2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

I would like to congratulate the Chicago Cubs on their victory over the Saint Louis Cardinals. 

I would also like to congratulate the Saint Louis Cardinals for making it to the Post-Season five years in a row. 

I would also like to say that I am now hoping that both the Texas Rangers and the Houston Astros each win their games tomorrow so at least one Texas team will represent the American League in the 2015 World Series. 

I would like to congratulate the Chicago Cubs on their victory over the Saint Louis Cardinals. 

I would also like to congratulate the Saint Louis Cardinals for making it to the Post-Season five years in a row. 

I would also like to say that I am now hoping that both the Texas Rangers and the Houston Astros each win their games tomorrow so at least one Texas team will represent the American League in the 2015 World Series. 

I am with you on your AL wish's even though I picked KC to get to the ALCS.  Hope I am wrong.  So I do not have to read the St Louis  propaganda again until April?  Good.  I hope the Dodgers win but on the other hand I must cheer for the Cubbies to take it all.  I will be a bit torn in that series as I have always liked the Dodgers.  Back in the 70's there were two teams that stood head and shoulders above all else in their farm systems and development of talent.  They wee the Orioles and Dodgers.  Make no mistake about it.  I am talking late 60's til late 70's.  Greinke vs DeGrom will be a tough matchup.  DeGrom has been fabulous.  Can the Dodgers get to him?  Or does this go to the 7th or so before the runs start to come?  Some great game 5's to watch.  Texas is not being given much of a chance.  But They did win with this matchup in game one.  I cannot pick a winner with confidence in the Houston/KC game or any for that matter.  I do believe  the Cubs are a team of destiny.  Maybe the Astros are also?  Who would have ever picked the Cubs vs Astros?  Nobody.   

Amazing stat from yesterday: The Chicago Cubs had NEVER won a series-clinching game at Wrigley Field...until last night's Game 4 win over their arch-nemesis St. Louis Cardinals. Incredible.

I picked the Royals and I'm sticking with them. The question for Houston is how soon do you bring in Keuchel and for how long do you let him go? Obviously in a last-game scenario such as this, it's all-hands-on-deck, but in this era of pitch-counts and agents trying to protect their meal-ticket it'll be interesting to see how far Keuchel pushes his arm.

As for Texas-Toronto, I picked Texas to sweep but I wouldn't mind if Toronto wins and knocks out our division rivals.

^^ Yeah, this has turned into one of the nuttiest games I can ever remember--but on the flipside, I'm glad that this game won't come down to that call that allowed the Rangers their 3rd run.

Hopefully, these fans in Toronto will calm the fuck down....

Which is not something I usually say about Canadians... :)

Well, my two other favorite teams, Houston and Texas both lost as we all know now. 

I hope the Mets beat the Dodgers tomorrow night.  If that happens I would like for the Mets to beat the Cubs and advance to the World Series.  As for Toronto versus Kansas City it doesn't really matter for me but if I had to choose I would want the Royals to win (being a former Missourian). 

I know it is too early to speculate as their is still a NLDS game to be played tomorrow.  But for now, that is what I would like. 

I just thought about two things that just came into my head:

1.  I know that the Cubs beat the Cardinals.  Great for Chicago and their fans.  But it really hit me that I am (and the rest of the Baseball Community - meaning all the other National League Teams) - are just plain used to the Saint Louis Cardinals being in the National League Championship Series.  I mean, four straight years in a row.  Even if the Cardinals did not win each NLCS, (They were 2 and 2), it just seemed only natural that the Cardinals would be in the same series again, just against another team.  5 in a row would have been just about the Ultimate and Ideal for Saint Louis and Their Fans even if they would have been defeated by the other National League team.  Even if anyone happens to dislike or even "hate" the Saint Louis Cardinals, I do believe that They are a team to Respect for this reason and this reason alone.  

2.  Rush is My second favorite Band.  The Toronto Blue Jays really mean nothing to Me but I will say that I am "Happy" for Geddy Lee as I do know that he is as much of a hard-core and die-hard fan of the Toronto Blue Jays as I am of the Saint Louis Cardinals. 

I know that if the same could be said about the Baltimore Orioles dominating the American League East and going to the ALCS four years in a row (which has never happened), Rick would be saying and bragging a lot more than I am.  He may not admit it, but I know that he would be even worse than Me.  It just so happens that the Baltimore Orioles are not a Great and Dominant Team that the Cardinals are, year after year and never will be. Ever since the Orioles were eliminated from the Post-Season (a long time ago) he seems to have switched allegiances and now prefers the Cubs to win the World Series. 

Rick, just admit that I am Right.  It's okay to admit or concede defeat.  I have and I even post a congratulations to the Chicago Cubs in their winnings over the Saint Louis Cardinals.  I am not a Man to go on the defensive and start trash talking others (as you are) unless I have to do so to defend Myself.  Comment or No comment, I know that you will read this and you will have to decide to reply and if you do, I already know that you will do your best to disparage ever word I typed and try to make yourself the victim and ME the bad guy.  Knock yourself out because I readily await your reply. 

I may have more to say about this later...

Bring on Game 5!!!! Greinke vs. deGrom! It's do or die Stargroves Tangie and paul carruthers and jimmie ray.

Supposed to be a race to see which team can get to the other's bullpen sooner - but I doubt we'll see many of the regular middle relievers or setup men warming up in there.

Wow, what a game--congrats to Charles J. White, and condolences to zepscoda.

Thanks Paul.....I watched the first few innings on TV, but listened to the rest on the radio. I experenced that insanity that took place in the 53 min 7th inning in my truck, listening to it was awesomely horrible. Baseball is one of the best sports to listen too, the image that Eric Nadel & Matt Hicks painted for the listener was amazing.

The bottom of the 7th was hard to explain. The defense breaking down like they did was historic. It is what it is, no time to bitch about it. Now my  sports focus is to the ice on the 5th floor of Madison Square Garden, and a stumbling football team that currently holds first place in the NFC East who is riddled with injury.

Archived