2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

This is why I call baseball the greatest game in the world--now I have to hope the relievers don't make things interesting trying to get the final 6 outs.....

No qualifiers paul.  Just the greatest game in the world!

See ya same time tomorrow PC?

It's up to Greinke now to save the Dodgers season. If Greinke loses, it's over...no way the Dodgers beat the Mets three straight with their fragile psyche.

The Dodgers ought to look into petitioning the league to eliminate the 7th inning. If you look at the Dodgers recent history, the 7th inning is their Waterloo.

Edited by Strider

Clayton Kershaw may be a great pitcher during the regular season but he really seems to suck when it comes to games that really matter, especially in game one(s) of the Post-Season.  I, for one, am glad that he and the Dodgers lost because he is so "superhyped" as a pitcher. 

I hope that the Los Angeles Dodgers and their 300+ million dollar payroll get swept by the New York Mets. 

Well, I won't say I'm looking for a sweep--Zach Greinke tonight will be a tough hill to climb, so I would be satisfied with a split with Games 3 & 4 being played in New York.

You said a long time ago that deGrom is special - and now he has shown to be the Ace of a very solid staff, and a true big game pitcher. I wouldn't be so comfortable with a split in the first two games, though - as you don't know what to expect of Harvey, in a big game. Hopefully, Syndergaard pitches well against the Dodgers again, tonight.  

I would expect tonight to be another low-scoring, well pitched game where the first team to scratch out 2 or 3 runs will win. I'm not too sure about the Dodgers rotation once you get past Kershaw and Greinke, so in that regard, I would have confidence in Harvey and whoever starts Game 4--Bartolo Colon perhaps, or will it be Niese.... 

Dodgers must win tonight.  I wish I took Cubs on my streak that is at 9.  Have a hockey game that is 2-2.  Minus 1.  If they win by one I live another day.  If I cover I win %500!!!!  First place coast to coast.  

I completely forgot about Steven Matz--he'll be the Game 4 starter, if necessary.

Big win for the Cubbies, now going into Game 3 with Arrieta on the mound--not that Wacha going for the Cards is any slouch, but the Cubs have to be feeling good going back home to Chi-town....

Monster win.  Cubs got me 3 wins on my 9 game streak which is now on a hockey game tied at 2.  I win $500 if I can cover it.  

I completely forgot about Steven Matz--he'll be the Game 4 starter, if necessary.

Big win for the Cubbies, now going into Game 3 with Arrieta on the mound--not that Wacha going for the Cards is any slouch, but the Cubs have to be feeling good going back home to Chi-town....

Talk about throwing smoke--Syndergaard coming out touching 100 on the radar gun & a changeup at 90. Could be a long night for the Dodgers...

What was that again?  Eat that fucking Leather Bro!!!!!:lol:

Lucky you guys are getting the opposing pitcher.  Greinke gave it a ride but not good enough

Edited by LedZeppfan77

^^ Heh, this is what I was kind of afraid of going in--the Dodgers seem to be getting a lot of hits in 2 strike counts & Syndergaard's pitch count is getting up there. I'm wondering if Terry will try to stretch him out for 6, because I don't think Noah is going 7 tonight...

Hind sight may be 20/20 but I still say the Dodgers should have pulled Kershaw when that threat was going and he flew out.  It could have been a different outcome.  But not with Utley the piece of crap