2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

I can't believe that the two Saint Louis Cardinals pitchers with both 10 wins apiece were not used at all in last nights All-Star game. Come on. Clayton Kershaw was not even "voted" in by the fans and yet he still made an appearance that cost the National League team and was charged with the loss. Of the six Cardinals in attendance, only two were in the game. Jhonny Peralta started at SS and had the first RBI for the National League and later Catcher Yadier Molina, who had a two out single in his only at bat. That means that the these two Cardinal Players accounted for 1/3 of the combined hits (6) for the whole National League team.

Again, I must say that I was thoroughly amused at the "icy" reception and the loud and unmistakable booing when the six Saint Louis Cardinal All-Stars were being introduced before the game even began. Like I said earlier, I get it. For a formidable team such as the Saint Louis Cardinals to continue to dominate a division year after year, decade after decade, I can see why the fans in Cincinnati would "boo" a team like the Saint Louis Cardinals. The last time the Cincinnati Reds won a World Series was 25 years ago, in 1990. The last time the Cardinals won a World Series was 4 years ago. Very vast time span between the two.

. The big red machine was one of the best teams ever. The Dodgers have the horses to won the west

. The big red machine was one of the best teams ever. The Dodgers have the horses to won the west

I know some about the Big Red Machine and what they accomplished way back in the mid 1970's. I am talking more recent baseball history, not what happened when I was about 7 or 8 years of age.

If you want current Baseball, when the games resume on Friday, the Baltimore Orioles are basically like they were at the very beginning of the 2015 season. What I mean is that they are now at 45-45. At the .500 mark. To relate that to their current standings, they are basically starting the season at 0-0.

In the exact same vein, the Saint Louis Cardinals are 56-33. The Cardinals are already at the .629%. That means that at the beginning of the second "half" of the 2015 baseball season, the Cardinals are already at 23 wins and 0 losses.

If your team and my team keep going at the same rate as what has happened in the first half of the season, the Orioles will watch the Play-Offs from home and the Cardinals will be in the Post-Season for the 5th year straight.

Kind of curious how David Price's situation is going to play out in Detroit. With the Tigs already on the hook for extended contracts to Verlander & Miggy, will they pay the 'price' ? How many long-term deals is an average market team willing to give ?

And speaking of David Price, considering how rare a complete game start is for any pitcher these days, I don't think they've ever been more important. A complete game before a travel day gets your whole bullpen 2 days off. That's major in a pennant race.

Kind of curious how David Price's situation is going to play out in Detroit. With the Tigs already on the hook for extended contracts to Verlander & Miggy, will they pay the 'price' ? How many long-term deals is an average market team willing to give ?

And speaking of David Price, considering how rare a complete game start is for any pitcher these days, I don't think they've ever been more important. A complete game before a travel day gets your whole bullpen 2 days off. That's major in a pennant race.

The Orioles are in Detroit to start the second half. I am sure we will see Price by Sunday. I am pretty surprised a deal has not come down on Samardzjia by now. A ton of teams including mine are after him.

The Orioles are in Detroit to start the second half. I am sure we will see Price by Sunday. I am pretty surprised a deal has not come down on Samardzjia by now. A ton of teams including mine are after him.

I know that you read my posts - #929 - (even if they are too long winded for your taste). I suppose a "no comment" is more incriminating then "a comment". That's cool if you choose not to reply. However, I do know that if your Baltimore Orioles had the best record in Baseball at the All-Star break (like the Cardinals currently have), you would be espousing how great the Orioles are this year, etc... etc... etc...

So far it happens to be My team that is playing up to their capabilities, just like They do year after year which really should come as NO surprise to the peoples that follow baseball and read and posts on this topic.

With all that being said, again, I say Good-Luck to all the MLB teams, yours and mine.

GO CARDINALS!!!

This year will be the 40th anniversary of the Reds/Red Sox World Series. Obviously, that was a series well before my time, so maybe some of the older posters here at the forum can speak about it, but it does seem--judging by all the highlights I've seen--that Game 7 of that series has been forgotten.

Whenever any of the sports networks show clips from Cincinnati/Boston it's always Carlton Fisk waving his arms for the ball to stay fair...

