2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

:popcorn2:Popcorn, peanuts, hot dogs here!!1:lol:  Uh oh.  Good guys are winning in the Windy  City and the Big Apple.  Come on baby!!!!!!!!!

There is still a game tomorrow.  I have all the confidence that the Cardinals will win that one to take the series back to Saint Louis. 

There is still a game tomorrow.  I have all the confidence that the Cardinals will win that one to take the series back to Saint Louis. 

Maybe they will.  Maybe they wont.  But do not think the Cubs cannot win game 5 in St Louis.  I told you they are a good team.  But you will not admit that.  Well Paul, it looks like only an A game by Clayton Kershaw can save the Dodgers now.  But he is capable.  That Houston vs KC game is a real head scratcher.  A real toss up IMO>  I do think the Houston manager did the right thing having McHugh set up for this game. Cueto is like night and day.  Never know what you are getting.  Is Houston a team of destiny?  I mean, simply to win the AL?  I do believe the winner of the Houston vs KC series will defeat the winner of the other series.  GO CUBBIES!!!!:o

Well, given Kershaw's subpar history in the playoffs, I have to say one more time--I feel real good about the Mets advancing to the League Championship series.

I know in baseball, you can't spend too much time dwelling on the past, but for the Astros to be 6 outs away from going to the ALCS & letting KC comeback like they did, that's got to sting. I like the Royals to advance in Game 5....

I will say this now and this is in no way an admission of defeat, as I have said already, that I feel that the Saint Louis Cardinals can overcome this 1-2 deficit and go on to win this National League Division Series.  It will be tough but it can be done.

With that being said, if the Chicago Cubs do win tomorrow I will only wish them the best. 

Being a Saint Louis Cardinals fan is something that I will cherish for the rest of My life.  It is definitely a good thing and feeling knowing that MY Team is a team of outstanding talent, leadership, management, etc... Year after year, Season after season.  In my opinion, there are only a handful of Major League Baseball Teams that this could be said about and, it seems, that the Saint Louis Cardinals are at the Top of this list. 

GO CARDINALS!!!

I will say this now and this is in no way an admission of defeat, as I have said already, that I feel that the Saint Louis Cardinals can overcome this 1-2 deficit and go on to win this National League Division Series.  It will be tough but it can be done.

With that being said, if the Chicago Cubs do win tomorrow I will only wish them the best. 

Being a Saint Louis Cardinals fan is something that I will cherish for the rest of My life.  It is definitely a good thing and feeling knowing that MY Team is a team of outstanding talent, leadership, management, etc... Year after year, Season after season.  In my opinion, there are only a handful of Major League Baseball Teams that this could be said about and, it seems, that the Saint Louis Cardinals are at the Top of this list. 

GO CARDINALS!!!

Its good to love your team but you do not need to trash other people's teams at the same time.  If you want to talk about raw numbers like you always do, the Yankees certainly have us all beat.  As much as I hate them I respect the old Yankees.  Not these bums.  The Cardinals I neither love nor hate.  They are not in our league or division so I could care less about them.  But I do like the Cubs and they deserve to get to one and Madden has given them the chance.  This team is loaded and will be a force after this year ends. I just hope my own team makes the right moves as this sport seems now to be all about money

Kershaw has to come through today.  Dodgers favored because he is going but he has not been his old self.  He has to be tonight.

Dodgers are minus a run on today's line.  A ton of respect for Kershaw.  And the biggest game of his life to date.  The Dodgers must win to send it back to the coast. My streak is at 12 thanks to the Cubs.  I not only had to win but had to win by two.  Scary end.  I will sit today out. Too tough.   Getting to 10 landed me a $500 Canon that is en route.  Not bad.  If I get to 15, 3 more to go, its a prize of 2 grand or 2 grand to play with but with a rollover.  So taking the prize was the smart way to go.  If one gets to 25 and as far as I know its only been done once, $5000 cash.  I can sit it out up to 6 days.  Then must pick.  I will certainly make an NHL or baseball pick before that.  But i am going to stay clear of the NFL.  Game 5 between KC and the Astros is going to be a nerve wracking game for the fans of both.  I did pick KC on my contest pick but have the Cubs winning it all.  I now regret taking the Royals a little.  Houston would be the better story.  I hope Houston takes them out.  Cant stand them or Toronto.  Of  course I want the Cubs to win the most but also want Kershaw to smoke the Mutts.  Hate Granderson.  Cocky bastard.  Hated him since he was a Yankee.  Go Dodgers!!!!  win one for Brooklyn!!  Go Cubbies!!  Send the King packing!!!!:lol:Go Houston, to hell with the contest.  Hail Texas!!!! We who are about to die and picked you, salute you!!!!

