Pontiac "77. .76,229. .

Bozoso73

Who the hell is Jean Michel Jarre and why does everyone outside the US want to see him? This guy has performed at just about every one of those mega-concerts, usually as the headliner. I feel so provincial in the US when I find out about some international superstar that everyone knows and loves yet I have never even heard of.

Who the hell is Jean Michel Jarre and why does everyone outside the US want to see him? This guy has performed at just about every one of those mega-concerts, usually as the headliner. I feel so provincial in the US when I find out about some international superstar that everyone knows and loves yet I have never even heard of.

It's one of those strange things, just like Julio Iglesias and Yanni.  They all sell boatloads of records but no-one can understand the attraction.  

It's one of those strange things, just like Julio Iglesias and Yanni.  They all sell boatloads of records but no-one can understand the attraction.  

Argh, Yanni, now there is a mystery. Yanni and that Pan Flute playing dude who sold 500,000,000 records...I just do not get it. What is the attraction?

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, eminence said:

I hear you man on the disconnect with European superstars.  If you ask someone from Europe (excluding the UK) to list the top 10 European rock stars of all time, Falco will usually still make the list.

Guilty pleasure... I LOVE Falco! Brilliantin' Brutal BABY!!! But yes, everyone has their thing I guess.

Archived