2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

I like our rotation vs. anything the Cubs have--and if the Mets can get any offense going, this may be a short series, but for right now, I'll say Mets in 6....

I hope you are right Paul for our sake!  As much offense as a team may have, year after year for the most part, once you get deeper into the post season, it is pitching that gives a team an advantage in any series!

People are talking a lot about possible shenanigans tonight between Toronto and KC--I would think nothing will happen, unless of course, somebody gets drilled, then who knows. 

I also wonder if there will be any "bat flipping" tonight....  :D

There will be trouble in that series before its over.  Both teams are trouble makes and I assure you someone gest drilled and the benches clear at some point.  They are both filled with dirty nasty players.  Bautista, Anderson and that other piece of shit that they had to restrain in the Texas series. KC has their own babies. Lorenzo Cain being one.  Fucking hate them both so much hope they kill each other.  I have nothing against or for the Mets one way or another.  They have been away for a bit so its only Granderson I hate.  and I have always had a place in my heart for the Cubs and their fans.  The Cleveland Browns sort of of baseball.  You cannot say the Bills because at least the Bills have been to 4 Super Bowls.  Many teams have not ever been to one

You cannot say the Bills because at least the Bills have been to 4 Super Bowls.  

How many of those Super Bowls did the Buffalo Bills win?  The answer: Zero (0) - None. 

How long ago was that?  The answer:  1993.  22 years ago.  (Even the Saint Louis Rams won a Super Bowl back in 2000).  15 years ago.

When was the last time the Baltimore Orioles won a World Series?  The answer:  1983.  32 years ago. 

When was the last time the Chicago Cubs won a World Series?  The answer:  1908.  107 years ago. 

When was the last time the Saint Louis Cardinals won a World Series?  The answer:  2011.  4 years ago.

//////

Added up and totaled:  Both Saint Louis teams have won Championships in the past 19 years (actually more for the Cardinals as They won the World Series in 2006).

Added up and totaled:  the Baltimore Orioles and the Chicago Cubs have won Championships only 3 times in the past 139 years.   

That is a difference of 120 years.  

Dismiss this as propaganda all you want, but these are hard and real facts that cannot be disputed.  These are facts and not My opinions. 

^ Paul, just about everyone I talk to about baseball has the same feelings. And many of them don't usually follow baseball too much, or only talked about the Yankees before. Of course not having the Red Sox in the post season helps Yankee fans not being bitter.

The Cardinals are right where they belong.  Home doing up some steroids with Mark McGuire watching the Cubs on TV.  This  is not the football thread.  The true St Louis team in football are the Cardinals.  The Rams are my second fav team but it was sad when they left LA.  I love the Blues also.  Second to my Sabres. And for the record they have not won it all either.  But the Sabres are not that old. Baskets do not count for either of our cities. I see good things ahead for the Bills.  That is all I will say on this thread.  Talking to you is a waster of my time.  So piss off King.  I do not wish to engage you.

This Royals and Jays series gives me the Blues.  A sea of Blue.  Go Cubbies!!!!  Kick Ass!!!!!

Hey Walter, does a Yankee fan ever root for the METS?

I know some that do, and some that would never. I look at it, as these are your local teams - and most who I know have always lived here. Anyway, this series is very much up to which Dark Knight shows up - hopefully not the one where Alfred had to suit up...

Mets prevail!  Congrats Paul and to all the other Mets fans here!  Harvey pitched his ass off! Great performance with 2 ER in 7.2 IP.  Not too bad!  Murphy with another HR!  Wow as he only had 14 during the regular season (his most ever) and now 4 in the post season with two being off Kershaw, one off Greinke and the other tonight off Lester!  Good game for Curtis with two RBIs and D'Arnaud with a bomb to center that hit the Apple!  Nice closing by Famiglia to shut it down in the ninth!

Way to Go New York Mets.  I really hope that the Mets knock these young and cocky players out of the NLCS with a complete sweep.  It is my opinion that the Cubs got very lucky when they defeated the Cardinals.  The Cardinals were the better and the more winning team but, I will admit, the Cubs hit a lot of home runs against the Cardinals pitchers. 

With all that being said and in the past, I am now a temporary New York Mets Fan (even though I lived in New Jersey for three years and graduated from Hillsborough High School in 1989).   

I would like to see a NY/KC World Series.  If that does indeed happen, I am still up in the air as who I would like to see win as I also have some ties to Kansas City. 

Go Mets and Go Royals. 

The Cardinals are right where they belong.  Home doing up some steroids with Mark McGuire watching the Cubs on TV.  

This is one of the stupidest and inane and completely ignorant posts of All-Time.  Doing steroids with Mark McGuire.  Mark McGuire is not even with the Saint Louis Cardinals anymore.  He is the hitting coach for the now 3 time losers of a team that is the Los Angeles Dodgers. 

Really?  That is the best that you can come up with regarding the Saint Louis Cardinals is the Mark McGuire, supposed steroid use by ONE PLAYER that happened about 15 years ago?

Here is a more interesting question:  When were the Baltimore Orioles ever a Championship team?  Have they done or made any sort of History in the past 30 years?  THE ANSWER IS NO THEY HAVE NOT AND THE SAME CAN BE SAID AS TO THE EQUALLY INEPT BALTIMORE BILLS. 

Well, last night is kind of what I expected--great pitching and just enough offense to win the game. More of the same tonight I imagine--things may turn a bit when we get to Wrigley Field, but I'm still going to say, Mets in 6....

Paul, expect it to turn tonight when Arrietta goes.  The Cubs are in better shape in game two than game 3 when DeGrom goes. But they can hit him too.  The script will play out like it did vs numb nuts team above.  the Cubs will not be rattled over one win.  I expected the Mets to have a big shot last night. Tonight, the Cubs have a huge shot.  In Vegas they are -1 1/2.  Let me enlighten you.  Run lines are only put out usually if a team is a big favorite. Money lines are far more common in baseball.  Cubs win tonight.  Kick Ass!!!!!!!!  As for you King Bozo, I have heard enough of your BS to last me a life time. Why don't you go jerk off to your St Louis posters

^ Are you kidding me, Corny? I have not even been high on Harvey, lately - but he dominated those pretend monsters you said laid waiting in their lineup! If they can't hit tonight, being served up the fastballs they supposedly love so much - it's over. There's no pitching drop-off with these Mets - it only gets harder...

^ Are you kidding me, Corny? I have not even been high on Harvey, lately - but he dominated those pretend monsters you said laid waiting in their lineup! If they can't hit tonight, being served up the fastballs they supposedly love so much - it's over. There's no pitching drop-off with these Mets - it only gets harder...

So you think Jake Arrietta is going to fucking roll over?  You really do not see that it takes the Cubs a game to get their attack going?  Game one vs St Louis, they had 0 runs, a great game by Lackey.  Next time they shelled him and the Cardinals.  Just like they will the Mutts

Archived