Beat Club - Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - Complete Version (some new footage)

55 minutes ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

Pardon my ignorance Morgan, but I have a couple of questions to ask you, about this particular performance:

1) Were there originally two performances of BIGLY, such that the second performance (the one with the lip-syncing) happened because of some technical glitch that made the broadcast of the first performance fade out even before the song ended?

2) Why did that technical glitch occur in the first place?

3) Were there any other songs that were affected by this, leading to a second performance of such songs by the band?

Sorry for all these questions, but my mind is just bursting to know! :peace: 

56 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Pardon my ignorance Morgan, but I have a couple of questions to ask you, about this particular performance:

1) Were there originally two performances of BIGLY, such that the second performance (the one with the lip-syncing) happened because of some technical glitch that made the broadcast of the first performance fade out even before the song ended?

2) Why did that technical glitch occur in the first place?

3) Were there any other songs that were affected by this, leading to a second performance of such songs by the band?

Sorry for all these questions, but my mind is just bursting to know! :peace: 

Here's what Argenteum Astrum says: 

It remainded as a curiocity why the band decided to perform in television after as they were so dissapointed with "How Late It Is" show on March 21st, 1969. For sure the band didn't want to play it and this can be easily noticed, when Bonham just looking around dully while he's playing drums. Led Zeppelin performed Babe I'm Gonne Leave You and You Shook Me but the producers of Beat Club weren't really impressed by group's performance and did not broadcast the filmed material. Only in March 1970, when Whole Lotta Love became popular in Germany, the Beat Club producers used the previously filmed material to produce a video clip using the commercially released version of Whole Lotta Love for the clip's audio portion. The clip also features go-go female dancers. The originally recorded audio portions were not used. Newly rediscovered in Autumn of 2007 incomplete version of the previously unaired Babe I'm Gonna Leave You is captured from a recent broadcast of "Vinyl - RockPopGeschichte(n)".

11 hours ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

Here's what Argenteum Astrum says: 

It remainded as a curiocity why the band decided to perform in television after as they were so dissapointed with "How Late It Is" show on March 21st, 1969. For sure the band didn't want to play it and this can be easily noticed, when Bonham just looking around dully while he's playing drums. Led Zeppelin performed Babe I'm Gonne Leave You and You Shook Me but the producers of Beat Club weren't really impressed by group's performance and did not broadcast the filmed material. Only in March 1970, when Whole Lotta Love became popular in Germany, the Beat Club producers used the previously filmed material to produce a video clip using the commercially released version of Whole Lotta Love for the clip's audio portion. The clip also features go-go female dancers. The originally recorded audio portions were not used. Newly rediscovered in Autumn of 2007 incomplete version of the previously unaired Babe I'm Gonna Leave You is captured from a recent broadcast of "Vinyl - RockPopGeschichte(n)".

Thanks for being incredibly patient and explaining things in such great detail, Sath! I really appreciate it! :friends: 

After your response, I don't feel incredibly awkward / guilty any more, for asking such questions in public! :ph34r::lol: 

Thanks again, my friend! :toast:

Archived