Rumors that Michael Anthony may rejoin Van Halen in 2015

The Rover

They're only rumors, after all. But as a long time VH fan, I think it's time for MA to re-join the band and sing those classic VH harmonies as only he can.

Eddie's son Wolfie, I would imagine, after getting the "t-shirt" of being on tour with VH, is probably wanting to go out and do his own thing, whatever that "thing" is... playing, producing, but being his own man, and not just a plug-in for what came before. Maybe Wolfie wants to play with people his own age. This is Rock'n'Roll.

I read about the rumors at the VH fan site VH Links.

Edited by The Rover

Tremonti has Alter Bridge with Myles and his solo project with Wolfgang. Creed's definitely done.

If it was up to Dave and Alex, Mike would be working with VH right now, Dave hinted at a 'project' and my guess is it's something archival or putting a DVD out from the previous 2 tours. There's supposedly a Texxas Jam film that has never been seen from 1978 and a few other things in the vault as far as Roth era footage goes.

If you're in the DC area, this might be of interest

http://www.whatitmeanstobeamerican.org/events/is-rock-n-roll-all-about-reinvention/

As much as I would love to see MA back, I'm not going to count my chickens yet. The hatred between Eddie, Alex and Michael was palpable, and I find it hard to believe that they have buried the hatchet. Also, Wolfie has been given a lot of responsibility in the band and is not just taking direction. He was very hands on in calling the shots for a Different Kind of Truth. VH will never be the same without MA, but I would not hold my breath.

The two best components of VH were DLR & MA as far as I am concerned. Eddie was great as an innovator until Diver Down, after that its really nothing new, just rehashing the same tunes with different lyrics but all the arrangements sound the same. No real diversity. At least with DLR & MA they were the top of the game as far as niche bands are concerned. VH was the greatest party band of all time, with those two gone its just variations of the same EVH solo over the same, tired arrangements.

There is no way MA will get back with VH. Those two assholes EVH & AVH are whacked out control freaks who hold a grudge longer than Madame Nhu.

Edited by IpMan

The purpose of this band as of today is to sell EVH gear. That aint gonna happen with Eddie's son playing bass. This band needs a lot more 'Panama's than 'Dance the night away'...the problem is they don't have any other 'Panama' that makes a kid rush down to the local guitar shop and buy a guitar and amp. If you're gonna clobber the audience with a continual diet of Eddie's 'brown sound' then the material better damn well be suited for it. This aint Metallica where a bunch of guitar parts are sewn together and the usual solo. Great solo's aren't enough any more. Neither are melodic hooks. Neither is bringing in Anthony to shore up the background vocals to cover up DLR's shot voice and appeal.

Van Halen needs a new jaw dropping electric guitar song from beginning to end. WTF is Wolfgang doing playing bass? If he can't do the job on electric guitar then somebody without the last name van Halen is going to have to replace Edward because he is burn't out. Finito.

All I see is Wolfgang posting pics of Edwards guitar stash on Instagram. And Eddie isn't going to sell guitars and amps for very long without new material. Nobody buys an EVH amp to play Led Zeppelin.