2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

I'm not sure what's wrong with deGrom tonight--I can't say it's nerves, because the kid was nails in Game 1. The pitch count already over 25 after one inning--we may need to dip into the pen a bit earlier than expected....

Well its 2-2 and Greike is tough also.

It's been a stressful night for Jacob--the Dodgers are making him work, every inning; I think he'll be lucky to make it out of the 5th...

Syndergaurd is coming in if he gets in too deep.  His pitch count is at 92 ish.  But the Dodgers have not taken advantage of their chances.  I just do not see either of these teams beating the Cubs right now

Yes sir, I guess if you're Dodger Blue, a payroll of over $200 million can't buy you a pennant--again....

:yay:

Bring on the Cubs....

:party:

Congrats Paul.  Do not worry, you now go up in class big time.  The Cubs will be ready

I must say the Toronto vs KC series will be interesting. I hate them both big time.  But it will be a good series.  I say KC beats them and the Cubs beat the Mets.  Cubs are going to rock Vegas

It's been some time that we've had such a long suffering fanbase playoffs. I was only able to see on TV the last inning and celebration - but my highlights:

Chase Utley leading off the 9th - the audicity!

Familia's Nutcracker dance after getting the final out.

Terry Collins getting kissed by the Met's fan (a dude) he went to greet in the crowd.

I know there are other teams, waiting in the next series - but this team has the best pitching, by 10 miles.

I'm not sure how many days off the Mets get before the NLCS, but I'm assuming Arrieta will be going for the Cubs Game 1--bring it on...

pitching-smiley-emoticon.gif

Game 1 of the NLCS is Saturday at 8pm in New York, Paul.

Congratulations to your Mets PC, Stargroves, jimmie ray and other Mets fans. The Mets were the better team...more clutch hits, more clutch pitching, and Donnie Baseball got out-managed again. The Dodgers deserved to lose.

I understand now why Dodger fans are exasperated with Mattingly. Some of his decisions leave you scratching your head.

And as someone who hates the use of "the shift", I had to laugh as the Dodgers got burned using the shift when Murphy took advantage of a brain-lapse and went from second to third uncontested. The Mets don't tie the score 2-2 if the Dodgers don't allow that to happen.

After being on the ropes early, the momentum shifted to the Mets from that point on.

Now it's Terry Collins' Mets vs. Joe Maddon's Cubs. Two guys forever linked to the ignominious Angels season of 1999...Collins tearfully resigning during the season and Joe Maddon taking over as interim manager.

Congrats to you Paul as our Mets prevailed!   You may be able to say that DeGrom may go down in history as he beat both Greinke and Kershaw in the same series!  Not an easy task!  Great series by Murph!  Such clutch hitting and especially the two base advance on the walk earlier!

Will be a tough call against the Cubs as they are a bit better than the Mets and are the national sentimental favorite with 1945 and 1908 to go on!

Interesting as Ron Darlin was on WFAN earlier today with Mike Francesa and said the game would be 3-2 but didn't know who would be the victor!  Even more interesting as Chipper Jones was on the Mets pregame show on WOR (Mets radio broadcast station in NY) and not only was rooting for the Mets as he and Jacob DeGrom are from the same hometown in Deland, Florida (near Orlando) but they had him do the "Lets Go Mets" chant!  It was pretty funny to hear!

I'm not sure how many days off the Mets get before the NLCS, but I'm assuming Arrieta will be going for the Cubs Game 1--bring it on...

pitching-smiley-emoticon.gif

it is Lester at Harvey on Sat.  Arrietta will face someone, likely Synergaurd on Sunday.  I say MMetsmust wait til game 3 to start DeGrom in Chitown.  Typical response from that classless Bozo Kingshithead!  I mean, good luck with that wish?  Cubs will murder them!        Cubs -145 favorites to win series and open on road.  Cardinals watching?

^^^Hey Super Dave! Good to see you back again. Didn't know you were a Mets fan. Your team played well. Even though the Cubs will be the sentimental favourite, anything can happen in the NLCS.

