is finished as a starter. We need another winning streak right now. I really want to drive down to a game, but its a 6 hour drive. Thinking of Atlanta in late July. I expect the Orioles to pull off a trade at some point. I am hoping something like going after Samardzjia from the White Sox. They have nobody at 2nd base. Ryan Flaherty is a possibility. I just don't know how much they will want.

I have booked a hotel in Baltimore and we are going to see the Orioles vs Atlanta in late July! I finally may get to meet someone here from the board in person! EBK, my fellow Orioles fan. I look forward to it. But not so much the drive of 6 hours and change. GPS I put my trust in you. Will get to see Nick Markakis also

I agree that the AL representation in the All Star game should be all Orioles players. One through nine, and their batboys.

Especially the bat boys... :lol:

I agree that the AL representation in the All Star game should be all Orioles players. One through nine, and their batboys.

If that were the case, then all the regular starters for the Saint Louis Cardinals should be represented since they have the best record in Baseball.

Another game Norris may cost us. When is Showalter going to learn the guy sucks. Get rid of him now. Release him. He has killed us all year and somehow we are sill in this race. Getting swept by this team is not acceptable.

Great, and I mean great, come from behind victory for the Saint Louis Cardinals in the top of 9th last night at Wrigley Field. Down 5-4 with one strike away from winning the game, the closer for the Cubs gives up a 2 run homerun to 2015 All-Star Jhonny Peralta. Sure did put the hurt on all those Cub fans who were all standing in anticipation of the win. 2015 All-Star Trevor Rosenthal shut the door on the Cubs in the bottom of the 9th with the tying run at second base.

55 wins and only 30 losses. I guarantee everyone that when the Saint Louis Cardinals All-Stars are shown and talked about at this years All-Star Game, the announcers will be talking about how Good the Cardinals have been so far this year and that They will be the Team to beat in the coming months leading up to the 2015 Post-Season. I believe that there are only about one or two other teams that this could be said about (if even that).

Jhonny Peralta

Matt Holliday

Yadier Molina

Michael Wacha

Trevor Rosenthal (and possibly Carlos Martinez)...

Makes Me Proud to be a Loyal Saint Louis Cardinals Fan!!!

Now some Yankees are sneaking into the All Star game lineup, with injured players selected having to decline. Texiera had a really good all around game last night, as he is quite capable of, when healthy. I haven't paid attention - is the DH used when a National League team hosts?

Funny thing this is: Actor Bill Murray called the fans of the Saint Louis Cardinals, "Satan's messenger on Earth". I guess that puts Me in good company along with Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham (just kidding!!!).

What a stupid thing to say. I guess he means that the Saint Louis Cardinals are Satan's favorite team. I am cool with that. However, I am not the kind of person to take seriously what someone has to say negatively to or about the things that I like or love, meaning that I am still a fan of Bill Murray. I get the angst. Being a fan of one team that, year after year, always seems to fail or live up to a cities (and fans) expectations, in a known rivalry with a team that seems to dominate said city is enough to resort to... silly and inane comments.

This Syndergaard kid pitching for the Mets tonight looks really good. This is my first time actually sitting down to watch one of his starts & I'm very impressed--and the Mets have scored 4 runs, so maybe this will be another W for the team from Queens, I hope...

Archived