2015 NFL Thread

Walter

I'm done talking about it. When the story first broke before the Super Bowl I didn't care, and did my best to avoid it.

Now the investigation is finished and the NFL has handed down its sentence. All that remains is whether Brady appeals.

I have already stated my position and everyone else has theirs...no need to belabor the point.

From now on, my focus is on the summer camps and the new season. I'm finished with Deflategate.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

http://yourteamcheats.com/cheaters/

"The leader in troll control since 2015" - Abraham Lincoln :blink::wtf:

That's a good one! :hysterical:

I admit, I was puzzled by that one too. Date must be a typo.

the chase: Go to the bottom of the page of that Your Team Cheats link and you'll understand what Walter is referring to.

I admit, I was puzzled by that one too. Date must be a typo.

the chase: Go to the bottom of the page of that Your Team Cheats link and you'll understand what Walter is referring to.

thanks Strider

I'm done talking about it. When the story first broke before the Super Bowl I didn't care, and did my best to avoid it.

Now the investigation is finished and the NFL has handed down its sentence. All that remains is whether Brady appeals.

I have already stated my position and everyone else has theirs...no need to belabor the point.

From now on, my focus is on the summer camps and the new season. I'm finished with Deflategate.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

http://yourteamcheats.com/cheaters/

Whoah!!!!!!!! Strider, you may be done talking about it but I assure you the media circus will continue in full vigor. I am going out on a limb and I will predict 3 games as the league offices do not like being predictable and everyone is saying 2 games. They will go against public opinion and make the number different than the predictions IMO. If I am wrong so be it. They could uphold the 4 games or knock it to 1 or 2? No way to they eliminate it completely as that would be like them saying, we made a huge mistake. Never going to happen. I am sure we all agree on that. Week 3 is vs Jacksonville at home. How the hell does that happen? The divison winners are not supposed to have last place teams on their schedule. Another fuckup. The Bills play Cincy and NE plays Denver. Not much of a difference there IMO as Denver is declining with Peyton's age and Cincy continues to improve. The Bills have put up a 50 plus spot on them I believe the last two meetings. Rex Ryan is already talking up the joint and I see no reason for him to back off now. NE at Dallas, that game is a huge one that will be impacted tremendously if Brady has to sit. We start with Luck week one so I doubt we will miss Tom very much. I think we are going to have one hell of a pass rush with K Williams, Super Mario, Dareus and Hughes. We are going to eat thunder and crap lightning as one great trainer once said. I may go to the game with my buddy who is a NE fan and is a bit reluctant to go now. If he wears the colors its at his own risk. He got his pic taken with Thurman Thomas at Batavia downs. Thurman is a frequent horse player and a big hockey fan. Great guy. You know, I do not hate Tom Brady. Always liked him in fact. I don't like the team but I just cannot hate them like I hate Miami and Pittsburgh. And the Jets. I hope the Jets bring some extra clothes as so too will the Bills need when we go there. Lots of beer showers a coming in that series.

One thing I am curious about...just as follow-up. Doesn't the punter and kicker get input on air levels ? Do they get to designate certain balls pre-game as the ones used for that purpose ? Certainly a higher pressure ball is going to go farther and have more hang time. Probably easier to on-side kick too. No biggie...just curious.

The NFL uses two different sets of balls, Bong-Man. One set of balls are used for kickoffs and field goals and the other set are used for regular game play. Kickers and punters have no input.

Whoah!!!!!!!! Strider, you may be done talking about it but I assure you the media circus will continue in full vigor. I am going out on a limb and I will predict 3 games as the league offices do not like being predictable and everyone is saying 2 games. They will go against public opinion and make the number different than the predictions IMO. If I am wrong so be it. They could uphold the 4 games or knock it to 1 or 2? No way to they eliminate it completely as that would be like them saying, we made a huge mistake. Never going to happen. I am sure we all agree on that. Week 3 is vs Jacksonville at home. How the hell does that happen? The divison winners are not supposed to have last place teams on their schedule. Another fuckup. The Bills play Cincy and NE plays Denver. Not much of a difference there IMO as Denver is declining with Peyton's age and Cincy continues to improve. The Bills have put up a 50 plus spot on them I believe the last two meetings. Rex Ryan is already talking up the joint and I see no reason for him to back off now. NE at Dallas, that game is a huge one that will be impacted tremendously if Brady has to sit. We start with Luck week one so I doubt we will miss Tom very much. I think we are going to have one hell of a pass rush with K Williams, Super Mario, Dareus and Hughes. We are going to eat thunder and crap lightning as one great trainer once said. I may go to the game with my buddy who is a NE fan and is a bit reluctant to go now. If he wears the colors its at his own risk. He got his pic taken with Thurman Thomas at Batavia downs. Thurman is a frequent horse player and a big hockey fan. Great guy. You know, I do not hate Tom Brady. Always liked him in fact. I don't like the team but I just cannot hate them like I hate Miami and Pittsburgh. And the Jets. I hope the Jets bring some extra clothes as so too will the Bills need when we go there. Lots of beer showers a coming in that series.

I don't have to follow the herd, Rick. Let everyone drone on about it if they want.

