2015 NFL Thread

Walter

I've heard Tebow was consistently the hardest working guy in practices, when with the Jets. And Chip Kelly got lots of criticism for pushing his guys during practices, last season. So there you go - he's a temporary personnel trainer...

It makes the Eagles as laughable as the Rex Ryan-Jets were the past few seasons.

HEY now fella!!!! Watch what you say about my boy!! LOL. If someonoe doesn't shut his mouth he is going to make us laughing stocks if we do not walk the walk. He sure can talk the talk. The Schedule comes out tonight. I cant wait to see it. I want to see how I did predicting it. You may say its a pure random senseless thing. I do not agree. They have sent us to New England a couple of times to end the season and to open. I would expect the improved Buffalo Bills to return to Monday night football and play at least twice on there. If not its a fucking travesty. I predict 3 prime time games. But I am not sure if that will be revealed tonight? It may just be the opponent and date at first and the times to be decided later? Not sure. I welcome any input. I have predicted the Bills will open at home vs Houston. If i nail that it would be something. We know we are going to London week 4 or 5 to play the Jags. I would expect Buffalo to be favored in that game with me at QB. And by the way, that is what I played with my boys in the day. no brag but I could and think I still can toss it over 55-60. When younger no doubt I could. Its about timing playing QB. I mean if you have time to throw in a set position and are going to lead your receiver with a flare type pass or if you are throwing a "bullet" as it was called in the old days. Sammy Baugh had a good system of throwing at the tire swinging from the tree. You have to let it roll off your fingers rather than throwing it like a baseball. I had a good arm but it never translated to baseball because I played SS, 2nd and sometimes caught for my buddy who was a good pitcher. In little league I played SS. Threw right and batted left. I started out swinging right naturally, but when I tried to switch hit as an advantage vs pitchers, I noticed I had much more accuracy batting left. But a little less power. So I chose accuracy over power. In the end I wound up a couch potato like many others, never wanted to put up with the asshole that was the coach at my school and had no father n my life. When my step father was around on rare occasion he wanted me to try out for the wrestling team. I just never liked it. Had no love for it. If I could have played organized sports at a high level hockey would have been my first love. I played but did not get the early start you need. When I went to visit my cousin in Canada, I could not believe my eyes when I saw an ice rink at the end of his street. Well I figured out pretty fast that it was far more of an advantage to be born a Canadian to play hockey. We only had two indoor rinks in those days in Rochester. And they were far and expensive. And you needed a parent to drive you. I was doomed from the start. I knew I had the skill with my hands. I scored 6 goals and 4 assists in one game in college in floor hockey. A 10 pt game. I will take that any day.

I hope they do not snub the Bills now. I see no reason for it. Now that Ryan is here, and we have a ton of talent, but of course we have to figure out who will run the ship at QB, we are going to be a force no matter due to our defense and stars at the skill position. I do hope EJ Manuel can silence his critics. I have seen what he is capable of up close at that Carolina game. But maybe Cassel gives us a better chance to win? Tim will tell. Your teams schedules will be out tonight.

^^^Rick, each team plays their division foes twice, home and away, so you know six of Buffalo's games will be against your AFC East rivals. Then, there's usually two other divisions that your team will have to play, comprising another 8 games.

I looked at the past couple years of the Buffalo Bills schedule. In 2013, aside from your divisional rivals you played the AFC North and NFC South. In 2014 the Bills played the AFC West and NFC North.

If I were a betting man, I would say that in 2016 the Bills will play the AFC South and the NFC East.

Edited by Strider

What did I tell you, at Buffalo week 16. Get ready for an ass-whoopin'! Week 14 at Green Bay, no surprise on those two - then home week 17 against the foreskins! Open against NYG, have NE in Dallas after our 4th week bye (yuck) and Carolina on T-giving. 3 away games in Dec - bring it on!

