2018 NHL Season

zepscoda

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Isles up 3-0 on the Devils after 2!  

Can anyone even touch the Lightning? 74 pts...

Toronto just beat them 4-2.  My Sabres beat them the first time and then lost two to them in OT 5-4.  The last one was tied last Saturday with 3 minutes left and the zebras called a penalty that never should have been called.  It gave them the game because it gave them a power play.  19,000 fans agree with me as Buffalo fans are very smart hockey fans.  They do not litter the ice over nothing. The Sabres are ahead of schedule on the rebuild  Jack Eichel scored a beauty last night in Calgary to beat them 4-3 and that is as tough a building to win in in the NHL.  Buffalo is the only team to win 10 in a row.  

NO, we are not Cup ready this year. But we are loaded with young talent and own the Sharks and Blues draft picks, some conditional, this summer.  Young superstars on this Buffalo team:  Jack Eichel, Jeff Skinner (second in goals in the NHL), Rasmus Ristlainen and Rasmus Dahlin.  Both D men. And the best two D men in Sabres history when all is said and done. Zach Begosian and McCabe and Pilut are all excellent young defensemen. They have Middlestadt who set upa  beauty of a goal in Calgary last night.  The main players this year are Tampa, Toronto, Calgary, Nashville, San Jose.   But the Sabres have a good shot to get into the playoffs.  A young team that will get to the dance within 3 years.  They also have the best young goalie prospect in the world out of Finland.  Luukenen. 

On 1/19/2019 at 7:14 PM, Remi said:

Another defeat vs Anaheim, chances are gone to access playoffs,  NJD are so bad this season.

Well did you really expect they were going to be good this year?  They are in a rebuild.  As are my boys but we are far ahead of schedule, but we need to kick some ass during this 7 game home stand after traveling to Columbus and Dallas.  Its a huge stretch that is going to make us or break us.  But realistically we were not supposed to get in this year. Just get better and develop the future young stars we have on this roster, and then cash in on the picks we have from San Jose (for Evander Kane) and St Louis (O'Reilly).  I am not sure if this goalie for team Finland, Luukinen, who the Sabres own, is going to be the guy moving forward down the road?  But it sure is not going to be Hutton who seems to have lost his job to Ullmark. Time for us to kick some damn ass after this all star break.  We have Eichel and Skinner in the game at least. I think its in San Jose?  Next year  the outdoor classic is in Dallas. Not sure about the All Star game? I want to see the Islanders slip up but it seems our best shot might be catching Montreal, who we are 3 for 3 against.  Columbus has not played well lately so they might be ripe too??

WTF... the rangers have 10  days off, talk about a all star break. They haven't played since the 19th. It's going to take forever for the kids on that team to find their legs and gel with their lines when play resumes for them on the 29th. Too much time off.

17 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Stars vs. Nashville in the winter classic 

It would have been better had they had a West vs East game. They just assume that Nashville will be good again next year.  The fact is they are great on defense but have only one scoring line.  They are very beatable.  And so is Dallas.  This is a game that if played right now, good chance the final score would be 1-0 or 2-0 Nashville with an open net goal to ice it. It will be one boring ass affair.  Another shit game for the NHL.

On 1/26/2019 at 8:31 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

It would have been better had they had a West vs East game. They just assume that Nashville will be good again next year.  The fact is they are great on defense but have only one scoring line.  They are very beatable.  And so is Dallas.  This is a game that if played right now, good chance the final score would be 1-0 or 2-0 Nashville with an open net goal to ice it. It will be one boring ass affair.  Another shit game for the NHL.

Nashville was a poor choice.  Original 6 fans travel far more than Preds fans do. Or with all the west coast transplants in north Texas, a California team would have been a good choice as well. ...but its all good, there should be plenty of tickets available. 

On 1/19/2019 at 6:14 PM, Remi said:

Another defeat vs Anaheim, chances are gone to access playoffs,  NJD are so bad this season.

Good game going on up in Newark.

Let's go Rangers !

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Stoned by fucking Bishop last night.  How did Tampa let him get away?  We have 7 games in a row at home.  This is a crucial time for us to make a run

Yes, every point is imperative now more than ever. I've written this Rangers season off, but you never know.

They were saying there's a shitload of scouts at the Rangers / Devils  game

14 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Good game going on up in Newark.

Let's go Rangers !

Yes, every point is imperative now more than ever. I've written this Rangers season off, but you never know.

They were saying there's a shitload of scouts at the Rangers / Devils  game

The Sabres are right there if they can cash in on this home stand. We need to beat Chicago tonight.   It would top off a nice parlay for me as I took the 76ers straight up money line last night at Golden st.  The Devils are ahead of the Rangers in the standings are they not?  Last night they blew a 2-0 lead.  I am sure Remi is pissed.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2019 at 6:21 PM, Remi said:

Yeah... The season looks so looooong, its hard to see my Devils in this situation we are the worst team with LA 

I have miss the All Stars Game, who have watched it ?

Actually I think that honor now goes to the Ducks.  At least based on their play  and their coach was just fired.  WE keep winning one, losing one.  Cant get in like that.  We need to reel off a string wins and I hope that starts with the Islanders tomorrow?

On 2/1/2019 at 9:55 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The Sabres are right there if they can cash in on this home stand. We need to beat Chicago tonight.   It would top off a nice parlay for me as I took the 76ers straight up money line last night at Golden st.  The Devils are ahead of the Rangers in the standings are they not?  Last night they blew a 2-0 lead.  I am sure Remi is pissed.  

I missed last nights game, damn DVR didn't record it either ... watching Rangers rewind now, but of course I know the score because my buds were blowing my phone up with each goal...lol

We needed that win, but still way out of the wildcard. Rumor has It that Zuc is going to go to the either Montreal or down here to Dallas. I'd hate to see him moved from NY, but if we can acquire some defense I'll take it.

Current Wild Card standings as of this morning:

Screenshot_20190216-090959_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 minute ago, zepscoda said:

I missed last nights game, damn DVR didn't record it either ... watching Rangers rewind now, but of course I know the score because my buds were blowing my phone up with each goal...lol

We needed that win, but still way out of the wildcard. Rumor has It that Zuc is going to go to the either Montreal or down here to Dallas. I'd hate to see him moved from NY, but if we can acquire some defense I'll take it.

Current Wild Card standings as of this morning:

Screenshot_20190216-090959_Samsung Internet.jpg

It was pathetic goaltending.  And why would Housley pull the damn goalie down two or three?  Asshole.  Fire him and replace these shit goalies.  Buffalo should have won this game.  There is no way on Earth the Rangers can make the playoffs.  Sorry

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

It was pathetic goaltending.  And why would Housley pull the damn goalie down two or three?  Asshole.  Fire him and replace these shit goalies.  Buffalo should have won this game.  There is no way on Earth the Rangers can make the playoffs.  Sorry

Watching the game now... D'Angelo nailed Okposo with a hard right.... that was a shot!

20 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Watching the game now... D'Angelo nailed Okposo with a hard right.... that was a shot!

Never been a huge Okpooso fan.  He is a good grinder and he can score here and there.   But Eichel and Skinner and Reinhart make us tick.  That post Eichel hit was a tough one.  Should have scored.  It might have changed the entire game

We really need to win in NJ today.  

Edited by LedZeppfan1977