I do think Brady's suspension will be reduced. Deflategate is not on a par with Bountygate or taking PEDs. It is more in line with what the Minnesota Vikings and Carolina Panthers were caught doing, and what Brad Johnson and Aaron Rogers have admitted doing to their balls. And they either got a slap on the wrist or no penalty at all.

http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/11218/nfl-aware-of-game-ball-incident-during-panthers-vikings

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/could_tom_bradys_suspension_be_overturned_completely/18784427?linksrc=story_sitewide_yardbarker_footer_head_18784427

But don't worry Rick...I think your Buffalo Bills are safe. It will probably be reduced to a two-game suspension, which means Brady will still miss playing your Bills in week 2.

Meanwhile, here are the latest Super Bowl Odds adjusted after the NFL handed down their punishment on New England:

ODDS TO WIN SUPER BOWL 50 AT BOVADA AS OF MAY 12
  • Seattle Seahawks 11/2
  • Green Bay Packers 7/1
  • Indianapolis Colts 8/1
  • Dallas Cowboys 10/1
  • New England Patriots 10/1
  • Denver Broncos 11/1
  • Philadelphia Eagles 18/1
  • Arizona Cardinals 25/1
  • Baltimore Ravens 25/1
  • Pittsburgh Steelers 25/1
  • New York Giants 28/1
  • Buffalo Bills 33/1
  • Cincinnati Bengals 33/1
  • Detroit Lions 33/1
  • Kansas City Chiefs 33/1
  • Miami Dolphins 33/1
  • New York Jets 33/1
  • San Francisco 49ers 33/1
  • St. Louis Rams 33/1
  • Atlanta Falcons 40/1
  • Carolina Panthers 40/1
  • New Orleans Saints 40/1
  • Chicago Bears 50/1
  • Houston Texans 50/1
  • Minnesota Vikings 50/1
  • San Diego Chargers 50/1
  • Oakland Raiders 66/1
  • Cleveland Browns 75/1
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers 100/1
  • Washington Redskins 100/1
  • Jacksonville Jaguars 200/1
  • Tennessee Titans 200/1

I'll be glad when there is something else in the NFL world besides deflated balls we can talk about...

There is...like the fact that your Dolphins and Rick's Bills are given the same 33/1 odds by Vegas to win the Super Bowl...the same as the stinking J-E-T-S! :blink:

Also, look at the tumble San Francisco has taken. They're getting no respect from Las Vegas in the post-Harbaugh era.

There is...like the fact that your Dolphins and Rick's Bills are given the same 33/1 odds by Vegas to win the Super Bowl...the same as the stinking J-E-T-S! :blink:

Also, look at the tumble San Francisco has taken. They're getting no respect from Las Vegas in the post-Harbaugh era.

Some of those odds are a joke for sure. How the hell can they rate the Giants higher than us? Too much respect for Pittsburgh also. And Denver with an aging Manning. I wish we played them. We would kick the shit out of them

http://espn.go.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/12886299/why-buffalo-bills-make-playoffs-2015-season-nfl

Well I am not a payed insider so I cannot read the entire story but Joyner of ESPN has reasons why they Buffalo Bills will make the playoffs this year. And at the top of the list are the acquisition of Ryan and the fact they may have the best defense in football, AFC for sure. I am a believer. I only wonder who will win the QB job? I lean toward Cassel on experience. Manuel is more mobile but does he have the arm? With the running game they have, they will make defense's have to not cheat on their run defense schemes. So that is going to leave guy like Woods and Watkins in single coverage. With Brady and his situation that also is a bit of a help. But we cannot be counting on that. We must win. Pound the ball, throw at the right times and punish opposing QB's starting with Mr Luck. I am for a 4-3 with K Williams, Super Mario, Hughes, and Darius on the front 4, no doubt the best in the NFL>

Awwwww, that makes me sad. A large part of my childhood was spent watching those old Dolphin teams..their games were on TV all the time. Garo was a fun, lovable character...he was human compared to the giants on the field.

He was also the first kicker I remember to kick soccer-style instead of straight-ahead like George Blanda, Tom Dempsey, and most other NFL kickers of the era. I thought it looked pretty cool and he instantly became my favourite kicker...after Blanda, of course.

Rest in peace, Garo Yepremian. You take a piece of my childhood with you.

Awwwww, that makes me sad. A large part of my childhood was spent watching those old Dolphin teams..their games were on TV all the time. Garo was a fun, lovable character...he was human compared to the giants on the field.

He was also the first kicker I remember to kick soccer-style instead of straight-ahead like George Blanda, Tom Dempsey, and most other NFL kickers of the era. I thought it looked pretty cool and he instantly became my favourite kicker...after Blanda, of course.

Rest in peace, Garo Yepremian. You take a piece of my childhood with you.

Gogalak was one of the first. Pete i believe. Maybe Goodell will say, I made a mistake. Lets make it 8 games!!!! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

You are quite the fucking Weisenheimer there Walt. Your father is likely screaming at you. The Bills will be dam scary and will win the east. WIN IT!!!!! Their defensive line is a monster. They are going to stomp your Home Boys into dog shit.

Yeah, yeah, yeah Walter. That is all you do.

That's an ironic statement coming from you, Rick. I'll let the play on the field do the talking. You should just worry if your team will make the playoffs sometime this century, instead of telling me how bad they'll beat the Cowboys.

All I know is, I haven't been as excited as I am for this season - as a Cowboys fan - in a long time. The reports out of Valley Ranch are very encouraging right now. But, it is only June. All the pieces are there. The second youngest team, with the second lowest payroll is a good start with all that talent, depth, and workman attitude.

Archived