Rick may be a bit disappointed--I'm looking at the Bills schedule and apparently, even the "Rex Ryan sizzle" wasn't enough to secure the Bills too many primetime spots. A Thursday Night at the Jets and a Monday Night game at the Pats--both in November.

Not too many primetime slots for the Fins either--I'm going to look into whether or not I can secure a ticket for Week 2 at the Jags; of course, as long as Joe Philbin is coach, the Fins will stink but it may be worth the trip anyway....

What did I tell you, at Buffalo week 16. Get ready for an ass-whoopin'! Week 14 at Green Bay, no surprise on those two - then home week 17 against the foreskins! Open against NYG, have NE in Dallas after our 4th week bye (yuck) and Carolina on T-giving. 3 away games in Dec - bring it on!

2 Days after Xmas YOU GET READY FOR AN ASS WHIPPIN AND A FREEZIN BOY!!!!! :lol::freezing::freezing: Home Boys won't know what hit them. We are finally on Monday night football so the snub is over. An easy game at New England. And a Thurs night prime time game vs the Jets And the game in London.

Everyone knows the Jets suck. So why do they keep putting them on MNF? Nobdoy wants to see them. We are going to sweep them again

Edited by LedZeppfan77

^^^Rick, each team plays their division foes twice, home and away, so you know six of Buffalo's games will be against your AFC East rivals. Then, there's usually two other divisions that your team will have to play, comprising another 8 games.

I looked at the past couple years of the Buffalo Bills schedule. In 2013, aside from your divisional rivals you played the AFC North and NFC South. In 2014 the Bills played the AFC West and NFC North.

If I were a betting man, I would say that in 2016 the Bills will play the AFC South and the NFC East.

We play the NFC East this year strider which means we will not see them again for 4 years

^^ Walter, I know you said you may be taking a road trip for the Boys @ Tampa--any chance you'll try to squeeze in the Boys/Fins game too?

That's what Mrs. Walter was asking. If Harvick is in the championship 4-some at Homestead, that takes priority. I know I have Monday off, since it's leading into t-giving week. You never know....I DO know for a fact I won't be in Buffalo on 12/27 for the "Great Wall of Dallas II"'s ass kicking of the Bills! ;)

Raiders play the AFC North and the NFC North this year. We don't play our first divisional foe until game 5 vs. Denver...by which time the Raiders could very well be 0-4.

Three straight games versus the AFC North to open the season, which is very odd. Then the fourth game at Chicago...back to back east coast trips. Thank you NFL.

At least we don't have to go to London this year. Unlike Rick 's Bills.

Raiders play the AFC North and the NFC North this year. We don't play our first divisional foe until game 5 vs. Denver...by which time the Raiders could very well be 0-4.

Three straight games versus the AFC North to open the season, which is very odd. Then the fourth game at Chicago...back to back east coast trips. Thank you NFL.

At least we don't have to go to London this year. Unlike Rick 's Bills.

Vs the mighty Jaguars? Please. I will take that. But I do not like the schedule that much. We do open at home. vs Indy and New England. The Bills will be discounted but can win. Buffalo is a tough place to play as Walter will find out two days after he opens his Xmas presents. The Cowboys might have to spend Xmas in NY! hey, a white Christmas!! They can sing carols and to to Wegmans and try some good Xmas cookies and cooking. I just thought, Xmas must fall on a Friday this year?

we finally avoided the Monday night snub. But Monday night football is nothing like it used to be. Its a joke. It was great when Cosell, and the Giff and Al Micheals, now the head honcho and then an understudy of a legend in the business. Howard Cosell, you are missed. You will never come again

Greg Hardy suspended 10 games without pay. Appeal to come... When the offense took place, the personal conduct rule was 6 games for a first time offender. The courts have upheld the fact Goodell cannot change the bargaining agreement however he wants. So, it will be appealed and should be brought back down to 6 games.

Buffalo will be tough in December, that is true. Dallas has always struggled at Rich Stadium. It'll be fun banter, as always!