I was going to wait until October to say something about the 1975 World Series, but yes, it was a classic for the ages. Five games decided by one run, with two going into extra-innings. Everyone knows about the classic 6th game with the GW HR by Fisk curling inside the foul poul as he waved frantically. But what made Game 6 even more improbable was that we had to wait nearly a week for the game to be played. Because after Game 5 and the location switched back to Boston, there was solid rain in Boston for days causing postponement after postponement. Game 5 was played on October 16...Game 6 didn't get played until October 21. This caused tension and excitement to build and build...remember, baseball was a much more popular sport back then.

Another reason the 1975 Fall Classic was so special? There were so many players on both teams that ended up in the Hall of Fame...with one glaring exception.

I haven't seen as much of Mike Trout as Strider, so I'm a little surprised he beat out that groundball--didn't know the big man was that fast....

That's why there were so many people making Mickey Mantle comparisons when Mike Trout came up in the big leagues. His speed and his bat. Not to say that he will end up with a career as comparable to Mantle's, but he is off to a good start. If the Angels ever come to Mets Stadium, you should go. Mike Trout is going to be one of those players you will brag to your grandkids about seeing play in person.

A lot to look forward to in the second half--and one thing that may be a bit surprising is that the NL Central might actually be a pretty entertaining race with the Pirates breathing down the Cardinals neck.

Sorry Paul but I think that the Cardinals will sweep the Mets at home at Busch Stadium. They are 33 wins and 11 losses so far this season when playing at home. The best winning home stand in the Majors.

Not you, but for all the naysayers of the Cardinals, USA Today said that StL. rules the National League and whoever calls the shots in Las Vegas have the Cardinals as the second favorite team, behind that other Missouri team, the Kansas City Royals to win, the 2015 World Series. I am fully aware that none of this really means anything, but these two MO teams are playing the best Baseball so far this season.

I will say this now: Even if the Saint Louis Cardinals seem to decline in this part of the season, which I highly doubt, it has and will always amaze Me that One Baseball Team seems to win and win and be considered one of the most consistent teams year after year regardless if they make it to and win or lose the World Series. For that one simple fact alone, it makes ME Proud to be a Saint Louis Cardinals Fan.

GO CARDINALS!!!

So, the O's sucked last night. I'm sure that made Bong-Man quite happy :)

And, the Nats... what to say about the Nats. Nats Park motto: Craptastic-because it's what we do!

I'm going to the game this afternoon. I'll get to see the end of last night's game too. Yay...? Of course, since it's a monsoon out there, chances of doing anything but getting wet are slim. Oh, food and drink will also happen. :D

So, the O's sucked last night. I'm sure that made Bong-Man quite happy :)

And, the Nats... what to say about the Nats. Nats Park motto: Craptastic-because it's what we do!

I'm going to the game this afternoon. I'll get to see the end of last night's game too. Yay...? Of course, since it's a monsoon out there, chances of doing anything but getting wet are slim. Oh, food and drink will also happen. :D

I was thinking the Nats Park motto should be: Craptastic - because it's where you live! :P

Hope the weather gods have pity and you get to enjoy your near-double-header.

I was thinking the Nats Park motto should be: Craptastic - because it's where you live! :P

Hope the weather gods have pity and you get to enjoy your near-double-header.

hahahahahahahahaha

Someone should use that in a ad campaign... ;)

Long day. I think I saw some baseball at some point.

Orioles kicked ass in motown and now we really need to win in NY. At least two of three if not a sweep. I am pretty shocked nobody has made a deal w the White Sox for Samardzjia as they are clearly sellers. Its reported many teams want him including everyone in the East but Tampa. Tillman just pitched the game of his life. If he can continue that and the rest of the staff can come through, we have the horses to win this thing

One week from today we leave for Baltimore

A lot of front line pitchers are being discussed as possible trade bait, but will any of them--be it Hamels or Cueto or Samardzjia--be moved remains to be seen.

As I've said before, I don't see why a team like the Phillies would try to keep Hamels--especially on a ball club that looks like it may be headed for 100+ losses this year...

And, oh yeah, have fun in Baltimore Rick...

A lot of front line pitchers are being discussed as possible trade bait, but will any of them--be it Hamels or Cueto or Samardzjia--be moved remains to be seen.

As I've said before, I don't see why a team like the Phillies would try to keep Hamels--especially on a ball club that looks like it may be headed for 100+ losses this year...