I'm thinking Houston might be a little more than deflated after they were 6 outs away from advancing and royally--pardon the pun--screwed themselves.

Mets will close out tonight & people will be raking Clayton over the coals for his ineffectual October performances. Book it....

It's put up or shut up time for Clayton Kershsw. Yes, it is still relatively early in his career, but I think most will agree tonight is the biggest game of his career.

It will also be a referendum on the Dodgers management. They are the ones who have made Kershaw the $200 million dollar man and the face of the franchise, even though it has been Greinke who has shown more stones and intestinal fortitude.

Word around the Dodgers is that Greinke is leaving after this season no matter what happens. So if Kershaw fails tonight, the Dodgers front office will have egg on their faces as they watch Greinke leave and are stuck with a $200 million dollar pitcher who cannot pitch in the clutch.

Dodgers are minus a run on today's line.  A ton of respect for Kershaw.  And the biggest game of his life to date.  The Dodgers must win to send it back to the coast. My streak is at 12 thanks to the Cubs.  I not only had to win but had to win by two.  Scary end.  I will sit today out. Too tough.   Getting to 10 landed me a $500 Canon that is en route.  Not bad.  If I get to 15, 3 more to go, its a prize of 2 grand or 2 grand to play with but with a rollover.  So taking the prize was the smart way to go.  If one gets to 25 and as far as I know its only been done once, $5000 cash.  I can sit it out up to 6 days.  Then must pick.  I will certainly make an NHL or baseball pick before that.  But i am going to stay clear of the NFL.  Game 5 between KC and the Astros is going to be a nerve wracking game for the fans of both.  I did pick KC on my contest pick but have the Cubs winning it all.  I now regret taking the Royals a little.  Houston would be the better story.  I hope Houston takes them out.  Cant stand them or Toronto.  Of  course I want the Cubs to win the most but also want Kershaw to smoke the Mutts.  Hate Granderson.  Cocky bastard.  Hated him since he was a Yankee.  Go Dodgers!!!!  win one for Brooklyn!!  Go Cubbies!!  Send the King packing!!!!:lol:Go Houston, to hell with the contest.  Hail Texas!!!! We who are about to die and picked you, salute you!!!!

What is your problem with KC?  They don't strike me as being offensive.

What is your problem with KC?  They don't strike me as being offensive.

I cant' answer definitely for Rick, but I don't want them to win because they beat the O's last year!  Rick may feel the same way since we root for the same team.  

Go Astros!  :)

And Let's Go Cubs!!!

I cant' answer definitely for Rick, but I don't want them to win because they beat the O's last year!  Rick may feel the same way since we root for the same team.  

Go Astros!  :)

And Let's Go Cubs!!!

Amen Esther!!!  Can you all feel the magic!!!!  I can.   Go Cubs go!!!!!!   :o  I just heard Black Dog on the speakers.  Now you are in trouble King.  I think Robert and Jimmy want the Cubs:lol:

OMG he just blew a double play and gave the Cardinals life.  Unreal

Wow.  Some kind of pitching.  Now lets open up the flood gates

Well, this Cubs game is far from over & a Cubs infielder just booted a possible double play ball--a lot of ball left to be played in this one....

No doubt Paul.  But the pitcher Gram got them out of it.  HUGE.   KO two big guys.  I think right now the Cubs have the best offense in the game perhaps.  Maddon has instilled confidence in them.  So Kershaw is in the big apple for a monster of a game.  That Houston vs KC game will be a nail biter.  Two game 5's in the AL.  Unreal

Montero must be a good catcher because his numbers are not good at the plate.  

I haven't tallied the scores yet, but I'm guessing Rick is kicking ass in the MLB playoff contest. The Cubs knock out the Cards, and now, hopefully the Mets will kill the Dodgers....

I have to be up there.  Magic Johnson in the boxes at this game cheering on Dodger Blue.  Come on Kershaw.  Mow them down.  

Archived