Does Anyone Else Feel It?

tyedye

I don't know how to explain this. I am sure some of you are going to think I am full of crap but every since this spring, even before I read one word about the Gig at the 02, I've had this feeling.

I still have this feeling that something is going on.

Does anyone else feel it?

That somethings up with LZ? Something big? Something good?

yes, totaly I new as soon as i saw JP swaggering into the limo after the trial something was up. also as soon as I heard they were rehearsing for the gig I new it was not a one off. They have done a brilliant job with the marketing and keeping us at the edge of our seats. my next prediction: The band has cut a deal with the russian government to play a gig in space. Dave Grohl will replace Robert Plant as the singer while he is on tour with Alison.

finally they will travel around America in a huge blimp broadcasting live performances making use of super low frequency speakers that Jimmy had invented for just the occaision

Yes, in a way.

I remember several months back, reading an interview with Robert saying that he had closed a book on his life and was going to do Country.I didn't think he was joking .

I have always taken him very seriously since that time in the early 90's when he said "What else am I going to do?. Sleep with the board at Coca Cola and make a commercial?"

Oh how I laughed!.

Then a couple of months Later he had made that commercial!

Anyway, and I know you aren't going to believe me, but when I was 15 years old in 1983, I had a "vision" of Robert Plant in the (then) far future.He looked almost exactly the way he looks now except perhaps not as blond. As soon as I saw the beard he has now,the old image came back to me and I got a very strange and thrilling feeling.This was months before I had even heard of the tribute concert.I knew in my bones that Led Zeppelin were going to do something special and ledgendary, at least one more time.

I don't know how to explain this. I am sure some of you are going to think I am full of crap but every since this spring, even before I read one word about the Gig at the 02, I've had this feeling.

I've had that feeling for over 25 years !!! It's nice to be alive in the age of Zeppelin Rising !!!

Back around Feburary or March, I started having this feeling that something was going to happen. Didnt specifcally know what it was but that it was going to be big. This sounds vague but its like something in the air. Maybe vibes or something. When the Plant/Krauss collaboration hit the stores, I got worried. It seemed like a good "easing into eventual retirement project". I'm not dissing the cd at all. I'm glad its been a success. I just don't think Plant is too old to rock and roll and I felt that he was less into this reunion than the other two. Maybe he was worried that they couldnt pull it off. Yes, gods have anxieties too. lol.

The excitement is still in the air. Since O2 was such a success then the door is open a crack for at least a couple more gigs. What I'm excited about now though, is the possibility of new material, slim as that possibility might be.

I have a peaceful, easy feeling that won't let me down. I don't remember the song that line comes from but thats how I feel at the moment.

Cyd

I know exactly what you mean! I picked up a copy of Q magazine a few months ago, and saw a photo of Jimmy on the cover (the first one I'd seen of him with white hair!). At that point, my love of Zeppelin, whilst it had been there for umpty-God knows how many years, had kinda faded into the background a little. I saw that photo of Jimmy, and it was like "whoosh!" - all the memories of the great music and what it meant to me when I was a teenager, came flooding back to me. I dug out my old music, bought some new CDs, got the DVD and now I am well and truly hooked all over again.

I also felt somehow that (as tyedye says), there was "something in the air". I started noticing Zep references/links everywhere I looked, whether it was photos taken by Jimmy's daughter Scarlet, or JP giving evidence in the bootlegs case in Scotland. When I saw the O2 gig announced, I couldn't believe it - somehow I KNEW it was going to happen (obviously not the detail of where it was, and that it would be a tribute to the late, great Ahmet, but that they would reform, somehow, somewhere).

I don't think I am psychic (some might say I'm psychotic maybe on occasions :rolleyes: but here goes, I'll stick my neck out ... they WILL tour, just a few dates in London, then a few dates in major cities of the US. When - my guess would be end of 2008/early 2009.

Time will tell!

AGREE!!! ...something's been in the air for a while, at least for me. I've been a HUGE fan since 1971 but it wasn't until Feb 2007 that I got this Zoso tattoo --- long before any reunion rumours started. I remember at a party in May 2007, a hypothetical question amongst friends came up..."If there was a single reunion concert and it was overseas, would you go ???" My answer was the only emphatic YES! ...as it turned out months later, I got the congratulory email in the first round and my friends did not --- I was devastated when the concert was delayed 2 weeks, EXPEDIA hung me out to dry, I had to deal with the airline myself and finally managed to get everything rebooked...so I have to think it was all meant to be, and I don't think its over yet!

AGREE!!! ...something's been in the air for a while, at least for me. I've been a HUGE fan since 1971 but it wasn't until Feb 2007 that I got this Zoso tattoo --- long before any reunion rumours started. I remember at a party in May 2007, a hypothetical question amongst friends came up..."If there was a single reunion concert and it was overseas, would you go ???" My answer was the only emphatic YES! ...as it turned out months later, I got the congratulory email in the first round and my friends did not --- I was devastated when the concert was delayed 2 weeks, EXPEDIA hung me out to dry, I had to deal with the airline myself and finally managed to get everything rebooked...so I have to think it was all meant to be, and I don't think its over yet!

Yup!I feel the same feelings for a long time.

Archived