Haven't been on here much for no particular reason.  Always been a big Mets fan.  We'll see what happens in the NLCS.  Just have to get hot at the right time!  I wasn't expecting the Mets to make the post season this year as I thought they were still a year away.  Those moves at the trading deadline certainly helped and especially Cespedes.  They will not sign him in the off season as too much money.  Some team will overpay for him.  Just hope they resign Murphy!  I think Daniel made a good bid in this series to be resigned!

In case anyone does not know its Toronto at KC Friday night at 8 pm.  Estrada vs Ventura.  NLCS starts Saturday in NY, even though Cubs had better record!  Lester vs Harvey.  Game two is Sunday. Jake Arrietta will pitch for the Cubbies and Mets starter not yet named.  Too soon for DeGrom IMO so likely Synergaurd and DeGrom will!ikely go in Chicago game 3?  Maybe vs Hammel?  But unsure.  I say the Cubs have the bats over all 3 of the other teams.  They have the power!  And they have a rested staff.

Typical response from that classless Bozo Kingshithead!  I mean, good luck with that wish?  

YOU ARE THE CLASSLESS ONE.  Always lowly resorting to calling ME names.  I mean, come on, Bozo Kingshithead?  For real?  How old are you again?  In your late 70's right?  And calling ME classless.  I guess it must have something to do with your old age, senility and Alzheimer's that you forget to act like a decent human being.  After you change your diapers, please remind Me how the Baltimore Orioles did this year and what was their record (if you can remember). 

GO METS!!!

Edited to add:  I know that you, Rick, read this as you were still on this site for about 30 minutes after I posted this and I know that you read all of the posts that are posted on this Baseball topic.  I knew that after you read this that you would not reply.  I waited and waited (for those 30 minutes) and knew that you would log off without responding.  Why is that (and don't give the lame excuse that you did not see this)?

If you continue to (bad) name call ME or disparage ME in any way that is very Offensive, I will have NO other recourse but to report you to the Admins and let them decide what to do with your inane and ignorant attitude toward ME. 

GO CARDINALS!!!

YOU ARE THE CLASSLESS ONE.  Always lowly resorting to calling ME names.  I mean, come on, Bozo Kingshithead?  For real?  How old are you again?  In your late 70's right?  And calling ME classless.  I guess it must have something to do with your old age, senility and Alzheimer's that you forget to act like a decent human being.  After you change your diapers, please remind Me how the Baltimore Orioles did this year and what was their record (if you can remember). 

GO METS!!!

Edited to add:  I know that you, Rick, read this as you were still on this site for about 30 minutes after I posted this and I know that you read all of the posts that are posted on this Baseball topic.  I knew that after you read this that you would not reply.  I waited and waited (for those 30 minutes) and knew that you would log off without responding.  Why is that (and don't give the lame excuse that you did not see this)?

If you continue to (bad) name call ME or disparage ME in any way that is very Offensive, I will have NO other recourse but to report you to the Admins and let them decide what to do with your inane and ignorant attitude toward ME. 

GO CARDINALS!!!

GO METS!!!

GO CARDINALS!!!

What in the hell are you talking about?  I am logged into the site even when I am not around as I am other sites. I do not log off.  I go to bed logged in.  So just because I am logged in does not mean I am here.  Do you not realize that?  I am done talking to you.  Adios Cardinals!!  Good to see you out!!

back to the sport.  I have to check but as far as I know Arrietta is being saved for game two.  Lester goes in game one.  Sour grapes by the above. Cheering against the Cubs because they beat his boys.  My team made it to the ALCS last year but I am not cheering for KC or against them.  I hate them both.  I do not like the  Mets either.  These Mets.  The 86 Mets I did like.  I liked Fernandez alot.  The 70's teams had Seaver who I loved and Koosman who I liked.  The only team standing I like are the Cubs.  Maddon has done a great job and most people in the USA that are outside of the cities involved want to see the Cubs win.  And Vegas does not want them to win because big money went down on them.  Game one Lester and Synergaurd would be my guess?  I am going to go see.

Archived