Lots of time to talk trash Walter. LOL. But first things first. I do not know your guy that was suspended? Is he defensive lineman? And I expect more moves before the season. Like on draft day.I have to see the schedule in depth. I think the St Louis Rams will be a good team this year in the NFC and I believe the Bills will be far better than people think. There is much enthusiasm here. We know we have a rock solid defense and we know we are good at the skill positions. Of course the QB is the issue, but Cassel can play and I believe EJ can play with this talent around him. And he can run with the ball if he has to tuck it.

Greg Hardy suspended 10 games without pay. Appeal to come... When the offense took place, the personal conduct rule was 6 games for a first time offender. The courts have upheld the fact Goodell cannot change the bargaining agreement however he wants. So, it will be appealed and should be brought back down to 6 games.

What the hell, Walter! Didn't this clown get suspended last season for the same offense? What a dick. Even if his sentence is reduced to six games, this puts a helluva strain on the defense right out of the gate. With Sean Lee and Morris Claiborne coming off injuries, the Cowboys D needs all the healthy bodies it can muster. Not a very Phi Beta Kappa move on Hardy's part.

As for the Cowboys rival in the East, the Eagles, I have been thinking...with Philadelphia losing all their running backs in the off-season, most importantly LeSean McCoy, I wonder if Chip Kelly is cooking up a three-quarterback formation using Bradford, Sanchez and Tebow all at once?

Edited by Strider

What the hell, Walter! Didn't this clown get suspended last season for the same offense? What a dick. Even if his sentence is reduced to six games, this puts a helluva strain on the defense right out of the gate. With Sean Lee and Morris Claiborne coming off injuries, the Cowboys D needs all the healthy bodies it can muster. Not a very Phi Beta Kappa move on Hardy's part.

As for the Cowboys rival in the East, the Eagles, I have been thinking...with Philadelphia losing all their running backs in the off-season, most importantly LeSean McCoy, I wonder if Chip Kelly is cooking up a three-quarterback formation using Bradford, Sanchez and Tebow all at once?

He wasn't "suspended" last year, he was put on the commissioner's "exempt list". He missed 15 games, but was paid still by the Panthers. In North Carolina, the first part of the judicial system puts you up in front of a judge. At that time the prosecution is allowed to put forth their evidence and then the judge makes a decision based on that. The judge found him guilty of DV. The next step is an appeal where you go in front of a jury and a real trial takes place. He appealed, but by then the women in question dropped the charges because she stopped showing up to court. So, ultimately the charges were dropped. "God"dell investigated it for the NFL and said that there was enough evidence for him to say there was a violation of the personal conduct rule the NFL agreed to with the NFLPA. However, when the offense took place the maximum was a 6 game suspension, without pay. If you remember Ray Rice received a 2 game suspension last year before the video hit the living rooms everywhere in the U.S., then he was put on the "exempt list". Hardy will appeal this ruling and at maximum he should receive 6 games for a charge that he ultimately wasn't found guilty for and has already missed 15 games for. I'm obviously not down with a guy who throws women around, but there is also a legal system in place for a reason. "God"dell is trying to make the league look good to the public basically saying "rules be damned, I'm gonna show that I have high standards for our league and this guy is gonna pay".... How many times should he be disciplined? He is looking at missing 25 games now, for a violation that he was never found guilty for in the end.

As far as the Cowboys go, he doesn't get any guaranteed money from the contract he signed - it's all incentives, based on how many games he plays and how he performs.

The appeal should take approximately 100 days to be heard and ruled on, based on past precedent.

Considering that the draft is this week, i am curious to know who you fellas think your respective teams should select?

I'd like the Raiders to stay at 4, and select Amari Cooper. My first choice would be Leonard Williams but i strongly doubt he will be there. Cooper is exactly what Carr needs at receiver. I realize a lot of analysts have the Raiders taking White, but to me that's more an Al Davis move, taking the bigger/faster guy who had perhaps one good year, compared to the more (seemingly) reliable Cooper. Granted, it is the Draft, so any of them have a chance at being busts.