And, oh yeah, have fun in Baltimore Rick...

I look forward to it. I know Hamels wants out. I expect moves soon.

As of this moment, the Saint Louis Cardinals seem very content with its current roster, despite the loss of Ace Adam Wainwright. I know that the Cardinals and their fans are looking forward to Adams return, but the Cardinals are a Team that takes care of things internally. It would really surprise Me if They make a trade or an offer to a big-name player before the trade deadline.

I am absolutely positive that the Saint Louis Cardinals are going to win the 2015 National League Championship (again). They still have the best record in all of Major League Baseball since the very first day of the 2015 season. There is not another team that can come close to this very fact.

58 Wins and 34 Losses, Baby!!! .630% (24 games above .500%).

Baltimore Orioles: 46 wins and 45 losses. .505% (1 game above .500%).

GO CARDINALS!!!

Comment, No Comment, it makes no matter to Me. The actual standings and the actual facts speak for themselves. Am I wrong?

As of this moment, the Saint Louis Cardinals seem very content with its current roster, despite the loss of Ace Adam Wainwright. I know that the Cardinals and their fans are looking forward to Adams return, but the Cardinals are a Team that takes care of things internally. It would really surprise Me if They make a trade or an offer to a big-name player before the trade deadline.

I am absolutely positive that the Saint Louis Cardinals are going to win the 2015 National League Championship (again). They still have the best record in all of Major League Baseball since the very first day of the 2015 season. There is not another team that can come close to this very fact.

58 Wins and 34 Losses, Baby!!! .630% (24 games above .500%).

Baltimore Orioles: 46 wins and 45 losses. .505% (1 game above .500%).

GO CARDINALS!!!

Comment, No Comment, it makes no matter to Me. The actual standings and the actual facts speak for themselves. Am I wrong?

Gee, I wish we could play MilSquakee and the rest of that division, even though the Cubs and Pirates are both vastly improved and i would be a little worried about them if I were you. Also, the Dodgers and Nats both have a shot in the NL. Its just crazy for you to say they will win it again I do not know what that means because to me memory you lost to SF like we lost to KC in the NLCS as we did in the ALCS. We are far from being out of anything by the way. We just took care of the Tigers in their park, a very good team. And Tillman has shown life. That is huge. Head up we murdered the Cards last year. I will worry about the Yankees first and the rest of the AL. You should be concentrating on teams like the Dodgers, Nats, Giants, Pirates and even those pesky and rising Cubbies.

Angels just completed their third weekend sweep in a row...this time thrashing the Red Sox in a 4-game sweep by a total aggregate score of 22-4, including a doubleheader sweep yesterday thanks to the first rain out at Angels Stadium in 20 years.

Could this be the turning point? Could Pujols finally be comfortable with American League pitching? He leads the league with 29 home runs.

Angels just completed their third weekend sweep in a row...this time thrashing the Red Sox in a 4-game sweep by a total aggregate score of 22-4, including a doubleheader sweep yesterday thanks to the first rain out at Angels Stadium in 20 years.

Could this be the turning point? Could Pujols finally be comfortable with American League pitching? He leads the league with 29 home runs.

I am still a fan of Albert even though he abandoned Saint Louis for Hollywood. Bigger bucks, bigger exposure, etc...

However, since he left Saint Louis, his overall playing has since declined, save for this season (so far).

By the way, the Cardinals won again last night. 59 wins, 34 loses.

Well, I would hate to call a division race over in July, but who had the Yankees in 1st place at this point in the season, with a 4.5 game cushion over the 2nd place team.

And Albert Pujols is definitely back this year. I don't know if he'll ever hit close to .300 again for batting average, but if he smacks about 40 bombs and drives in 100, I would think Angels fan would be happy with that.

I'm wondering if Detroit will be on the seller's market soon--again, I hate to call a race in July, but it doesn't look too good for the Tigers as far as the division race goes. I'm guessing David Price would be an attractive piece for a contender's rotation--Royals maybe or maybe the Dodgers, hmmm....

smiley-confused002.gif

Who is the first Major League Baseball Team to reach 60 wins in this 2015 season?

Edited to add: I obviously really do not expect anyone to answer this because I seem to be the only fan of this particular team on this forum... and I am totally cool with that.

Archived