Being at a Gig

Charles J. White

I really think that going forward everyone from the venue people, rock bands, and rock band management have to crack up security. If people can't feel safe, or think they are a target in the eyes of some fuck, people will start to avoid going to gigs. I think the world needs more music at this time not less. 

I really think that going forward everyone from the venue people, rock bands, and rock band management have to crack up security. If people can't feel safe, or think they are a target in the eyes of some fuck, people will start to avoid going to gigs. I think the world needs more music at this time not less. 

I get where you are coming from but how? How do you stop an asshole with an AK and a vest-bomb? Even if you had a full squad of tactical police out front you have thousands of people mulling about, the assholes will just open up on the crowd.

IMO I stand with what FDR said, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." The moment we react in such a way, shut ourselves up, have police or military roaming the streets, the assholes (terrorists) have won. You know how we win? By keep on keeping on, giving zero news coverage outside of basic informational regarding the acts, and quietly assassinating the leaders and instigating clerics of these assholes with zero news coverage.

Once these assholes realize they will not have news time and assassination teams are after them they will go away. These assholes are black holes, sucking up all the negative energy the world can throw at them and becoming stronger in the process. Once we remove their motivation, they will have no point, no jihad.

Even if you had a full squad of tactical police out front you have thousands of people mulling about, the assholes will just open up on the crowd.

I tend to doubt it as the jerkoffs usually attack in gun free zones.

Then play on.

I tend to doubt it as the jerkoffs usually attack in gun free zones.

Then play on.

If they attacked in an area where everyone was packing the death count would most likely be double due to crossfire, poor target acquisition, and overall incompetence since there is currently no requirements of proficiency to own and pack a gun. Also, there is that whole "vest bomb" thing as well.

Now let's keep this civil, we don't want this to get locked up due to controversial comments...

I will be at a Walter Trout gig on Friday. I won't stop going to live shows.

Neither will I. Going to a No Age concert tonight, in fact. There are thousands of concerts happening around the world every night. The odds of jihadists attacking the one I am at are infinitesimal. 

Same here ledded1 and Strider.

Taking the missus to St. Paul and the Broken Bones Friday night at the Alabama Theatre... where we saw Robert & SSS at their second ever public concert.
A pleasure to meet Sam and Dandu prior to the show and talk about the *weather* for 20-30 minutes....

• 1 month later...

I get where you are coming from but how? How do you stop an asshole with an AK and a vest-bomb? Even if you had a full squad of tactical police out front you have thousands of people mulling about, the assholes will just open up on the crowd.

IMO I stand with what FDR said, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." The moment we react in such a way, shut ourselves up, have police or military roaming the streets, the assholes (terrorists) have won. You know how we win? By keep on keeping on, giving zero news coverage outside of basic informational regarding the acts, and quietly assassinating the leaders and instigating clerics of these assholes with zero news coverage.

Once these assholes realize they will not have news time and assassination teams are after them they will go away. These assholes are black holes, sucking up all the negative energy the world can throw at them and becoming stronger in the process. Once we remove their motivation, they will have no point, no jihad.

The news isn't going to stop covering a war in Syria that has drawn in numerous nations, an extremist group that has conquered territory in Iraq and Syria and that has conducted terrorist operations across the globe including bringing down a civilian aircraft. So I don't know what you are talking about. I do agree that we should not post the photos and names of individual wacko shooters such as the people in Colorado. As for security, people going into a show should go through security. There's airport-like security at Madison Square Garden. The point is to keep the shooters/bombers from entering the facility. Yes, they will just blow themselves up at the gates, but fewer people would be killed.

If they attacked in an area where everyone was packing the death count would most likely be double due to crossfire, poor target acquisition, and overall incompetence since there is currently no requirements of proficiency to own and pack a gun. Also, there is that whole "vest bomb" thing as well.

Now let's keep this civil, we don't want this to get locked up due to controversial comments...

I went to a Beatles cover concert a week ago and never thought once about those cocksuckers. I wasn't packing, but I know a lot of people in Enumclaw do.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived